Call of Duty map survey - Please Help

HappyPillz

Apr 15, 2009
I'm just trying to dig up some information to help me see just what exactly makes a good Call of Duty map. So I ask you, including all maps from Modern Warfare 1,2,3, World At War, and Black Ops, what are your 3 favorite? I'll make a list of all the maps below.

Please Choose 3:

Modern Warfare - Shipment, Crash, Overgrown, Crossfire, Strike, Vacant, Ambush, Backlot, Bloc, Bog, Broadcast, Chinatown, Countdown, Creek, District, Downpour, Killhouse, Pipeline, Showdown, Wet Works.

World At War - Airfield, Asylum, Castle, Cliffside, Courtyard, Dome, Downfall, Hangar, Makin, Outskirts, Roundhouse, Seelow, Upheaval, Knee Deep, Nightfire, Station, Banzai, Corrosion, Sub Pens, Battery, Breach, Revolution.

Modern Warfare 2 - Afghan, Bailout, Carnival, Derail, Estate, Favela, Fuel, Highrise, Invasion, Karachi, Quarry, Rundown, Rust, Salvage, Scrapyard, Storm, Sub Base, Terminal, Underpass, Wasteland.

Black Ops - Array, Cracked, Crisis, Firing range, Grid, Hanoi, Havana, Jungle, Launch, Nuketown, Radiation, Summit, Villa, WMD, Berlin Wall, Discovery, Kowloon, Stadium, Convoy, Hotel, Stockpile, Zoo, Drive-In, Hangar 18, Hazard, Silo.

Modern Warfare 3 - Seatown, Dome, Arkaden, Bakaara, Resistance, Downturn, Bootleg, Carbon, Hardhat, Lockdown, Village, Fallen, Outpost, Interchange, Underground, Mission.

EDIT: My three are Terminal, Afghan, and Firing Range.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I've just been sitting here with the window open hoping you'd get bites because I'm curious but now it just seems depressing so I'll go ahead and chime in (though I guarantee I'm going to skew these results)

My favorite maps are:

Cliffside/Hazard (WW & BO)
Berlin Wall (BO)
Crash (MW)

I love sniping and playing Search and Destroy (hence me skewing your results) so that explains the first two. Crash was always a well balanced S&D map and I found my own hidey holes for sniping.

I really don't have a favorite MW3 map just because it hasn't been out for very long. However, I don't have a map in MW3 that I hate. All of the maps have multiple routes, which makes me a happy S&D player. However, there are no sniping maps, which makes me a little sad...

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Shipment, Crash, and Favela.

My honorable mentions would probably be Underground, Seatown, or Dome.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Carnival, High Rise, Vacant.
I like maps that have a good mix of close combat and open areas and a ton of routes to get from one place to another. I also like maps with some visual flair/color. I really hate maps that are like one or two color green/brown, white/gray, etc.
I think this is why I hate the MW3 maps, they are all medium quarters combat, and the paths are pretty set, there is nothing like climbing up and over stuff for shortcuts or taking odd routes, most of the map are giant ring on the periphery and a small cross roads in the middle. Seriously think about it the next time you're playing MW3, imagine the giant outer ring people run around and then funneling into the middle which is a cross roads and the lack of any real short cuts.

HappyPillz

Apr 15, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
I've just been sitting here with the window open hoping you'd get bites because I'm curious but now it just seems depressing so I'll go ahead and chime in (though I guarantee I'm going to skew these results)

My favorite maps are:

Cliffside/Hazard (WW & BO)
Berlin Wall (BO)
Crash (MW)

I love sniping and playing Search and Destroy (hence me skewing your results) so that explains the first two. Crash was always a well balanced S&D map and I found my own hidey holes for sniping.

I really don't have a favorite MW3 map just because it hasn't been out for very long. However, I don't have a map in MW3 that I hate. All of the maps have multiple routes, which makes me a happy S&D player. However, there are no sniping maps, which makes me a little sad...
I know! How hard is it to write down three words? I've had 80 views, but only three people have actually written anything. I'm surprised by how hard this is failing.

Thanks for contributing!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Afghan and Highrise from MW2 and Firing Range from Black Ops.

There are great maps because they cater to every play style, and allow you to change playstyles easily based on your mood. On any of these maps I could just as easily rush with a shotgun as I could take up a vantage point and snipe. The maps allowed for all types of play to be effective, and this maximized the variety and challenges that the maps presented.

Certain most maps are only good for one or two areas of play, but maps that are balanced for all ranges and combat scenarios are the ones that are the best.

That's kind of why I'm disappointed with a lot of the maps in MW3, most of them cater only to the use of SMGs and Assault rifles, and not much else.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Bog
Wasteland
Interchange

I have no idea why, but I like level maps that don't have shit for cover.

KaiKai753

Oct 11, 2010
Overgrown, Vacant, and Crossfire.

With super honorable mention to Back Lot and less honorable mention to Creek and China Town.

Why yes, I was a promod junkie.

*edit: Suppose Terminal and Estate should also get a mention.

rastlin1985

Sep 16, 2009
Despite having played all of them online, i'm really struggling to remember much about any of the MW1 or WaW maps, and i don't think i've played enough of MW3 yet to get a real idea.

So i'll go for:

Terminal
Favela
Firing Range

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Overgrown, Bloc and Strike were the three I played the most in CoD4. The R700 served me well. Didn't play any CoD later than that.

MrTwo

Aug 9, 2011
Haven't played enough MW3 to even know the maps really, but mine so far would be:

Firing Range (BO)
Favela (MW2)
Nuketown (BO)

Nuketown was bloody annoying with all the spawn kills, but it could be heaps of fun sometimes.