Calling all single people, what are you doing to survive the 14th?

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
I will be celebrating S.A.D. (single awareness day(such a lovely acronym :) ))
I also will be working most of the day after that i dunno.
I never really cared for valentine (probably being single my whole life has something to do with that) though i never seem to be able to forget when it is valentine. I think it has something to do with the fact my own b-day is just a couple of days before that.

Though shooting couple with a nerfgun sounds really tempting :)

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Probably go to college, go to the local shops, go home, play some violent, VERY violent games until I have to go to bed and then cry myself to sleep.

It sounds like a good day to me. :D

and if anything happens one that day that will make me happy, a confession or something, now that'll make my day/year, I could only hope though.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I probably won't even notice Valentine's has passed until I see cheap chocolate in the shops, and then I'll be all over it like a pack of wolves.

I usually spend every-other Valentine's day in a relationship so I can honestly say that it's just a negligible event for me from both sides of the experience. My last Valentine's was spent 300 miles away from my girlfriend then who hated Valentine's Day, but still cried because I didn't try and make a big deal out of it when she asked me not to. The year before that I had a movie-night with friends and we had a great time.

Valentine's Day has not particularly convinced me it's worth it, to be honest. I don't hate the day, it's just like any other day except there are more ways to screw it up with your partner.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Another year, another valentines thread. I have to admit, I'd forgotten about it, and thought the world was scheduled to end or something.

I don't tend to bother with valentine's day as a whole, even though I'm in a relationship. We tend to buy each other gifts as and when we spot something we know the other will like, sometimes it coincides with valentines, but mostly not. I don't see it as anything special really, sure I'll take advantage of special offers. I know some singletons will be moping and assuming I don't care because I'm with someone. Perhaps I'm with someone because I've never moped about it and I've never bothered about meaningless dates. But whatever it's another money printing event with no other purpose, I'll work, then go home, play 360 and then call my bf and rant about my day at work probably. Then I might make a cuddly robot out of denim.

RHadley

Dec 5, 2010
Call me soppy, but I'm going to the cinema with the girl I have a crush on and some of our friends, and you can guess why I chose valentines. Otherwise, I agree on the gaming.

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
I'll be treating it like a normal day, laughing at those cursed with human contact.

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
I'll ask the girl I like out. Again. She says she doesn't really like to date people and that she's happy being single, but I know two people who like her: a red haired guy named Brayden and a pot-headed douchey CoD fanboy named Austin, and both of them are assholes, but apparentely they're both better than me because every day I see Austin trying to what i perceive to be flirting with her, and Brayden has tried to ask her out like 15 times in the last week, on one occasion I even beat the shit out of him. I'd rather die than give up on this girl. Her name is Ciera and she's the only girl i've ever met that i've felt this way about. I don't care about anyone in the world more. I'd give up everything I own for one day, ONE DAY, with her. But she'll probably end up going out with Austin anyway because everyone thinks he's awesome. This same person knocked on my apartment door at 5:00 in the morning to yell "Battlefailed!!!!! COD dominates all!" to my face on tuesday (i like battlefield). He left when I threatened to throw a chair at him.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Avoid people by playing my brother's Xbox seeing as he'll probably be out. Or even do some work for once.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
I'm gonna go to classes and sit there doing what I normally do in my classes (doodle a bunch and take some notes).

Oh and then I'll go home and probably work on a new Magic deck to use at FNM.

Greenstripe0

Apr 2, 2010
Was planning on channeling all my hatred and angst towards Valentine's day into my writing...that usually works ahahah

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
I'll be "enjoying" the longest dry spell of my admittedly short life. 2 years... Man I need to find a girlfriend, shame the people I like see me as a friend, but oh well. I'll be 21 next month and then I can go out and try the bar scene.

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
It makes me feel better knowing I don't have to buy anyone anything.

Lately, I feel okay being single. I'm only 17, I'll meet someone in college. Until then, I'm just enjoying the ride that is life.

Lokithrsourcerer

Nov 24, 2008
didn't even realise it was valentines day i just ignore it even some of my friends who are couples hate it.

Its just a ridiculous corporate sales pitch so much so...

that (according to wiki :D) it was removed from the saints calendar by Pope Paul VI in 1969.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
I actually prefer Valentines Day when I'm single. I'm in a relationship now and, like last year, we're trying to figure out dinner plans and whatnot and you have to put money aside for presents etc... When I was single I just went out with my friends and enjoyed being a singleton.
That's fair enough. This'd actually be my first Valentine's day that's yet coincided with a relationship.

The kicker? We have pre-existing plans. I'm going with my buddies on Tuesday to bear witness to the Phantom Menace in 3D. I'm taking my girlfriend to see Woman in Black the day after... really never crossed my mind until it was too late.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Well the fact that the Mass Effect 3 demo is coming out on the same day might help me through.....the lonely........ miserable.......pain. I think I'll be fine.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
It wasn't made to make us feel bad, you know. I don't understand this trend where everyone gets depressed that they're single one day in the year. Why do you give a shit? It's not even that important of a holiday; I don't know anyone who celebrates it apart from buying the chocolate while it's on offer.