Can we all just shut the f*** up about Skyrim, please?

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
JamesStone said:
EDIT: Oh, for fuck´s sake, can´t I even post this thread without someone posting ANOTHER thing about Skyrim?!
What did you expect? Did you REALLY think you the hundreds of random strangers on the internet were going to respond positively to "shut the f*** up" just because it's you that's asking? You figure your cleverly worded rhetoric was going to win people over? Oy.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Volf99 said:
The feeling you have right now are exactly how I feel every f**king time I see a MLP thread. I hate that stupid show. sorry off topic
Thank you for saying that. I couldn't because I know that as soon as the Skyrim hype dies down, that the bronies will be back in force, and I need to maintain neutrality in the Skyrim topic.

OT: No. I can't. Its too awesome.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Double post. Might as well say something contructive.

We can all learn a valuable lesson here. Not everyone will like what you like, and that's ok.

I feel like Skyrim fans are not so much worried about other people liking what they like, though...because pretty much EVERYone likes Skyrim.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Note: there's a ton of threads with this very same subject.
What do you do? Make another thread on this subject.
In other words: there are threads about stopping the Skyrim discussion, so you make ANOTHER thread on stopping Skyrim discussion to stop Skyrim discussion. Will it work? NO.
Tired of hearing about Skyrim? Then get off a gaming forum. Go on a completely unrelated one. Because God knows its a sin talking about a highly anticipated and vast game on a gaming forum!

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
I'm a little tired of he amount of Skyrim threads myself, but that's probably just sour grapes because I have my PC Collector's Edition sitting in front of me and can't play it for at least another week until my PC is back from the shop. :(

I have RAGE!

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
sravankb said:
Volf99 said:
JamesStone said:
Ok, really, stop posting threads about Skyrim. I know, Skyrim is a great game, yes, I to love the Elder Scrolls series, and I´m getting Skyrim as soon as I can, but when every 5 minutes I see a thread saying "What´s your equipment on Skyrim?", "What's your background on Skyrim?, "Imperials or some faction" Iada, iada, iada, I just think "how is it possible to post so many threads about one thing?". By no means stop expressing your love for what seems to be an excellent game, but can we please stop filling the Escapist forums about it? Bethesda and the game itself have their own forums, ya know?

Captcha: yes it´s my duty to post this thread, now stop calling me shit. (duty iashite)

EDIT: Oh, for fuck´s sake, can´t I even post this thread without someone posting ANOTHER thing about Skyrim?!
EDIT: Yes, I get the Irony of needing to post about Skyrim to ask people to stop people posting more about it. No need to say it.
The feeling you have right now are exactly how I feel every f**king time I see a MLP thread. I hate that stupid show. sorry off topic
You both need to calm down. Plus, here's a simple tip - don't click on a topic if you don't want to discuss it.

OT: I don't mind people discussing popular games, whether it be Skyrim or MW3. I usually ignore topics like those unless I see one where I, as a non-Skyrim (or MW3) player, can join in.

I do, however, have an issue with this website when it comes to their reaction to MLP. As far as I'm concerned, both of these subjects are fairly similar in terms of their popularity. But the same people here who replied to this thread with "no" go absolutely batshit crazy when talking about MLP.

In summary -
[HEADING=1]If the topic contains certain keywords from your "hate" checklist, anything that you do with that thread from there on is a waste of your time. [/HEADING]
First off I don't hate Skryim, second I don't click on the MLP threads. However when they keep on appearing on the right hand side, it gets annoying. This is a VIDEO GAME site, not a MLP fan site. I like the Law and Order series, but I don't make thread after thread about it, especially not on a site where it doesn't have anything to do with video games.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
With a game as big as Skyrim: No. These are gaming discussion forums and people are perfectly within their rites to post threads about every little thing that makes up Skyrim. Threads that are the exact same as another usually get that arbitrary 'Use the search bar' comment, but just because people are asking things about different parts of each others individuals experience in the game.

Besides, what else are we going to talk about in the gaming forums? MW3? You get a lot of CoD hate on the Internet, so its probably best not to, plus there have been these threads too. Minecraft 1.0? Not much need really, we all know about Minecraft and have had the pre-releases to give us most of the features already. Skyward Sword? Only on the Wii, and far less popular than Skyrim. Seems Skyrim is the winner here, so that's what people will talk about.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Volf99 said:
First off I don't hate Skryim, second I don't click on the MLP threads. However when they keep on appearing on the right hand side, it gets annoying. This is a VIDEO GAME site, not a MLP fan site. I like the Law and Order series, but I don't make thread after thread about it, especially not on a site where it doesn't have anything to do with video games.
Maybe if the off-topic threads didn't appear on the hot threads list it would make things better, because if it's MLP it's going to be popular here. That's the way it is with over 1100 members in the fan group.

I don't mind them though.

OT: Gaming site + Popular game = Threads. Deal with it.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
DarkRyter said:
You just made a thread about Skyrim.

Look at yourself. Look at what you have become.
i knew it, as soon as i saw this thread, i knew this would be the first post

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
JamesStone said:
Ok, really, stop posting threads about Skyrim. I know, Skyrim is a great game, yes, I to love the Elder Scrolls series, and I´m getting Skyrim as soon as I can, but when every 5 minutes I see a thread saying "What´s your equipment on Skyrim?", "What's your background on Skyrim?, "Imperials or some faction" Iada, iada, iada, I just think "how is it possible to post so many threads about one thing?". By no means stop expressing your love for what seems to be an excellent game, but can we please stop filling the Escapist forums about it? Bethesda and the game itself have their own forums, ya know?

Captcha: yes it´s my duty to post this thread, now stop calling me shit. (duty iashite)

EDIT: Yes, I get the Irony of needing to post about Skyrim to ask people to stop people posting more about it. No need to say it.
didn't you hear? skyrim is the new pony thread on these forums

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
sravankb said:
Volf99 said:
Except for the fact that pretty much all the MLP threads were made in the off-topic forums. Not the gaming forums. Off-topic means literally anything is allowed. And if people want to discuss their favorite series, how does it affect you?

PS - I was telling the OP to calm down regarding Skyrim, and you about MLP. Not saying that you hate both.
That didn't stop them from appearing on the right hand side of the screen. I don't care if you discuss it, but when I have to see it over and over again and AGAIN, it starts to wear on you. The most annoying one I see are the ones that are title something like "why all the hate for MLP?/Why don't you guys like MLP?/People should really like MLP". Enough, I get it, you like it. That's fine, no quit complaining about the hate the show gets. Its not unique to MLP, so quit acting like it. (I'm not referring to YOU specifically, just some MLP people who seem to want to convert everybody into MLP fans)