Can someone explain this to me?

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
This morning, at around 4:15-ish (I'm from Britan, so that was a while ago) there was a massive roll of thunder that could have been an earthquake, it was deafening, but I don't need this explaining.

What I need explaining is the fact that at roughly around 4:10, I randomly woke up, for no apparent reason, to hear this thunder. Lucky coincidence? Not at all, I've find shit like this happening all the time, one example was from Cadets, when I was fast asleep in my billet, I started dreaming there was a frag grenade that was about to detonate, and when it was about to detonate, bam, the Company Seargent major slammed throught the door and awoke us. And another time, I was listening to music, and the track I was listening to has a 2 minuite silence at the end because of where it was downloaded, so once thhe 2 minuite silence started, I dreamt I was playing snap with my girlfreind, and once again, just before the next track began very loudly, my girlfreind hit the table in time with the opening note.

So, has anyone experience this before, and does anyone know what it is?

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I always wake up just before my alarm clock and/or someone comes to get me wake me.

What's up with that.

Wahful said:
Maybe it was in your head, a Brainstorm if you will.
I see what you did there.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
I got caught up in that same storm, actually.
Felt like the lightning was just outside the window, I know precisely which thunder clap you're talking about as well.

I can't explain it though. Maybe you can sense things, like Pinkie-Pie.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
You can be woken up by anything really (unless you're an extremely heavy sleeper) I find I never know the reason for me waking up, could be my music, could be the sun, sometimes it's from my mother making noise on the floor above me.

aseelt

Jan 13, 2010
Yeah, I get it all the time. I wake up in the middle of the night about 2 or 3 minutes before my wife calls (she's in the US, I'm in the UK).

No idea why this happens, it just does.

The one with snap and your girlfriend sounds like deja vu though.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
It's in your head mate, that kinda stuff happens and it's weird as hell.
But you don't have some kind of crazy power. Sorry:(

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
You can be woken up by anything really (unless you're an extremely heavy sleeper) I find I never know the reason for me waking up, could be my music, could be the sun, sometimes it's from my mother making noise on the floor above me.
I am, during the same grenade one, a guy as a joke got a iPhone gun app, set it as an Fully Automatic Shotgun and fired it right next to my head without me waking.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Hm... I don't know if its related to this or not, but I sometimes get Déjà vu dreams of minor occurrences. For example, I'll dream of playing cards with someone and I win with a certain hand then a few days later that exact thing will happen.

Maybe you have something in your unconscious thought processes that is in tune to something in the world around you making you wake up just before the thunder. The mind still holds many undiscovered mysteries, so maybe theres something there and we just don't know.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
TerribleAssassin said:
So, has anyone experience this before, and does anyone know what it is?
I always think I do that, wake up just in time to hear my alarm and other shit.

It's not that, I got my girlfriend to tell me once because I was curious, I got her to tell me what happened when my alarm went off because she customarily woke up just before me. It's that your body wakes up really really REALLY fucking fast when something surprises you. If you get a decent surprise and you're reasonably well rested you'll go from asleep to awake in about a second.
But the thing was, I really wasn't well rested at all, I'd stayed up to like 2, despite the fact that I'd been very very tired the whole week, and I can't remeber being woken up by the thunder or lightning that had come before it.

AmrasCalmacil said:
I got caught up in that same storm, actually.
Felt like the lightning was just outside the window, I know precisely which thunder clap you're talking about as well.

I can't explain it though. Maybe you can sense things, like Pinkie-Pie.
I thought it was an Earthquake, because of the one in Blackpool and all.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Ah, dream-reality correlations.

Way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long ago i was dreaming that i was a dog. I dont remember what i was doing as a dog but i do remember getting my head rubbed in the dream. Only then i wake up to find my dad was waking me up by tussling my hair.

It something when real things start to affect a dream. Then you wake up because of it.

Coranico

Jul 28, 2009
Most probably you woke up after a previous thunder clap, similar to how we can only really remember dreams shortly after we wake up, you can't always remember what woke you up.

As for waking up before your alarm, it's your body adapting to your routine, if you set an alarm for the same time every day for a year, eventually you won't need the alarm all the time, happens to everyone.

So unfortunately you're not quite Jesus, the human mind's just an awesome thing and is sometimes a bit of a dick.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Coranico said:
Most probably you woke up after a previous thunder clap, similar to how we can only really remember dreams shortly after we wake up, you can't always remember what woke you up.

As for waking up before your alarm, it's your body adapting to your routine, if you set an alarm for the same time every day for a year, eventually you won't need the alarm all the time, happens to everyone.

So unfortunately you're not quite Jesus, the human mind's just an awesome thing and is sometimes a bit of a dick.
This. A hundred times.

I really have nothing to add because that's more or less what I would've posted. So quoted for emphasis on truth to an answer.