Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Let You Play as the Dog

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I'm fucking sold now.

I said I will never buy another CoD game ever again, but here they go and they are throwing this option in to play as the dog. Now I'm really interested in the campaign.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Lunar Templar said:
Blunderboy said:
And people say that CoD never innovates.
:p they don't, another game who's name escapes me at the moment did the 'play as a dog' thing to, Yahtzee reviewed it awhile ago as I recall.

That said, this is still kinda cool, not enough to make me wanna a CoD game in my home, but still cool
It's about as innovative as their incredible fish AI. Meaning it's already been done years ago but they hope noone remembers and will call it innovation anyway.

TallestGargoyle

Oct 31, 2011
It seems to be an unpopular opinion on this forum, but I for one can't wait for new Call of Duty. Y'know, "can't wait" as in a year of waiting for new generic shooter (that's mostly only generic because other developers are majorly copying them more than the games themselves being bland, just throwin' that out there) literally kills me. I'm typing this from the graaaaave, oooOOOOOooooo!

But I'm interested in what could be done gameplay-wise from a reconnaisence position, providing intel and distraction for the rest of your team rather than just point-clicking anything that moves until it stops moving, occasionally holding W through set pieces. And while the gameplay will likely follow a "Press button to mark enemy, wait for sniper to take them out" format, eh. I like a little simplicity between my RPGs and 'complex' shooters.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Play as the dog, eh?

Day one purchase if they actually map 'lick your own crotch' to a button.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
"Dog! fetch Ramirez that RPG so he can take out that chopper, stay frosty"

Yeah.. No.. Fuck the CoD series

Goro

Oct 15, 2009
Country
Australia
10 years ago this concept would have been awesome, there would've been all sorts of goofy crap you could get away with. Now it's going to be a series of railroaded extended cut-scenes that don't let you have any fun.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Oh yeah, real original guys! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog%27s_Life]

Faith Meade said:
Hey, Infinity Ward, I don't know a whole lot of dogs that play video games. I DO however, know a lot of WOMEN that play video games. Sure would be nice if you had a FEMALE avatar, but no. I guess getting to play as a dog was more important.
Yeah, okay, this is also something that needs to be brought up a few more times.

A lot of militaries in the civilized world have gotten past the whole "No women in warzones because our boners get confused" idea, and the US itself passed that legislation riiight around the time this game would have gone into development. So what the fuck, Activision?

Are we really going to pretend that any substantial majority of players won't buy this game because it has a female player character? It's Call of Duty, most people buy Call of Duty games because they're Call of Duty games, and we want more Call of Duty (Because the other alternative is buying EA's yearly Call of Duty clones, and those are always terrible).

It's not like you can't have the main protagonist be a dudebro, Call of Duty has always had multiple point of view characters - that's the whole point! And don't do it the cheapskate way EA did it with Battlefield 3, where the female PoV character has no voice, is never seen on-screen, and isn't allowed to hold a gun. That was bullshit.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
With this development, I guess the next installment will be called "Call of Duty: woof woof bark lol you're a dog"

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Whats so special about that? The point of view will be lower, you'll be faster and will have no gun for a few moments.

I don't see how this gives me a super special unique gameplay in "CoD: Shoot more brown guys".

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
What if they do a flip and every human on the team dies instead and only the dog lives and takes revenge on everyone.

(See what I did there? A flip? Ok I'll go stand in a corner now...)

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
yamy said:
What if they do a flip and every human on the team dies instead and only the dog lives and takes revenge on everyone.
I'd honestly play the hell out of that.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
I'll never understand the love for dogs. Adding a dog is obviously just a cheap marketing gimmick, and yet it will sell millions more copies. Especially since no one is even going to bother playing the singleplayer!
Also; the dog is still going to die.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
does this mean we get to play as

*puts on sunglasses*

a Terrierist

YEAAAHHHHHHHH!

Sorry i couldnt resist

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Saucycarpdog said:
My name is SaucyCarpDog. I've got nothing to lose!

OT: From the information I'm reading, this call of duty will actually be different: Russians are NOT the enemy. Now I want this game.
That's because dogs don't have a bone to pick with the Russians.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Well, COD does innovate, just within itself. Despite what people may think, there are changes made between CODs. Those changes just dont benefit the whole of gaming like people typically think "innovation" would do...

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I'm kinda skeptical about the whole dog thing. Are we really getting a playable dog? Or are we getting QTExtravaganza through the eyes of a dog?

Cause last time they gave us nano climbing gloves and rocket jetpacks and... yeah. A lot of playability that was.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Clearly this marks a new turning point in the series!

Because they have proven how f**king awesome their dogs are!
yeah
thank fuck they decided to do it in this game and not in, say, CoD2 when russia used bomb dogs

Omnicrom

Jun 26, 2012
WanderingFool said:
Blunderboy said:
Well, COD does innovate, just within itself. Despite what people may think, there are changes made between CODs. Those changes just dont benefit the whole of gaming like people typically think "innovation" would do...
I would say that what CoD does is continually polish itself. It introduces new single-player gimmicks and has cleaner, sleaker, more streamlined gameplay, graphics, and levels. It doesn't really overhaul itself or really become very different from what it used to be, it just does it always did but more gracefully.

As for the dog I have no doubt it will be the best characterized character in the single-player campaign by default.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
SwimmingRock said:
Sweet. Now I just need to wait for someone to adapt that engine to a pure dog simulator. I wanna play as a Welsh Corgi and just be adorable. Oh, and perform a "vicous lunge for the throat" if the AI pretends to throw a ball, but doesn't really throw it.
So basically Dog's Life, but hardcore?

You should be able to be captured randomly and put into a dogfighting ring. Show that grim doggy underworld.