Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC Minimum System Requirements Announced

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC Minimum System Requirements Announced

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1358/1358498.jpgActivision has rolled out the minimum system requirements for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

It's just about a week until Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is released, and Activision has announced just how much PC you'll need to run the game. Thanks to the game's Steam listing [http://store.steampowered.com/app/292730/], we now know the minimum requirements for the upcoming shooter.

Of course, the recommended requirements are still under wraps, but at least you'll know if you have enough horsepower to start the game up.

Minimum Requirements

Processor: Intel Core i3-3225 @ 3.30GHz or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
HDD: 70 GB available space

Of particular interest is the required hard drive space. While the requirements above list 70 GB as the minimum, we learned two weeks ago [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168587-Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-130-GB-HDD-Space] that if you include the Call of Duty 4 remaster, the day one patches for both games, and the multiplayer maps planned for the rest of the year, it's estimated at a whopping 130 GB.

As to the recommended requirements, we'll just have to wait and see what they turn out to be. It's worth noting that the Steam page for Call of Duty: Black Ops III still hasn't listed its recommended requirements, so we might never see them for Infinite Warfare either.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
"it's estimated at a whopping 130 GB."

And from a PC gamer's perspective. This is why I hate games being Digital Distribution only.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I imagine that once you remove the uncompressed audio for every language under the sun from the install filed the whole thing will be under 40GB for both games. Even with a decade of increases in texture resolution I find it hard to believe than CoD 4 has gone from 8GB to pushing 50GB.

Also, it's a Quake Engine game it'll run on an overclocked toaster, it'll also have the polling rate bug, because it ALWAYS has the polling rate bug every flipping year.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Can't imagine there's a whole lot of PC users who'll be rushing out to buy this after how the last few releases have gone down.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Battenberg said:
Can't imagine there's a whole lot of PC users who'll be rushing out to buy this after how the last few releases have gone down.
Was there something wrong with them at release? I remember advanced warfare being good at release, well one map had a weird memory bug but other than that it was a smooth.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Worgen said:
Battenberg said:
Was there something wrong with them at release? I remember advanced warfare being good at release, well one map had a weird memory bug but other than that it was a smooth.
Have a look at the Steam reviews for the last 3 games, they're all "mixed" at around 50% positive. There were varying degrees of technical issues plus Activision has made something of a habit of incredibly crappy PC ports in other franchises (for example the horrible botch job they did releasing the 10 year old Ultimate Alliance games). Plus there's the fact PC gamers have CS:GO and that REALLY dominates the multiplayer FPS genre and costs about 1/4 as much.

It's not like it's a franchise I was ever huge on but even if I had previously been buying these games at launch seeing my platform of choice get treated so poorly so consistently by Activision would push me into getting my shooter fix elsewhere. Who knows though, I'm constantly overestimating that particular audience's capacity to learn from a publisher's previous mistakes and hold off on pre-ordering/ buying blind at launch so maybe it'll sell a ton anyway.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Battenberg said:
Worgen said:
Battenberg said:
Have a look at the Steam reviews for the last 3 games, they're all "mixed" at around 50% positive. There were varying degrees of technical issues plus Activision has made something of a habit of incredibly crappy PC ports in other franchises (for example the horrible botch job they did releasing the 10 year old Ultimate Alliance games). Plus there's the fact PC gamers have CS:GO and that REALLY dominates the multiplayer FPS genre and costs about 1/4 as much.

It's not like it's a franchise I was ever huge on but even if I had previously been buying these games at launch seeing my platform of choice get treated so poorly so consistently by Activision would push me into getting my shooter fix elsewhere. Who knows though, I'm constantly overestimating that particular audience's capacity to learn from a publisher's previous mistakes and hold off on pre-ordering/ buying blind at launch so maybe it'll sell a ton anyway.
Ehh, you can't really judge cod games by user reviews since it will get some negative reviews just for existing, some are from people who had technical issues which happen with anygame, and others are down voting it for not being perfect. Really I can't think of a shoddy pc one recently. The last one I can think of without an fov slider was the first blops, since then they tend to give pc gamers what they want for options.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
Also, it's a Quake Engine game it'll run on an overclocked toaster, it'll also have the polling rate bug, because it ALWAYS has the polling rate bug every flipping year.
Is it? I was under the impression that they dropped mish-mash zombie husk of iDtech 3 called IW Engine with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. I read that it was a completely new engine developed in house, and I would assume Infinite Warfare would be using that.
I was just amazed at how far they pushed the Quake 3 Arena engine though, and I know they said they re-wrote every part of it... but c'mon... Black Ops I can still see some Quake 3 in you.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Worgen said:
Battenberg said:
Infinity Ward games aren't the best on PC, not holding out hope that this one will be much different.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Vern said:
fix-the-spade said:
Is it? I was under the impression that they dropped mish-mash zombie husk of iDtech 3 called IW Engine with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. I read that it was a completely new engine developed in house, and I would assume Infinite Warfare would be using that.
The answer to that is that Activision lies.

The give away every year is the infamous polling rate bug. The Quake 3 engine was designed at a time before high refresh rate optical and laser mice were widely available, when confronted with a mouse with a high refresh rate it responds inconsistently to inputs or generates ghost inputs all by itself. Every PC release of Call of Duty has this bug, no exceptions.

The other give away is the specific mentions of Id Tech and the Quake Engine's copyright holders in the source code.

Both Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 use versions of the Id Tech 3 based IW engine. Although I admit calling them Quake Engine games is mostly people (me included) being flippant, there is a lot of stuff piled on top now but the starting point is the same as it was for the original Call of Duty.

It will probably stay that way until hardware or Operating systems change to the point of rendering Id Tech 3 completely unusable, which could take years if it even happens.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Worgen said:
Battenberg said:
Infinity Ward games aren't the best on PC, not holding out hope that this one will be much different.
I recall ghost launching fine. The multi just felt weirdly off, like battlefield without the good of battlefield. Although oddly enough, while the story was the worst cod has done, it did have some of my favorite set piece battles.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Worgen said:
Hazy992 said:
Worgen said:
Battenberg said:
I recall ghost launching fine. The multi just felt weirdly off, like battlefield without the good of battlefield. Although oddly enough, while the story was the worst cod has done, it did have some of my favorite set piece battles.
From what I can remember Ghosts was badly optimised and had crappy, low res textures and things like that, as well as FOV issues. I don't think MW3 was much better, and MW2 was infamous for that whole boycott campaign.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hazy992 said:
Worgen said:
Hazy992 said:
Worgen said:
Battenberg said:
From what I can remember Ghosts was badly optimised and had crappy, low res textures and things like that, as well as FOV issues. I don't think MW3 was much better, and MW2 was infamous for that whole boycott campaign.
I don't remember any of that. I know totalbiscuit bitched about texture res when the game took up a lot of hd space and made a point of looking for every bad texture he could find, but I don't remember noticing that at all when I was playing.

I do remember the MW2 boycott, mostly for this image.