Can Susan come back to The Escapist now?

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Strong-tempered, and unapologetic when calling people out on their bullshit, Susan's my kind of lady. I'd welcome her back any day, but I don't see that happening. Does anyone else feel like one too many tech/gaming websites are going through some kind of growing pains lately? Or at least a transitional phase? Folks going completely freelance, budget issues, shutdowns, layoffs, and changing of hands. Then again, with sites like Reddit and YouTube you can cut out middle men almost completely.

Edith The Hutt

Flying Monkey
Oct 16, 2010
Susan was awesome on the podcast and the site, I really enjoyed the editorial direction she pushed the site in. It would be great if she could come back in some capacity.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I wouldn't mind her coming back, but if all those images circulating around are legitimate, I doubt she'd be able to.

Too many burned bridges and too much hostility. Or if not hostility, just a bit too loose with the keyboard.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Nah, I think Josh will do just fine. Something about taking the site in a different direction... yeah, sounds good :)

Moving forward, The Escapist is eschewing the "curmudgeon" mentality that is so pervasive these days in favor of the "enthusiast" mentality that we want to foster among our community, and geek culture at large. We want to focus on finding the good in the geekspace, rather than focusing on the bad.
Yeah, I'm more a fan of that mindset, thanks.

I'm lead to believe Susan was doing a commendable job at Joystiq. Perhaps that's true. But going by some of the articles I saw there every so often, I'm inclined to say I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Different strokes and all that.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
Dead Century said:
Strong-tempered, and unapologetic when calling people out on their bullshit, Susan's my kind of lady.
Honestly, my memory of her was more along the lines of "Haphazardly yelling at people, sometimes they deserved it, sometimes they didn't, and begrudgingly apologizing when she was wrong after a lot of getting yelled at by the community."

Frankly, if her Twitter behavior is anything to go by, then I suggest that she's not emotionally mature enough to handle stressful social interactions. You don't call a previous employer a "chickenshit" on Social Media, regardless of if you think it's true or not. Particularly when that employer has gone out of their way to not bad mouth you so that you can still have a career...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
honestly? I don't think she'd WANT to come back for...certain reasons

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Whatever happens is between Ms Arendt and the current owners of The Escapist. Let's not stir up any rumours in the meantime, okay?