Can we talk about the apparent culture of sexual abuse in the american film industry?

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
the December King said:
I... I thought Spacey came out, like, eons ago (or just before now)? I don't think that this part of the story is even news at all, let alone a fair deflection tactic.
"Yet so far, multiple media outlets have given as much, if not more, attention to Spacey coming out."

"The New York Times got the allegations in its tweet, but also pointed out that Spacey is now openly gay."

Evidently not. It appears if he did...nobody remembered. Are you sure you're not confusing with a film character? I haven't followed his life's work to know.
I... I have no idea where I got that notion. I don't think it was a character he played, though... I genuinely thought he had come out a long time ago. Crazy pills, I tell you.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
the December King said:
I... I have no idea where I got that notion. I don't think it was a character he played, though... I genuinely thought he had come out a long time ago. Crazy pills, I tell you.
Maybe this is another curious case of The Mandela effect!

Or crazy pills...less sexy those little beasts. Well, sometimes. Most of the time.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
CyanCat47 said:
Ah, grammar semantics, the best way to avoid actually talking about the subject matter.
It's not really semantics when it makes communication impossible

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
...I read it as Spacey actually like...apologizing. He doesnt say "No way, he is lying", he doesnt condemn the guy. He seems to say "I dont remember it, but if I did it, I am sorry and it was wrong and I need to not do stuff like that"

Not like O'Reily, or Cosby, or Weinstein, or Trump said "I am sorry", they all deny it outright.

Is he paying 32 million to cover it up?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
We can add Brett Ratner to the list of people now accused of inappropriate sexual behaviour

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/brett-ratner-natasha-henstridge-accused-sexual-harassment-1202604256/amp/

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Also we have some more accusations against Spacey from some House of Cards production assistant

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59fba382e4b0415a420ab032