Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
In my opinion it was nowhere near as fun as Arkham City or Uncharted 3.
But I still had a blast playing it.
Still no matter what's being said and how good or bad it actually is, people will always bash on it just because they can.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
What is everyone in here going on about? I didn't think this review sounded forced at all. From someone who is neutral on CoD, and is on the fence about buying this one, I think this was a very fair review that did a good job on showing what new features are available.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
Well it's not going to be terribly different than the last one and that can be good. If you really liked the last one then you'll be happy with an upgraded version. Personally I enjoyed Battlefield more.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I you like the first 2 you'll probably like this one. I got it for the singleplayer Michael Bayish story. The only reason I still have it is because my friends have it. If you don't have at least 6-9 friends to play with, it probably isn't going to be fun.

Bottom like for me as with most games:

If you like it, be quiet, play it and go on with your life.

If you don't like it, be quiet, don't play it and go on with your life.

Although this is a more toned down version of my methodology its served me well the past 2 decades.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I never owned a CoD game before so i was thinking of changing my policy about them if this looked good.

But it doesn't seem like too much has changed and Miracle of Sound's been mentioning god-awful lag so i doubt i'll give it my time of day.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
oh no! a game I hate got a high score!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaand life goes on

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Ive only played the mp at a mates house, but while its fun it does seem the same as previous ones and suffers from the same old problems. Xbl seems to be crippled with lag at times and the campers are still out in force.

While its not "ololol itz da terriblez, buyz da skyrimz's now!!!!", it is quite fun and like all the modern warfare series, a nice little time waster.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
SonicKoala said:
I expected as much - I'm a little put-off by the '4.5 star' ranking, though. That seems a tad generous given the fact that this seems like little more than a rehash of the previous two MW titles.
Jegsimmons said:
the images and gameplayed he showed really contrasted from what he said, it honestly looked lackluster and didnt seem like much was new, just sort of re-skinned.
Agreed. Is it just me, or does Call of Duty really feel similar to the Madden games, in that the tweaks to each new iteration aren't anything major and the core of the game is still, essentially, the same thing. I'm really curious as to how much of this game could have just been DLC for Modern Warfare 2.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Only played the multi player and a bit of spec ops so far, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. There does seem to be some little annoying issues with the multi player though, like seemingly being shot around corners, and Assault rifles seeming over powered/ shotguns and SMG's feeling under powered. But as a whole the multi player it quite fun for me, especially Kill Confirmed!

snfonseka said:
Does it have vehicles in multiplayer?
Nope, but it has remote drones, very much like Frontlines and Homefront, but better.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
my major complaint with this review is that he said he bearly played the other CoD games, but wss then able to draw a bunch of comparisons to them

Nobby

Nov 13, 2009
It appears that the review has accidentally included PC under platforms :p

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
4.5 stars?
If someone can spend 45 minutes listing mostly flaws, I don't think it deserves 4.5 stars.
I mean, shit, you barely mentioned any flaws besides the single player. No matter what the game is, you should be pointing out more than "half-flaws", as with the single player campaign leaving you wanting more "both in the good and the bad sense".

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
If you're not fatigued by the series, you should definitely pick up MW3.
Yeah, basically what it's saying is, "this game is fantastic because some people will like it, 4.5/5, let's not take into account its faults"

rayen020

May 20, 2009
damn man 11-11-11 is the magic number. four AAA games, covering all the current consoles, a decent eyecandy genre movie and the fun fact that twice in one day the time will read all ones for a second.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
It really does look exactly the same, honestly. I wonder if they could have just made this DLC for MW2? :D

Withard

Feb 4, 2010
If your not fatigued?

Thats like saying "If your expecting something revamped and different....find another game".

Im sick of people giving out these scores but not even looking at how it gets to that score. It should NOT be based on past experiences either. If thats the case then if Guitar Hero 3 gets 10/10 then EVERY one should get 10/10.....if your not fatigued.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Guess I can pass then what up then. Not sure why I thought this one would have a greater emphasis on single player but that's just my own ignorance. I'll focus on grabbing CoD4 when I can afford to and take it from there.

drobear

Apr 24, 2011
the price drop?? you mean when cod 9 comes out that when the price will drom to any worthy dicount