Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Review

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
All i can say is if you want rage free gameplay do not buy this game. The mulitplayer is just a basic reskin of MW2 and has exactly the same problems with hacks and cheats that plague MW2. While the reskin i could live with they could have at least made it harder to cheat.

Bought this hoping it would be good for a few weeks until the usual CoD crap started but it'll be gone as soon as Saints row 3 comes out.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Well I'm going to wait for xmas sales before I buy it even though I can't wait to find out how it ends.

Jegsimmons said:
the images and gameplayed he showed really contrasted from what he said, it honestly looked lackluster and didnt seem like much was new, just sort of re-skinned.
They do go out of there way not to show anything special as a way to avoid spoilers.

Giest4life said:
The review felt forced--as if the reviewer was forced to be diplomatic by the editor. "The game has enough new features to seem fresh" as opposed to, let's say "staying fresh"? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, I don't know. Was an uncomfortable review to watch.
Well it's not like reviewers are going out of there way to make games seem more then they are. Also if it turns out you aren't reading to much into it, it would mean Justin Clouse is being bias and I find that to be rediculous given his preivious reviews. You might have found it uncomfortable because you didn't like the game he was review, as everyone is allowed too.

Vault101 said:
oh no! a game I hate got a high score!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaand life goes on
I wish more games had your attitude.

Nobby said:
It appears that the review has accidentally included PC under platforms :p
But you can get it on PC, it's on steam.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
if this bloke hasn't played all the cod games before, he's the wrong person to review it. i'll ignore his opinion as he clearly doens't know what he's talking about.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
i don't know if it was just my headphones, but i couldn't actually hear the commentary on the the video over all the action... i had a flash back to every CoD i've actually played in that respect as well.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Well, I saw my friend playing through campaign yesterday, and while it looked really good, impressive, and it was fun, it was also really, really stupid. There was no logic to anything anyone did. But the survival mode, and spec ops modes are still incredibly fun to play with a friend in local mulitplayer.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im not a COD fan but i do like to play it the MP for fun.
played the SP a little bit. pretty much just shooting and explosions. still ok though. but the MP, i have actually really a good time playing it. i think its better balanced with the perks, weapons upgrades and kill streaks. at least i dont get shot as much by helis as in previous games like MW 1 or even black ops.

i dint play the previous games either, because i had simply enough of WW 2, but MW 1 was fun, until the helis pissed me off and the spawn kills, i dint get MW 2 because i dint agree with the changing host stuff (my connection at that time was really bad to be a host. my ping would be great wile others would have a ping of over 300), black ops was pretty much the same as with MW 1, plus it was buggy that it needed few patches to make it half way work.
but MW3, now this works really well and im having a good time with it.

about the review:
pretty much agree with him about the MP part and i dont think you must be a some one who must have played the previous once. if the game makes fun and works well, then why complain.

Nobby

Nov 13, 2009
Titan Buttons said:
Well I'm going to wait for xmas sales before I buy it even though I can't wait to find out how it ends.

Jegsimmons said:
the images and gameplayed he showed really contrasted from what he said, it honestly looked lackluster and didnt seem like much was new, just sort of re-skinned.
They do go out of there way not to show anything special as a way to avoid spoilers.

Giest4life said:
The review felt forced--as if the reviewer was forced to be diplomatic by the editor. "The game has enough new features to seem fresh" as opposed to, let's say "staying fresh"? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, I don't know. Was an uncomfortable review to watch.
Well it's not like reviewers are going out of there way to make games seem more then they are. Also if it turns out you aren't reading to much into it, it would mean Justin Clouse is being bias and I find that to be rediculous given his preivious reviews. You might have found it uncomfortable because you didn't like the game he was review, as everyone is allowed too.

Vault101 said:
oh no! a game I hate got a high score!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaand life goes on
I wish more games had your attitude.

Nobby said:
It appears that the review has accidentally included PC under platforms :p
But you can get it on PC, it's on steam.
I'm aware of that, but perhaps the point of my comment wasn't clear. There is no fathomable reason to get it on PC, there are many reasons why you wouldn't.

In fact since MW2 shafted PC players so hard by removing important features necessary for the enjoyment of the game on PC this franchise has died in my eyes.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
The 5 hour estimated single player time is generous on its own. I beat the game on Veteran in a little over 7 hours on my first go through the game and I honestly was rather upset at how weak the entire game was. I always enjoyed the Call of Duty series single player for its difficult Veteran mode, but the last couple games have become far too easy in my opinion.
Keep in mind that reviewers tend to have to play a game on either easy or normal since they are on a deadline.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Sgt. Sykes said:
Anyways, I've played MW2 and didn't get the story. I wonder what 'callbacks' to MW2 are there in MW3.
Ironically, the whole thing seems to be a "callback" to MW2, so much so that the game seems to be saying "Hey, you played MW2, right? Good. Then I won't have to explain who these people are, why you should like them, or why Russia is invading everyone. We just saved a whole hour!"

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
You gamers need to stop being such snobbish elitists. The game is fun. It is put together very well. The review admits, if you are in the game just or the single player, it is kinda short but kinda fun, so that's your warning. It lists changes to the multiplayer from previous titles. You cannot really ask for more from a review of this franchise.

Basically every CoD review boils down to:
did you buy the last CoD game?
-Yes, then probably skip this one unless you REALLY want it.
-No, then sure, why not pick it up?

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
I really liked the singleplayer. It was awesome, if a bit brief.

However, I was vaguely disappointed in the lack of variety. First you're as the Americans in New York (cool), then you're International with Price and Soap (cool) then you're with the SAS in London (very cool). Then you get to France and Germany... and you're the Americans again.

It's the sort of game that just SCREAMS for an expansion pack. I want to see more sides of this war. I want to see some French army levels, some German army, some Polish! I want to see a mission where I play as the Czech resistance! Give me MORE!

'Dust to Dust' was beyond awesome, by the way. 10/10.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
SonicKoala said:
I expected as much - I'm a little put-off by the '4.5 star' ranking, though. That seems a tad generous given the fact that this seems like little more than a rehash of the previous two MW titles.
*shrugs* a game should be based on its own merrits, even if it does rip off other games, if it does it well and its fun, it should still be rated according.

OT: A fairly unbiased review, excellent job! I'm not sure if I will or will not pick this up, I have a shelf overflowing with FPS titles now...

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I just finished the Singleplayer portion, and tried my hand at the multiplayer. It basically reminds me of my first time in MW2... which is along the lines of a virgin having their virginity taken away via rape. Good God...

D-Ray

Oct 4, 2011
I don't understand why people keep saying "It's the same as MW2 with different levels." DUH that's why it's MW3! What do you want them to do? Change the game engine everytime a new one comes out? COD I already VERY succesful. What isn't broke, don't fix it. If you were in Infinity Ward's shoes....or worked for them, wouldn't you want to keep being successful?