Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Zombie Mode Stars David Hasselhoff as the DJ in an 80s Theme Park

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Zombie Mode Stars David Hasselhoff as the DJ in an 80s Theme Park

The Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will take players back to 80s, and stars David Hasselhoff and Paul Reubens.

The Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is titled Zombies in Spaceland. If that's sounds a little goofy, that's because it is.

Set in a space-themed theme park in the 1980s, Zombies in Spaceland stars some familiar names, including David Hasselhoff and Paul Reubens.

The characters will look familiar to anyone who remembers the 80s. There's a Jock, a nerd, a valley girl, and a rapper. The voice cast is recognizable as well, including Seth Green, Ike Barinholtz, Jay Pharoah, and Sasheer Zamata. Those four will be trying to navigate the zombie-filled theme park as part of a movie being made by Reubens, and with accompaniment from a mysterious DJ, who looks and sounds like Hasselhoff.

Pre-ordering any version of the game will get you a "Zombies in Spaceland Pack" containing some digital goodies: a unique zombies weapon camo, zombies weapon reticle, animated zombies calling card and Fate & Fortune card pack. You'll also get a reimagined version of the Terminal mulitplayer map.

You can learn more about the new Zombies mode and see it in action during a special stream on the game's official site [https://www.twitch.tv/callofduty].

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on November 4.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I was actually kinda hoping they would build on the alien thing from Ghost. It was pretty cool and they could have incorporated the space flight mechanics into it.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Just make a separate Zombies game and leave me alone. I miss being able to get all the achievements, but now there are always a million Zombie mode ones, and that mode bores me to death. *canned laughter*

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
They had better include a soundtrack that compliments the decade perfectly, if it turns out that it plays musicless, that will be an opportunity sorely missed and i would have no choice but to physically and mentally torture whatever fucktard thought they could skimp on that area. It's not like they're short of money and connections now, is it? Be it too hopeful to ask for 80's metal too?

They should probably also release this mode seperate as like a $20 digital game. The money to be made from people who don't like the campaigns and don't want to shell out full price for only a chunk is all there...waiting.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Honestly, it looks like gameplay wise like an exact copy of Exo-Zombies from Advanced Warfare minus the exo-suits (and Exo-Zombies was pretty similar to the actual CoD Zombies by Treyarch, but at least had a few mechanical changes and was Sledgehammers first Coop mode so going for a safer bet with Zombies was not the worst idea).
Which just shows that IW is trying to immitate the good parts of other CoDs because theirs are otherwise just complete flops. It was kind of like that with Ghosts, where they made a seperate Coop with a story and tried to one-up Treyarch with their story but rushed through it with four maps instead of fourteen Treyarch had by that point. (Again, Sledgehammer did it also better by just trying to tell a 4-part-story and not trying anything shockvalue-like near the end, just a good bossfight)

So, yeah, it kind of looks like desperation than anything from Infinity Wards by this point.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Saelune said:
Just make a separate Zombies game and leave me alone. I miss being able to get all the achievements, but now there are always a million Zombie mode ones, and that mode bores me to death. *canned laughter*
Worse is the fact that the latest game, Black Ops III, required that you had all four players in order to complete the Easter Egg and get the trophy. Like you, I enjoy getting all the trophies for the Call of Duty games, but when I found out that I needed to track down two other players (it's just my friend and I) I instantly lost interest in playing the zombie mode.
Which is a shame, because I do like Treyarch's story that they've been building for this.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
Saelune said:
Worse is the fact that the latest game, Black Ops III, required that you had all four players in order to complete the Easter Egg and get the trophy. Like you, I enjoy getting all the trophies for the Call of Duty games, but when I found out that I needed to track down two other players (it's just my friend and I) I instantly lost interest in playing the zombie mode.
Which is a shame, because I do like Treyarch's story that they've been building for this.
I actually had friends and we were playing through Zombie mode trying to do everything. Certainly atleast bearable for me with friends...but 2 of them are a pain to get to play co-op with on ANYTHING, and the 3rd guy has been playing that DLC one which I don't have with another friend, so it kind of died.

Horde modes bore me.

I wish I could say I just wont get the game but...I love the main games, and my friends will make me get it anyways.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Sniper Team 4 said:
Saelune said:
In the latest? Have you ever bothered with most of the OTHER Zombie maps by Treyarch before with a mayor Easter Egg?

