Can a person have charges pressed for hacking/freezing/using their phone through another means?

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not quite sure how they did this, but a stalker of my girlfriend has managed to take over her phone and use it to text me.
I'm assuming I should report this to the FBI or the FCC, but I'm not sure if they would do anything on account they did not grant her a restraining order because text messages and emails can be faked(?) and therefore there was no harassment.

Where should I go with this?

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Police, your girlfriend...I don't know who else you could talk to. Maybe become friends with your girlfriends stalker? That last part was a joke...

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
He keeps trying. As for the campus police, they're useless right now. The stalker's dad is a state cop and campus police are state. So yeah... They fucked her over and denied her restraining order.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
This is simple...
Get your girlfriend cell, text him, make a date him, show how nice you are and make him be your stalker instead... Or show up with 5 friends, beat the living shit out of him and toss him of a bridge.
Both ways work fine.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Look, I've been stalked.

The best way to deal is to break things off as firmly as possible, and to make whatever changes you need to in order that private numbers, etc. can no longer be found out. I'm going to address this next part as if it were you being stalked, but you understand it's on behalf of your girlfriend, right?!

That may mean: Changing phones. And phone numbers.

Letting friends, family and others know that this person is not welcome to make contact and that your private details are not to be given out.

Changing facebook and other social sites' userprofiles, and heavily editing private information on such sites.

Blocking offending people on facebook, MSN, email and other networks. If this does not work, then creating new, private accounts may help.

Changing postal addresses, and if the offender is persistent, residential addresses too. Though, if this is such a problem, you should be able to get a restraining order.

And finally, communication with those you trust. Don't isolate yourself. The more people know you are being treated wrongly, and what to do to help, the more likely you are to cope. Often, stalkers want you to be isolated, so they have control over who you see, what you do, and what you feel. Don't allow them to do that!

And finally, if your girlfriend has not told her stalker firmly before that he is not welcome, the next time he contacts her, it's time to tell him so. If she cannot do that, maybe it's something you can do as her friend and support.

That's all I can think of to help. My situation was resolved without the intervention of authorities, so it can be done. It might sound hard, but a life without harassment is worth it in the end.

And good on you for caring about your girl!

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
RaphaelsRedemption said:
Look, I've been stalked.

The best way to deal is to break things off as firmly as possible, and to make whatever changes you need to in order that private numbers, etc. can no longer be found out. I'm going to address this next part as if it were you being stalked, but you understand it's on behalf of your girlfriend, right?!

That may mean: Changing phones. And phone numbers.

Letting friends, family and others know that this person is not welcome to make contact and that your private details are not to be given out.

Changing facebook and other social sites' userprofiles, and heavily editing private information on such sites.

Blocking offending people on facebook, MSN, email and other networks. If this does not work, then creating new, private accounts may help.

Changing postal addresses, and if the offender is persistent, residential addresses too. Though, if this is such a problem, you should be able to get a restraining order.

And finally, communication with those you trust. Don't isolate yourself. The more people know you are being treated wrongly, and what to do to help, the more likely you are to cope. Often, stalkers want you to be isolated, so they have control over who you see, what you do, and what you feel. Don't allow them to do that!

And finally, if your girlfriend has not told her stalker firmly before that he is not welcome, the next time he contacts her, it's time to tell him so. If she cannot do that, maybe it's something you can do as her friend and support.

That's all I can think of to help. My situation was resolved without the intervention of authorities, so it can be done. It might sound hard, but a life without harassment is worth it in the end.

And good on you for caring about your girl!
Amen to that. It's been a doozy. He was able to convince her of some things and therefore made her not trust me at some points.
However, I think I'm winning now.

We've had a couple conversations that focus on how I shouldn't care and should just ignore it like everyone else does, but I'm not like that.
Hooyah.

Diablo2000 said:
This is simple...
Get your girlfriend cell, text him, make a date him, show how nice you are and make him be your stalker instead... Or show up with 5 friends, beat the living shit out of him and toss him of a bridge.
Both ways work fine.
Kharloth said:
Beat the shit out of him and smash whatever he is using to hack into it?
If I knew his number, or she gave it to me when I asked, I would've tossed it on every website on the internet, including reddit and ESPECIALLY 4chan. I also would've beat the shit out of him, however, I don't think that's wise seeing as his dads a state cop and all, I'd get fucked no matter the circumstances, so I'm trying to avoid violence.

Also, he knows I'm almost twice his weight in pure muscle, so he hides.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
So I read that you're twice his weight in pure muscle. Use that.
Threaten him that if he fucks with your girlfriend again, you will hurt him personally. Or simply ask your girlfriend for his number and put it on 4chan and you have successfully made his life not worth living.

But if you want to do it the nice way, ask him nicely to back off and tell him that if he tries again, he will regret it. Finding his number is basically 'insta-win.'

Jimi Ennis

Jul 21, 2010
you said campus police and his dad are working together to suppress a restraining order? talk to the college paper, corruption in the police force would be big enough news and it might make Campus police take you seriously, or at least less likely to turn you down again,