Can someone explain what's wrong with this?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
With no context presented whatsoever, my guess is that it can be either:

A) it isn't
B) it is

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
A lot of the crucial tweets were hidden.
Here's the context:

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

Why is this of all things blowing up into some kind of huge controversy?
Given that most people other than the right leaning knows what you're talking about, I'm going to say I can explain what's wrong with it.

You're taking the Fringes of the Twitter and applying it to the world entire.

There's 145 million active Twitter users. I'm not one of them, and I had no idea what you're talking about until I had to look it up. And still, my world isn't moved.

A huge controversy is how people handled BLM, Charlottesville, The election, even that Dress/Laurel or Yanny had more to do with the cultural zeitgeist than this will ever dare dream of.

This is a non-story that some people have an opinion on. Shake your head, let it flow off of your back, and steel yourself for actual things in the world.

Let the fringes be the fringes.

Sidebar, until I looked it up, I thought this was an actual question about what's wrong with the picture. And I thought the crazy lady bought dog food for a stuffed dog was the actual answer.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
A lot of the crucial tweets were hidden.
Here's the context:
Seriously. It seems to me that the only purpose of Twitter is to find things to get mad over. I literally just use it to find out if they have added more content to my favorite game (Wreckfest), and that's it. It's so nice to not worry about all of these stupid, ridiculous non-troversies like this shit, or Baby Yoda eating Frog Lady's eggs, or boob armor or whatever the fuck people on the internet are complaining about this week. Stop following social media, and all these issues disappear, almost like they weren't worth worrying about in the first place.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Seriously. It seems to me that the only purpose of Twitter is to find things to get mad over. I literally just use it to find out if they have added more content to my favorite game (Wreckfest), and that's it. It's so nice to not worry about all of these stupid, ridiculous non-troversies like this shit, or Baby Yoda eating Frog Lady's eggs, or boob armor or whatever the fuck people on the internet are complaining about this week. Stop following social media, and all these issues disappear, almost like they weren't worth worrying about in the first place.
It's like a circus, a human zoo. It's fun to watch, as long as you're behind the safety rail.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Given that most people other than the right leaning knows what you're talking about, I'm going to say I can explain what's wrong with it.

You're taking the Fringes of the Twitter and applying it to the world entire.

There's 145 million active Twitter users. I'm not one of them, and I had no idea what you're talking about until I had to look it up. And still, my world isn't moved.

A huge controversy is how people handled BLM, Charlottesville, The election, even that Dress/Laurel or Yanny had more to do with the cultural zeitgeist than this will ever dare dream of.

This is a non-story that some people have an opinion on. Shake your head, let it flow off of your back, and steel yourself for actual things in the world.

Let the fringes be the fringes.

Sidebar, until I looked it up, I thought this was an actual question about what's wrong with the picture. And I thought the crazy lady bought dog food for a stuffed dog was the actual answer.
The reason I made this topic on this is specifically because I find the controversy inane and pointless. There's dozens and dozens of what one would consider more "worthwhile" topics I see in articles or Twitter regularly that I could make threads about here but I'm not interested in discussing those things on this forum right now due to health concerns related to stress. If one wants to extrapolate this into some wider political meaning then I guess the best would be that people are so high strung all around that even something like this can cause a kerfuffle.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Did you always have to deal with Karens?
No but a quick rundown of my previous employment (side note, a few of these positions I held at the same time): a dollar store stocker, an Arby's in the methier/old snow bird portion of town, a deli counter in an organic grocery chain, the late/overnight drive-through/counter of a Jack in the Box, a U-Haul/propane center, a Walmart produce clerk, and the evening/morning counter person at a gas station convenience store . Pretty much the entire spectrum of stupid questions, strung out/drunk customers, insane things going on, and obnoxious management (and yes, even the occasional Karen). Even now, my job entails working on cars owned mostly by old people who don't seem to understand half the things their cars do, either because genuine "old people, amirite?" or salespeople not adequately explaining what the car can do to the customers (because they themselves are also old).

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
The reason I made this topic on this is specifically because I find the controversy inane and pointless.
Arguably, there's a lot less stress distracting oneself by raging about things that don't really matter than raging about things that do.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'm going to blame this on Star Wars fans.

"They don't look like Leia's hair buns so they can't be space buns"

Star Wars fans are basically just the worst after all.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Oh I heard about this!

So, apparently this hair style is not good if white people have it, because their hair doesn't naturally curl like that, and curling your hair to make it look how you like is racist if you like it to be like how some other people's hair is normally, and those said people have been socially trod upon and not celebrated for their hair being how you like yours to be.

And as a consequence, this also applies to videogames too, since for centuries there has been oppression of black videogame characters in all videogame lore, ever, and as a consequence of this primordial sin engraved in the lore of the universe out of which every game stems, it is ALSO racist to have this hairstyle in a game too if you're white, for the above reason.

Now, me, personally, I love stuff like how One Piece gave Luffy an afro and it literally made him into a stronger version of himself through instilling him with boxing confidence, but I guess Luffy is too asian and his family name is Monkey, so that is definitely racist too.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The reason I made this topic on this is specifically because I find the controversy inane and pointless. There's dozens and dozens of what one would consider more "worthwhile" topics I see in articles or Twitter regularly that I could make threads about here but I'm not interested in discussing those things on this forum right now due to health concerns related to stress. If one wants to extrapolate this into some wider political meaning then I guess the best would be that people are so high strung all around that even something like this can cause a kerfuffle.
You think it's inane and pointless and not "worthwhile" so you decided to spread it and try to draw us into the pointless controversy too? Ok.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And now the Space Buns girl is retweeting the mean and horrible things that the bullies have said and now they're acting hurt about it
There's also fanart.

Look at her twitter now, it's full of absolutely savage tear-drinking