Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: What do you want to see added to it?

clarinetJWD

Jul 9, 2008
Ooh! I know! Fun.

The first one tried so hard for realism, it forgot it was a game, and so much of it was just not fun. If it wasn't for the excellent story, I most certainly would have stopped playing long before the end.

Jul 9, 2008
Connor Lonske said:
1: Larger maps
2: Cars/Tanks
3: "Javalin" and "Stinger" perks(1 is fine)
4: Better "RPG"

Is that too much?
Definitely forget number 2, the tanks ruined W@W (although they could work as a kill streak reward). Besides that, I agree.

I disagree with the people saying a cover system. The current system works fine, ripping of GeOW or RB6:V won't make it better.

EXPLICITasian

Dec 14, 2008
Well mo' guns of course, especially pistols (which should ahve its own challenges).

Heat vision? .... The ability to choose your character's skins

And why does everyone not like the nade launcher? I get half my kills with it (or is the the reason?) it only explodes if it's basically right on the person and it's a 1 shot weapon... whatever they're never taking that off anyway

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
The ability to drop banana peels and make others slip in a funny cartoon like manner.

Connor Lonske

Sep 30, 2008
orannis62 said:
Connor Lonske said:
1: Larger maps
2: Cars/Tanks
3: "Javalin" and "Stinger" perks(1 is fine)
4: Better "RPG"

Is that too much?
Definitely forget number 2, the tanks ruined W@W (although they could work as a kill streak reward). Besides that, I agree.

I disagree with the people saying a cover system. The current system works fine, ripping of GeOW or RB6:V won't make it better.
Well i never played W@W(COD5),so i would not know,and i have the "Javalin" and/or "Stinger" there to counter-act the very powerful tanks.

Also,to make you happy,

"2.5: Easy to use Tanks"

Tyrant55

Sep 3, 2008
I would love to see a zombie mode like in World at War. After all, everything is better with zombies. Unfortunately for me that will probably not happen with Infinity Ward.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
I'd like to see a perk to get a drum magazine. Like if you get to like the highest possible rank. Instead of gold Deagles you get a drum mag.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
CarrionRoc said:
I'd like to see a perk to get a drum magazine. Like if you get to like the highest possible rank. Instead of gold Deagles you get a drum mag.
That's what I meant with the hi-cap (High capacity) magazine perk. You'd get a drum mag or something to let you have more shots per clip.

kdragon1010

Jan 17, 2009
bluerahjah said:
I'd like to see the "Search Button" perk added.
When equipped, the player looks to see if the same action they are about to do has already been done.

No, but seriously, I'm just messing with you. I would like to see IW actually create some weapons of their own, and just roll with it. I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of using "generic automatic rifle 1" and have to switch to "generic shotgun 2". The gameplay, and story, and everything else was great in COD 4, but please, come up with some original weapons.
Uhh "generic automatic rifle 1" refers to typical weaponry used by Army's across the world today so if you WANT them to start hacking out the realism I don't think COD is the game you should be playing.

Apone said:
Get rid of Last Stand. Why can a guy falling to the ground bleeding to death one shot you when you riddle him with bullets.
Oh and the pistol has no drop off so they can shoot you from a mile away in CoD:WaW's bigger maps.
Just get rid of it please. Or town it down.
I don't know what you're talking about...I've played A LOT of COD4 and the pistol's have no impact on anyone past roughly 25 yards...which incidentally is about realistic of the accuracy limit of the pistols in that game, and if you don't like the perk try making sure someone is really dead before you run up on thier corpse or moving away from someone you just killed...always works for me.

Me I would not put in any of the gameplay scene's like the one where you're crawling out of the chopper after the nuke blast...sooooooooo boring

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
kdragon1010 said:
Apone said:
Get rid of Last Stand. Why can a guy falling to the ground bleeding to death one shot you when you riddle him with bullets.
Oh and the pistol has no drop off so they can shoot you from a mile away in CoD:WaW's bigger maps.
I don't know what you're talking about...I've played A LOT of COD4 and the pistol's have no impact on anyone past roughly 25 yards...which incidentally is about realistic of the accuracy limit of the pistols in that game, and if you don't like the perk try making sure someone is really dead before you run up on thier corpse or moving away from someone you just killed...always works for me.

