Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy Heading to PS3, 360

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy Heading to PS3, 360

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1321/1321526.jpgLooks like Activision is bringing the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare trilogy to last-gen consoles next week.

If a product listing on BestBuy.com [http://www.bestbuy.com/site/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-trilogy-xbox-360/5253701.p?id=bb5253701&skuId=5253701] is to be believed, PS3 and Xbox 360 owners could see a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy released for their consoles next week. The listing shows the new release as including Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The Stimulus Pack DLC for Modern Warfare 2 is also listed on the box, but no other DLC appears to be included.

While neither Activision or Infinity Ward has announced the Trilogy yet, the May 17 release date means that they're likely to do so soon if it turns out to be real. Obviously, some of the details of the game could change once an official announcement is forthcoming.

It's not a huge surprise to see Activision trying to gin up interest in Call of Duty now that will not be sold separately [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167317-Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-Announced-with-New-Trailer].

Hopefully we'll hear more about whether or not this is real very soon.

ddrkreature

Jun 24, 2013
Wait. So all the CoD MWs from last generation are being rerelease for the system they were originally released on...with only one of the several dlcs? Wtf is this logic!?

This is the kind of thing that CoD4 remastered should have been. A remaster of all the MW titles with all dlc for current gen would make a hell of a lot more sense than... This.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
What a fucking joke. I would only pick this up if it were literally a dollar.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
MC1980 said:
Omitting the majority of DLC is a dick move.

JUMBO PALACE said:
I don't understand why this exists.
'Cus they aren't making a new game for last gen? Obvious really. And the Black Ops 1&2 combo pack that came out with Blops 3 did really well. A lot of people still have PS360's and not much to play/buy on them.
They don't have a lot to play/buy on them so they... play/buy games they already played/bought previously? These games already came out for those consoles. COD is the bread and butter of a huge portion of the console community. I can't imagine there being a huge market of PS3/360 owners who skipped the franchise who are just waiting for a combo pack like this to come around.

Maybe a better statement would have been "I don't understand why people are stupid"

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
ffronw said:
It's also not surprising that they're not bringing this trilogy to PS4 and Xbox One, as they wouldn't want to compete with their will not be sold separately [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167324-New-Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-and-Modern-Warfare-Remaster-Screenshots].
For the record, that's only for a limited time as they did the exact same thing with Call of Duty "Classic" and Modern Warfare 2's Hardened and Prestige editions. Came out like, three months later on both stores for fifteen bucks. Though in that case it was purely a port.

ddrkreature said:
Wait. So all the CoD MWs from last generation are being rerelease for the system they were originally released on...with only one of the several dlcs? Wtf is this logic!?
No see, this is the kicker. The Stimulus Package is/was already free. At most, this just puts it on disc. If they're lazy, they're just giving some glorified directions to download it.
This is the kind of thing that CoD4 remastered should have been. A remaster of all the MW titles with all dlc for current gen would make a hell of a lot more sense than... This.
That'd be competition to the modern games. This, only puts it in competition with itself on the last gen and actually, makes a fair bit of sense and I've been waiting for this kind of bundle. They have a small history doing this already with the major case being The War Collection. The major change this time is that it's being released on the PS3 because Call of Duty 2 never got a PS3 port, and as a result of these three games, you(presumably) get all three on one disc for the PS3 version. Unless, you know, Activision has officially lost all sentient thought.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So, does this edition fix the huge plot holes in MW2 and MW3? Because I'd totally pay for that. I'd also pay for a version that made MW3 less stupid in general.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I still have the original games from when they first came out. So...no thanks, I guess? I'm really going to have to agree with everyone else and question why this thing exists. I mean, if it was on the PS4 or Xbox One, then okay, but...
Also, leaving out the DLC for all the games? Why?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My Target just got in a few of these. They're $30 and I'm just fractionally interested because I've never actually played the third and it's been years since I played the other two...Though I still have CoD4 on the 360 so I guess I'll pass on this. Within the next year or three this same thing will be on the PS4.5 and the Xbone_Erect. Possibly even on the Super Nintendo Wii U.

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
So... let me get this straight, when people asked for remasters of Modern Warfare, and the first response of "you have to get the new one to play the one you want" was heavily negative, their next idea was to put them out again, unremastered on last gen systems? With only one of the lots of DLC? I'm shocked how hard Activision dropped the ball on this whole thing.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Sometimes, I perceive products of a gaming company (like in this case) as nothing more than a dick with testicles - the box and the disc(s). You may interprete this statement however you wish, but try to consider the "historical" context.

TL;DR: lol

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
So, they want to sell every MW again, with minimal effort (even less than remastering 2 and 3)? Cool. Totally an Activision move. I'm sure someone who wants to try out/replay these games, without spending the 10 minutes to find all three copies used online for maybe $20 total, will gladly eat this up.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Okay, at first this sounded awesome but not coming to current consoles and not having any of the DLC, well, easy come, easy go. I'm typically not this cynical but man, two things to do right and you did 'em wrong.