Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Let You Play as the Dog

ShirowShirow

Oct 14, 2010
Hell yeah, I approve of this 100%.

I'm a fan of that dog. I didn't think I would warm up to him, especially seeing as the one that kept getting shoved down my throat in Fable did nothing but frustrate me, but this one I can't wait to see more of.

Yarpie

Jun 24, 2010
That dog is so dying in your arms as it's protecting you from bullets. I suppose it's the next logical step in "shock kills". From soldier to civilians to child. Animal is really the only one left.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
"Sir, the entire internet's laughing at us for trying to pass off the dog as an important innovation! What should we do?"

"Uh... shove the dog in their faces even more and pray it starts working?"

"BRILLIANT!"

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
That actually sounds rather fun.
Of course they will end up killing the poor thing though.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Am I the only one who read the news article and thought "Oh man, I hope we get a "Crotch bite" action when controlling the dog, kind of like a special melee kill executed with the knife button" ?

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011

I honesty have nothing else to say...just...So?! It's a dog...
The last time a video game tried pushing a dog on me I couldn't wait for that damn thing to get shot. Useless thing kept digging up condoms..

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Hero in a half shell said:
Me55enger said:
When I ask this, I ask it with all the bitter, sarcastic irony my overwieght British corpse can muster:

But how is it going to hold the gun?
Ah. We are witnessing history here, behold the creation of a brand new genre: the First Person Biter
http://youtu.be/nAp_GpPne_o[/youtube]

Nope. That's been done before as well.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
These dog puns are annoying. They make me want to pick a bone with whoever started them. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
I can't wait for the turret mission where you play as the dog! Lol what an innovation, Call of Duty.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
I will only play this if the mo-cap for the dog is being done by Elijah Wood

I don't even know why.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
UnnDunn said:
RJ 17 said:
UnnDunn said:
Now let's have dog gameplay in multiplayer... make it a scorestreak or something.
That's what I'm guessing they'll end up doing. It'll likely be similar to a chopper-gunner or something in that you'll run off and hide your actual guy before calling in the dog, at which point you open a little computer that "gives the dog directions", letting you play as the dog.
I imagine it playing just like the RC-XD scorestreak in Black Ops, only with more leaping bites and fewer self-detonations.
Ehhhhhh I'm still thinking more along the lines of chopper-gunner. Hell, there's even a screenshot already:
Edit: Which someone apparently already posted three posts above this one.

:p

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
SwimmingRock said:
Sweet. Now I just need to wait for someone to adapt that engine to a pure dog simulator. I wanna play as a Welsh Corgi and just be adorable. Oh, and perform a "vicous lunge for the throat" if the AI pretends to throw a ball, but doesn't really throw it.
Don't worry about that, they've already announced it for Day-1 DLC:

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
ThreeName said:
OT: They'd better not kill the fucking dog. Dogs dying is always sad.
The saddest thing ever put to screen...cartoon or otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5peiLlHdvo[/youtube]

Faith Meade

Mar 21, 2013
Hey, Infinity Ward, I don't know a whole lot of dogs that play video games. I DO however, know a lot of WOMEN that play video games. Sure would be nice if you had a FEMALE avatar, but no. I guess getting to play as a dog was more important.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
So I guess CoD will keep up with the Killing the Protagonist trend.
WW2-style anti-tank bomb dogs. The final sacrifice for Kibble and country - it's going to happen.

Edit: how could I forget one of my favourite things ever? The Day Today has already covered the subject of Bomb Dogs..

'Terrierists', ha!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
If they do not provide a game-play segment that involves chasing a ball the they have failed as writers.

I also predict that the plot twist will reveal the dog to be working for the other side.