Me I would not put in any of the gameplay scene's like the one where you're crawling out of the chopper after the nuke blast...sooooooooo boring
You haven't understood me here. in CoD:WaW I've been effectively sniped from across a field by a guy on last stand. I've riddled guys with bullets as they've died thinking this will stop the last stand happening as your doing the extra damage, but it doesn't. They get a little gap of time to fall to the ground where they can't die. And as soon as they are there they only have to pull the trigger once to kill you. Maybe your reloading, but sometimes I swear you unload half a clip into someone and the stupid system lets them shoot you anyway.

Don't get me wrong it's not every time. Hell I've shot a guy down then circle strafed his pistol shots and knifed him in rage (was my friend actually, he deserved it lol).

But eery now and then, it catches you out and they get a stupid kill when the bullets you've put into them should say different.

kdragon1010

Jan 17, 2009
Apone said:
kdragon1010 said:
Apone said:

You haven't understood me here. in CoD:WaW I've been effectively sniped from across a field by a guy on last stand. I've riddled guys with bullets as they've died thinking this will stop the last stand happening as your doing the extra damage, but it doesn't. They get a little gap of time to fall to the ground where they can't die. And as soon as they are there they only have to pull the trigger once to kill you. Maybe your reloading, but sometimes I swear you unload half a clip into someone and the stupid system lets them shoot you anyway.

Don't get me wrong it's not every time. Hell I've shot a guy down then circle strafed his pistol shots and knifed him in rage (was my friend actually, he deserved it lol).

But eery now and then, it catches you out and they get a stupid kill when the bullets you've put into them should say different.
I don't play WaW just MW. I still maintain that you know its there, you know how it works, its not like you couldn't use it yourself if you wanted, so to me it just seems like you're crying. If you wanted to suggest a way for them to make it more realistic (as the perk is supposed to simulate someone who is only wounded but not dead yet which incidentally happens a lot on an actual battlefield) suggest that they make it activate only randomly 50 percent of the time someone with the perk gets killed.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
fullmetalangel said:
I dunno about perks but I'd like it if they had a more realistic reloading system, but I guess the topping-off system is a "tradition" or something...

edit: Is CoD MW2 even confirmed? Last time I heard it was supposedly just a rumor >_>
There have been games that have realistic magazine systems. The original ghost recon for example gave all riflemen 11 magazines. If you somehow manage to survive long enough to fire off enough rounds (or reload based on long ingrained shooter instinct often enough) you'll start loading partial magazines into your weapon. Firearms, a mod for Half-Life had a similar system. Nothing was as annoying as playing as an M60 gunner only to find that, after surviving for a long period of time and fighting to a box of ammo that you have one full belt and a half dozen belts left with 10 or 20 rounds left on them.

Of course, when it comes to perks, nothing annoyed me more than last stand or martyrdom. Last stand was tolerable at least, but it did certainly force me to slow my play style when the game in general didn't seem to suit that. If I dropped a guy I'd have to make SURE I got the XP reward, or at least paid attention to how he fell, often diverting my attention for a few seconds. Rarely did I get killed (or get a kill or even see someone get a kill) because of last stand so I suppose it's acceptable given the simple fact that there are plenty of other perks that are more generally useful. Martyrdom though made me incredibly frustrated until I learned to pay attention to the sounds of the game. My first few games, even if I was lucky enough to get a kill almost inevitably I was killed by a martyrdom grenade.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I would love to see a great and immersive storyline along with fun gameplay, so I pretty much want it to be similar to the first one...

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
bluerahjah said:
I'd like to see the "Search Button" perk added.
When equipped, the player looks to see if the same action they are about to do has already been done.

