Can you please tell me why they Ban me in ResetEra for posting a Game about Dating Helicopters?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012

So yeah, I tried to contact with a mod in ResetEra, but I couldn't find a way.
So I decided to ask for your opinion.

I posted a thread about the game "Attack Helicopter Dating Simulator" in ResetEra.
I find it funny and because I already know a game with waifus Tanks, I decided to created it.

Here is the source:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/at...g-simulator-because-why-not-nsfw-right.58163/

Immediately after posting it, the users was offended I guess?
After a while a mod close the thread and Ban me for "Posting transphobic content".
And I am even now like
"WTF, what I did? I don't understand. It is a game for dating helicopters!"

So please, can someone please tell me wtf I did wrong?

Thank you.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
There is a common joke around certain right wing parts of the internet where people say they sexually identify as an attack helicopter to denigrate transgender and non-binairy people who identify as something they want to deny they are. This was interpreted as furthering that joke and therefore implicitly as furthering the transfobic idea that that trans men and women aren't really men and women. That interpretation of your post makes sense since it was highly likely the reason the game was made too.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
They probably assumed everyone knew about that "hilarious" meme, which is a fair assumption; it's spread far and wide across the internet and it would be very odd for someone not to have seen it.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Pseudonym said:
There is a common joke around certain right wing parts of the internet where people say they sexually identify as an attack helicopter to denigrate transgender and non-binairy people who identify as something they want to deny they are. This was interpreted as furthering that joke and therefore implicitly as furthering the transfobic idea that that trans men and women aren't really men and women. That interpretation of your post makes sense since it was highly likely the reason the game was made too.
Oh, wow.
So they thought because I posted it, that I knew about the meaning behind the description of the game and tried to fuck with them???

Couldn't they at least ask me or explain to me what I did wrong?

I had no idea about this...

Jan 19, 2016
Don't bother. Reset Era are the most insufferably self righteous of the "progressives" that exiled themselves from Neogaf after the whole Evilore kerfuffle. They are a punchline for the rest of the gaming internet and not worth bothering with unless you are going there expressly to troll them.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
09philj said:
They probably assumed everyone knew about that "hilarious" meme, which is a fair assumption; it's spread far and wide across the internet and it would be very odd for someone not to have seen it.
Then I guess I am The odd one.
I never heard of this.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I'm going a teeny-weeny off topic, but is the attitude (moderation-wise at least) on that site something that SJWs people who want a non-alienating, inclusive community would prefer we had here too?

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Bilious Green said:
Don't bother. Reset Era are the most insufferably self righteous of the "progressives" that exiled themselves from Neogaf after the whole Evilore kerfuffle. They are a punchline for the rest of the gaming internet and not worth bothering with unless you are going there expressly to troll them.
Nah, I found some nice people in some specific Threads I hang out.
Plus I have my Thread which I post upcoming indie games, so is all good.

I will see this as a little break. My Ban for a week after all.

After that I will be more careful of what I posting.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
McElroy said:
I'm going a teeny-weeny off topic, but is the attitude (moderation-wise at least) on that site something that SJWs people who want a non-alienating, inclusive community would prefer we had here too?
Sorry for asking, but can you be more specific because I don't quite understand what do you mean.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
SweetShark said:
Bilious Green said:

Take care when you begin to self-censor. The politically correct rules change all the time.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
Vendor-Lazarus said:
SweetShark said:
Bilious Green said:

Take care when you begin to self-censor. The politically correct rules change all the time.
Well, I am mostly visiting only my mega thread, indie game and indie games developers threads so I don't think I will say something bad.
Except of course if post a racist meme without noticing again I guess..

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know, I've never been to ResetEra nor have I ever heard of this game or that meme. My friend did use the term "LGBQ/Attack Helicopter" once when were discussing the subject, but I didn't think anything of it because I was unaware that it was a wide spread thing. Of course he delves much more into political places of the internet than I do. I try to avoid them.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
What I?m wondering is how the hell helicopters of all things got dragged into this in the first place? Is it because their appearance and near-unlimited mobility lend themselves to being seen as an ultimate trolling apparatus or something?

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
SweetShark said:
Couldn't they at least ask me or explain to me what I did wrong?
I think that would have been better. The moderator did call it 'transphobic memes' but if you've really never seen the attack helicopter thing before I get that this went rather quick. This game also looks like another game in the line of Panzer Madels or Hatoful Boyfriend like someone mentioned. That is to say another joke version of a dating sim which is how you and at least one other commenter took it.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
hanselthecaretaker said:
What I'm wondering is how the hell helicopters of all things got dragged into this in the first place? Is it because their appearance and near-unlimited mobility lend themselves to being seen as an ultimate trolling apparatus or something?
Because they are ultimate killing machines?

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
hanselthecaretaker said:
What I?m wondering is how the hell helicopters of all things got dragged into this in the first place? Is it because their appearance and near-unlimited mobility lend themselves to being seen as an ultimate trolling apparatus or something?
Because it's extreme absurdism meant to invalidate legitimate claims.

'Oh, you want to be a woman, and I have to respect that? WELL I'm an ATTACK HELICOPTER by your logic, and you HAVE to respect that!'

Also, transphobes are SUPREMELY unimaginative, and once they see an anti trans joke, they'll regurgitate it ad nauseum. You See the same 3-4 bigoted jokes over and over.