Can you beat him? Akinator Web game

Xian_Frost

Jul 18, 2010
I beat him with The Dark Id from the Something Awful forums.

He got me on Isaac's Mom from the Binding of Isaac after guessing Mary from Ib and the Witch from Left 4 Dead.

Godlikebuthumble

Sep 10, 2008
Akinator figured out Ramsay Snow/Bolton from A Song of Ice And Fire in <20

Needed three guesses to figure out Mort from the Discworld novels (after going for Gandalf and Rand Al'Thor first).

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
I beat him with Dad from AVG on the first try. I estimate it asked me nationalities for about half my questions.

EDITS:
He guessed Jontron
He guessed Captain Titus from Space Marine
He didn't guess a Call of Duty Youtuber I watch, though it was in his database
He guessed the boy from Limbo
He didn't guess LRR's Jonny

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Beat him a few times before.
Took him 25 questions to get Yu Narukami though. Thought I was thinking of Future Trunks from DBZ first. Silly Akinator.

Didn't get Cube from the Princess Maker series, even after 40 guesses. Suck it!

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
The program got me with Masamune Date and MF DOOM so I tried what other people have probably tried and thought of Akinator... It said Akinator's brother. Funny.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Yes. Akinator could not get Comrade Rubashov from Darkness at Noon. Despite it agreeing that I answered all questions correct to the character. I guess it's just more interested in pop culture than classic literature.

Ethan Asia

Aug 22, 2011
I was relatively unimpressed with this, actually. It took three turns for him to guess Heavy Weapons guy, two to guess Malcolm Tucker, and three to guess Prince Charles.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
He got Boreale, how the fuck does he guess Boreale?

Edit: I won with Adam Jensen. Damn it feels good to win.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I went for "The Kid" from Bastion. He couldn't get it right. Mwahahah! I have bested him at his own game!

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
I got kinda addicted to this when I first discovered it. Playing the basic game is too easy, I added a new level. You have find the person that he can actually get that has the least number of other people that have used that character. I think the lowest I got was 6 with a guy from No ordinary family. That was a long time ago though (back when he couldn't guess Tyrian Lannister) so the lowest number will probably be quite high.

It is freaky how it makes jumps sometimes. Like if you are thinking of ghost whisperer it will ask, Is it a woman? Does she live in America, then Does she talk to ghosts? And your like HOW THE HELL did it get that from just 'American woman'?

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
He beat me with Jules from pulp fiction and Lu Bu from dynasty warriors. I beat beat him with Victoria Watts from Fallout 3.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Thought of Teal'c from Stargate. Damn mind reader :mad:

EDIT: I thought of James Randi. He got it wrong the first time, but after a couple more questions he got it. Though maybe my answers were a bit off. Sometimes you're not sure how to answer.

EDIT THE SECOND: Same again with Ace from Doctor Who. He guessed Susan the first time, but a couple questions later got it.

I'm hooked now. No sleep for me, and expect more edits.

EDIT THE FINAL: Ok. I've got to stop now, but he guessed Richard Woolsey from Stargate. I am CONVINCED he's a mind reader since considering the questions he was asking I thought for certain he didn't have it. I was genuinely shocked when he guessed correct.

AlexanderPeregrine

Nov 19, 2009
It took the 40th question of a second try to get this and I'm 99% sure it just cheated and used my first attempt, but I scored this:

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
I made another try, here's my results.

Quote from Cave Story - Failed First Guess
Caesar from New Vegas - Failed First Guess
Brucie from Grand Theft Auto - Failed Second Guess
Crazy Dave from Plants Vs Zombies - Failed Third Guess
Meat Boy from Super Meat Boy - Failed First Guess
Bandage Girl from Super Meat Boy - Failed Second Guess
Calendar Man from Batman - Failed Second Guess
Sander Cohen from Bioshock - Victory!

Edit: More
Ema from Phoenix Wright - Failed First Guess
Detective Gumshoe from Phoenix Wright - Failed Third Guess (I thought this one was close but then they asked if he was made by Capcom. Fuck)
Larry from Phoenix Wright - Failed Second Guess (Guess what game I've been playing a lot of?)
Terezi from Homestuck - Faile First Guess (He was on to me super quick with this one, I knew I was fucked at "Do they wear glasses?")
Caliborn from Homestuck - Failed First Guess (Clearly Homestuck is not the route to go here)
Keith Brown, SNP Politician - Victory!
Paul Elam, Runner of A Voice for Men - Victory!
Me - Failed First Guess
Jon Ronson, Journalist and Writer - Victory!
Louis Theroux - Failed Second Guess
My Character from some fan-fic I wrote - Victory! Obviously. Though it did guess Xbox 360 avatar, and I think it deserves a round of applause for that.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
Beat him first time with SmittyG.
Edit: Beat him again with Gauldoth Half-Dead for HoMM IV.