Ascention (Black Ops 1, DLC 1)
requires four players to finish due one step being "press four buttons at four parts of the maps near simultaniously" (only one not to have an achievement)

Call of the Dead (Black Ops 1, DLC 2)
requires two players to finish as one objective is "free a bottle of vodca and catch it mid-fall" (this map does have a solo-version of the Easter Egg that skips some of the steps, but it unlocks a seperate achievement - the coop version unlocks both)

Shangri-La (Black Ops 1, DLC 3)
requires four players as one step is "in the past, have four players stand on four plates spread across the map at the same time"

Moon (Black Ops 1, DLC 4)
requires two players to do the second half of the easter egg as the thing DISABLES ITSELF when played solo and one character has to be Richtofen (Player 2 defaults to him)

Green Run (Black Ops 2, Base Game)
requires two players for Maxis Path, as two street light teleporters need to be enabled at the same time with the turbine, but one player can only place one at a time.
Requires four players for Richtofens Path, as four parts of the map need to have an EMP thrown at them within a short timeframe

Die Rise (Black Ops 2, DLC 1)
Requires four players for Maxis Path, as four players need to stay on four different symbols at the same time at one point.
Requires four players for Richtofens Path, as four players need to place the Tramplesteam at four OTHER symbols in the map and one player can only ever place one.

Mob of the Dead (Black Ops 2, DLC 2)
Requires two players as the last step of the Easter Egg is disabled otherwise. One of these people must be Weasel and the character is asigned at random (meaning it's possible to have three people and still not be able to do it as nobody is Weasel)

Buried (Black Ops 2, DLC 3)
Requires four players for Maxis Path, as one step requires ringing several bells in the map in a random order within a short timeframe and the only location to figure that out is a board with lamps at a fourth location.
Requires foru players for Richtofens Path, as one step requires all four players to get around a guillutine and travel into the future (called "Round infinity")

So, how is Black Ops 3 Base game "Shadows of Evil" any different? Especially when the part of the Easter Egg that triggers the achievement (doing the five rituals, which is THE FIRST STEP of the whole thing!) can be done even in solo?
And every other Easter Egg can be done solo from then on so far, and so can the Origin Easter Egg in Black Ops 2 (and the Nuketown Zombies Easter Egg, but that has no achievement and is just 'survive until Round 25')

Maybe you shouldn't complain about things you don't know something about and not spread false information as well?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Bindal said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Saelune said:
In the latest? Have you ever bothered with most of the OTHER Zombie maps by Treyarch before with a mayor Easter Egg?

Ascention (Black Ops 1, DLC 1)
requires four players to finish due one step being "press four buttons at four parts of the maps near simultaniously" (only one not to have an achievement)

Call of the Dead (Black Ops 1, DLC 2)
requires two players to finish as one objective is "free a bottle of vodca and catch it mid-fall" (this map does have a solo-version of the Easter Egg that skips some of the steps, but it unlocks a seperate achievement - the coop version unlocks both)

Shangri-La (Black Ops 1, DLC 3)
requires four players as one step is "in the past, have four players stand on four plates spread across the map at the same time"

Moon (Black Ops 1, DLC 4)
requires two players to do the second half of the easter egg as the thing DISABLES ITSELF when played solo and one character has to be Richtofen (Player 2 defaults to him)

Green Run (Black Ops 2, Base Game)
requires two players for Maxis Path, as two street light teleporters need to be enabled at the same time with the turbine, but one player can only place one at a time.
Requires four players for Richtofens Path, as four parts of the map need to have an EMP thrown at them within a short timeframe

Die Rise (Black Ops 2, DLC 1)
Requires four players for Maxis Path, as four players need to stay on four different symbols at the same time at one point.
Requires four players for Richtofens Path, as four players need to place the Tramplesteam at four OTHER symbols in the map and one player can only ever place one.

