Can I run Shadow of Mordor?

Plasmadamage

Jul 24, 2012
Long story short, I want this game, and I want it now! But I'm always cautious with new PC games, since I really can't go wasting money on games that I can't play. Basically, I need opinions from people who know what they're doing when it comes to hardware.

Soooo, my laptop setup is:

-Haswell i7-4702MQ [email protected]
-16Gb RAM
-GeForce GT 745M (assuming that if there's a problem, it'll be with this)

Now, according to Can I Run It, this puts me below playable level on SoM, but I've learnt to stop trusting that, because it also said that I couldn't handle Witcher 2 or Skyrim HD, both of which I run on Ultra with no difficulties.

So, tech-savy Escapists, what is your opinion? Can my laptop run Shadow of Mordor at a decent level?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It's hard to tell. I don't know much about laptop GPUs. But the game is significantly less demanding than the system requirements make it out to be.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
To go out on a limb without checking benchmarks for that GPU I would say yes, mobile chipsets are generally equivalent to the previous generation of desktop GPU[footnote]Nvidias new Maxwell 2.0 mobile chips appear to be bucking that trend but not really relevant here.[/footnote] so you have roughly the equivalent of a mid range GTX 6-- series like a GK208 GTX 640 or so (or something like an R7 240 for team red). You should get away with a mix of low to medium settings depending on how much and how well the GPU can leverage memory, System Requirements Lab often fails mobile GPUs simply because the often have no "official" support from the dev/publishers.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
I run it on a GT 755M with everything between high and medium (texture is medium, everything else is high) so I would imagine you would be able to play it at least medium. I get some slow down during rain and with a large amount of enemies on the screen but beyond that it runs decent.

OhNoYouDidnt

Oct 22, 2013
If your laptop can handle The Witcher 2 on Ultra, I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to run Shadow of Mordor. The game is surprisingly well-optimised on PC, as far as I can tell.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
at a glance I don't see why not, not very familiar with laptops though (honestly I've only had a gaming rig for a year, I still consider myself sort of new,) but having run SoM and seen the visual options, I'd be VERY surprised if there was no setting you could run it on, when my processes are optomized as best I can I can run it on ultra at 150% with complete fluidity, and you have more RAM than me, I also have an i7 processor. so I think you should be fine, the graphics options are very flexible

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I can run Skyrim on High, and I can run SoM on Medium.

So, maybe that helps?

Also:
I have 8GB of RAM.
XD

GreyNicor

Mar 5, 2014
I have 8GB and a gt545 and I run it smoothly, although on low, so you should be more then fine.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
It will outright refuse to even run on any graphics card without directx11. But yours is 11.