Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: What do you want to see added to it?

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
I'm talking about perks, weapons, gameplay, etc.

The game is supposedly coming out in Fall this year and I'd like to see what people want in it.

I'd like to see 2 things:

1) A hi-cap magazine perk. Lets you have a bigger clip size for any gun.

2) The ability to sacrafice perk 1 for two attachments on your gun (excluding grenade launcher, of course).

Fightbulb

May 14, 2008
I'd like to see character customization (I'm a sucker for customizing stuff), a slightly larger selection of guns (especially shotguns), and I'll be the first to say that I'd love to see Martyrdom fuck off and die go. Oh, and maybe a perk/levelling system that lets you specialize in a certain weapon type, maybe by distributing points or something?

Celd

Nov 24, 2008
I would love to see then get rid of the grenade launcher and juggernaut perks for a increased clip (like the OP said) and maybe a barrel to increase range on guns.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I would like to see a larger selection of shotguns, no grenade laucher, and I also like the idea for higher capacity mags.

J-Man

Nov 2, 2008
Fightbulb said:
I'd love to see Martyrdom fuck off and die go.
Thank you.

I'd like to see the removal of all perks, no more of this silly let-everybody-pick-from-the-same-weapon-pool thing, and visual customisation. For me, Call of Duty 2 has been the best in the series, because the multiplayer came down to skill, rather than simply having good perks and weapons. All the ranking system does is create a gulf between newbies and veterans, resulting in resentment.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
J-Man said:
Fightbulb said:
Thank you.

I'd like to see the removal of all perks, no more of this silly let-everybody-pick-from-the-same-weapon-pool thing, and visual customisation. For me, Call of Duty 2 has been the best in the series, because the multiplayer came down to skill, rather than simply having good perks and weapons. All the ranking system does is create a gulf between newbies and veterans, resulting in resentment.
Not agreed. It vreates incitament to keep playing, and it provides the player with a challenge. Perks gives edges, but not edges that lets you steamroller people who have different perks. It is still very much about skill.

Jakeyyyy

Jan 2, 2009
nahh i think the vehicles have got to go, they're just kill streak breakers.
Secondly, I'd love to see a better pistol that isn't a high-recoil/high-power magnum/desert eagle.
Finally i think weapon attachments should be allowed to be interchanged with perks. Any day.

J-Man

Nov 2, 2008
I'm sorry, but who's going to win; The unskilled guy with martyrdom, a flamethrower, a magnum, and the PTRS.

or...

The semi-skilled guy with a thompson and the basic starting perks?

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
I'd like to see the "Search Button" perk added.
When equipped, the player looks to see if the same action they are about to do has already been done.

No, but seriously, I'm just messing with you. I would like to see IW actually create some weapons of their own, and just roll with it. I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of using "generic automatic rifle 1" and have to switch to "generic shotgun 2". The gameplay, and story, and everything else was great in COD 4, but please, come up with some original weapons.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
Get rid of Last Stand. Why can a guy falling to the ground bleeding to death one shot you when you riddle him with bullets.
Oh and the pistol has no drop off so they can shoot you from a mile away in CoD:WaW's bigger maps.
Just get rid of it please. Or town it down.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I want it to be...good?

I won't touch the multiplayer with a 100 foot pole, so I'm hoping for a single player campaign as awesome and intense as it was last time.

SuperPartyRobot

Jan 21, 2009
Character customization (since your pretty much play as a faceless nobody anyways) and a decent cover system with blind firing would make things interesting.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
fullmetalangel said:
I dunno about perks but I'd like it if they had a more realistic reloading system, but I guess the topping-off system is a "tradition" or something...

edit: Is CoD MW2 even confirmed? Last time I heard it was supposedly just a rumor >_>
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed. They had to be working on something while Treyarch took on WaW.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Take away "the modern warfare 2" part, set it in the wild west. Add aleins and bigfoot as playable characters...Oh, and have the fatman from fallout 3!

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
J-Man said:
I'm sorry, but who's going to win; The unskilled guy with martyrdom, a flamethrower, a magnum, and the PTRS.

or...

The semi-skilled guy with a thompson and the basic starting perks?
The semi-skilled guy. Really.

Juzari

Jan 1, 2008
Longshot said:
J-Man said:
Fightbulb said:
Thank you.

Not agreed. It vreates incitament to keep playing, and it provides the player with a challenge. Perks gives edges, but not edges that lets you steamroller people who have different perks. It is still very much about skill.
the same, even when I was rank 40, was most of my classes still using Stopping Power and Deep Impact

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
J-Man said:
Fightbulb said:
Thank you.

Well then that would get rid of the creativity, and It's great to have that in games now. Our generations imagination is dieing so I would never get rid of customization. If you basic go out and kill with the weapons you have, go play left for dead =p

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
J-Man said:
All the ranking system does is create a gulf between newbies and veterans, resulting in resentment.
Yes, because it's impossible to create a good class with something like the AK-47, Stopping Power, and Steady Aim, or Deep Impact, or anything like that. And the fact that the best sniper rifle is unlocked at level 3 certainly doesn't help things at all.

Sarcasm aside, most if not all of the best stuff is unlocked pretty early on, if not by default.

As for what I want in MW2, I'd like Martyrdom to be nerfed or removed, and I'd like the R700 to be less pussified. It's got terrible sway and takes a really long time to steady compared to the other sniper rifles, and, above all that, has very little ammo.

Also, in response to Assists: I think that if two people collaborated in killing someone, the person who did the most damage should get the "kill," I'm sick of getting someone down to last stand only to see "+2" as one of my teammates ninja around and shoot him and get the most benefit after I do all the hard work.

In Team Deathmatch, make the spawn points actually work better than "okay here's a free one go get yourself killed." Make one team always spawn on one half of the map, and the other team on the other half of the map. This should stop a whole bunch of ten-year-olds bitching about "WAHH I CAN'T SPAWN THE BIG SCARY MAN ALWAYS KILLS ME."

Interchangable body-armour and helmets and stuff would be cool too, if only for looks. Also, make the Red Tiger camouflage a solid black-and-red, and not "oh we're going to put some translucent red stripes on your favourite weapon and if it happens to be green or something then well I guess you shouldn't have wasted so much time getting headshots."

Although this is all getting a bit nit-picky, in no way is CoD4:MW a bad game at all.