Mob of the Dead (Black Ops 2, DLC 2)
Requires two players as the last step of the Easter Egg is disabled otherwise. One of these people must be Weasel and the character is asigned at random (meaning it's possible to have three people and still not be able to do it as nobody is Weasel)

Buried (Black Ops 2, DLC 3)
Requires four players for Maxis Path, as one step requires ringing several bells in the map in a random order within a short timeframe and the only location to figure that out is a board with lamps at a fourth location.
Requires foru players for Richtofens Path, as one step requires all four players to get around a guillutine and travel into the future (called "Round infinity")

So, how is Black Ops 3 Base game "Shadows of Evil" any different? Especially when the part of the Easter Egg that triggers the achievement (doing the five rituals, which is THE FIRST STEP of the whole thing!) can be done even in solo?
And every other Easter Egg can be done solo from then on so far, and so can the Origin Easter Egg in Black Ops 2 (and the Nuketown Zombies Easter Egg, but that has no achievement and is just 'survive until Round 25')

Maybe you shouldn't complain about things you don't know something about and not spread false information as well?
Right, sorry. I forgot that Black Ops III had DLC out. My bad. When I said 'latest' I meant the original zombie mode in Black Ops III. The one where you play as the new characters. The reason it bugged me was because I had hoped that, with Origin being the last map that I played and completed the Easter Egg on, you only needed two people. And as you pointed out, a lot of the other maps could be done with only two people. It was a chore doing Shangri-La because, at the time, there were only three of us. The fourth person (who worked with us but wasn't really our friend or even a gamer) we had to basically plead with to help us do it. When we finally finished it, none of us wanted to play that map again because getting four people online at the same time, on the same page, all willing to do the Easter Egg was just too much trouble. We had hoped that, with Moon only needing two people, that Treyarch would ease up. That seemed to be the case with the next map, since you only needed two people.
But only one of my friends got Black Ops II, and we didn't really care for the new characters. It wasn't until Origins that we started again, and again, in only needed two people.

So yeah, we were kind of hoping since the last map we played on didn't require a full team that we could do it in Black Ops III as well. But when the game came out and we found out that nope, you need all four players, the two of us just gave up on the mode right there. Doing the Easter Egg was the main driving force in zombies for me, but every time I see that I need four people all willing to sink that much time into it, it just kills it for me.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
What ever happened to the plan of "IW does Spec Ops, Treyarch does Zombies, Sledgehammer does I dunno something else"? I fucking LOVED Spec Ops, both the challenge mode in MW2 and the wave survival in MW3. On the other hand, I can't stand Zombies. It's fucking boring. Bring back Spec Ops.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
xitel said:
What ever happened to the plan of "IW does Spec Ops, Treyarch does Zombies, Sledgehammer does I dunno something else"? I fucking LOVED Spec Ops, both the challenge mode in MW2 and the wave survival in MW3. On the other hand, I can't stand Zombies. It's fucking boring. Bring back Spec Ops.
I suspect that IW saw that a 4-player-coop like Zombies is way more successful than their SpecOps, so they first tried to roughly copy it (with Extinction) and now try to copy it hard with their Zombies.
Sledgehammer, I think, just hasn't had any time to come with their own thing (Dinosaurs? Aliens, now that IW gave up on it? Robots?), which is why they decided to make a more safer approach with their first 4-player-coop.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Okay, okay. I gotta admit... This looks pretty fantastic.

Not really "PRE-ORDER NOW!" fantastic, but fantastic enough to further pique my interest in Infinite Warfare.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
You know what? I might actually think about getting this. It's so stupid it looks hilarious. My hatred of the old games largely stemmed from the pretty blatantly torrid attitudes towards wars that the rest of the world would rather forget about and the tedious gameplay. It's very obvious by this point that Infinity Ward don't actually care about realism anymore and just want to make an OTT sci-fi game. All the more power to them for that.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, it should go over well in Germany. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
FalloutJack said:
Well, it should go over well in Germany.
Considering that every CoD from Blops 2 onwards is completely uncut here (including CoD Zombies and Exo-Zombies), it will.
The whole Hasselhoff thing... we aren't in the early 1990's anymore, most people don't care about him anymore (which makes the whole idea of the map being set in the late 80's rather fitting in some way)

Stemer

Nov 22, 2011
ffronw said:
The voice cast is recognizable as well, including Seth Green, Ike Barinholtz, Jay Pharoah, and Sasheer Zamata.
Who?
Aside from Seth Green I have no idea who any of these people are

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Stemer said:
ffronw said:
The voice cast is recognizable as well, including Seth Green, Ike Barinholtz, Jay Pharoah, and Sasheer Zamata.
Who?
Aside from Seth Green I have no idea who any of these people are
Ike Barinholtz was in Neighbors and Suicide Squad. Jay Pharoah and Sasheer Zamata were both on Saturday Night Live.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Is this the definition of 'trying too hard'?
Also, zombies used to be kinda interesting in World at War (Which jesus fuck that's old now), and Black Ops but just kept on sliding after that...