No, but seriously, I'm just messing with you. I would like to see IW actually create some weapons of their own, and just roll with it. I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of using "generic automatic rifle 1" and have to switch to "generic shotgun 2". The gameplay, and story, and everything else was great in COD 4, but please, come up with some original weapons.
I don't think that's it's necessary to come up with fancy, fake weapons to be honest. There are plenty of exotic real life weapons out there. The P90 for example (famous thanks to counterstrike) uses a top loading magazine with rounds held perpendicular to the breech. It also uses a notable cross between rifle ammunition and pistol ammunition allowing for light body armor penetration with the stability, control and overall compact shape of a sub machine gun. The HK G11 uses a large capacity magazine utalizing caseless ammunition. The Pancor Jackhammer (seen in the fallout games) allowed for amazingly accurate automatic fire from a shotgun.

The problem is of course, that most of these weapons never made it into common usage with modern armies. Sometimes there are simply too complex or too limited in their overall utility. Sometimes they use odd ammunition types that don't effectively fit into the armory of an army (you want to keep your infantry munitions as common as possible in order to allow cross loading. Nothing is worse than having countless rounds left in an engagement only to find that they only work for a handful of weapons). Cost is often prohibitive. Sometimes the weapons do find their way into the armory but are reserved for specific units or tasks. The M95 is an excellent example - often erroneously referred to as a sniper rifle the weapon is actually an anti-material rifle. It's best use is using the high precision the weapon can achieve with a well trained marksman to disable and destroy enemy equipment. It's fully capable of disabling most of those fancy electronic gismos (armored or not) that make modern main battle tanks so deadly, disabling most any non armored military equipment in a single round and even works in a generalized anti-vehicle role.

If they want to have more exotic weapons there is no reason to come up with new ones - they already exist. The biggest key is of course, does the new weapon add anything to the game? In Modern Warfare, each weapon has it's own distinct style. The p90 lends itself well to running and gunning styles of play. The MP5 works well as a noob weapon thanks to it's ease of use and user friendly iron sights. The M16 has incredible stopping power thanks to the burst fire mode (a single burst kills anyone not using juggernaught). The M14 works as an excellent cross between sniper rifle and assault rifle (and was my chosen weapon much of the time). Without a notably different flavor, you'd be adding content without any real result on gameplay.
EXPLICITasian said:
Well mo' guns of course, especially pistols (which should ahve its own challenges).

Heat vision? .... The ability to choose your character's skins

And why does everyone not like the nade launcher? I get half my kills with it (or is the the reason?) it only explodes if it's basically right on the person and it's a 1 shot weapon... whatever they're never taking that off anyway
The grenade launcher keeps you from using the red dot sight is the biggest reason. Many of the weapons have terrible iron sights for the purposes of quickly lining up a shot (the MP5 and G3 are notable exceptions - I never bothered with sights and instead used silencers with those weapons).

Doomwaffle

Jan 15, 2009
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/9-ways-to-improve-cod-modern-warfare/a-20090114101841281049

Everything here. ESPECIALLY the new gamemodes. The oens they think of sound cool.
Also the partial magazine system mentioned earlier. That would add tactics and realism to the game.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Longshot said:
J-Man said:
Fightbulb said:
I'd love to see Martyrdom fuck off and die go.
Thank you.

I'd like to see the removal of all perks, no more of this silly let-everybody-pick-from-the-same-weapon-pool thing, and visual customisation. For me, Call of Duty 2 has been the best in the series, because the multiplayer came down to skill, rather than simply having good perks and weapons. All the ranking system does is create a gulf between newbies and veterans, resulting in resentment.
Not agreed. It vreates incitament to keep playing, and it provides the player with a challenge. Perks gives edges, but not edges that lets you steamroller people who have different perks. It is still very much about skill.
I'm with J-man here, I really disliked the perk system and the game felt very much that the players who had been playing longer had an advantage. The ingame perks like air strikes were also infuriating, especially on smaller maps. I think the first 2 call of duty games were far better in terms of multiplayer.

Personially, otherthen removing perks and leader bonuses, I'd like to see the regenerating health system abolished, yes I know every other fps since halo does it, but that doesn't make it good. I don't want to shoot someone only to have them duck under cover and pop up a second later on full health :|