Canada adds Proud Boys to the terrorist group list

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014

Along with the Proud Boys, Canada also added other 12 groups to the list, including the Atomwaffen Division, the AWD, the Base, 3 Al-Qaeda affiliates, 5 ISIS affiliates and the Russian Imperial Movement. Under section 83 of the Criminal Code, now Canada considers an indictable offence to "collect property," "provide or invite a person to provide, or make available property or financial or other related services," to any of these groups.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Took the bastards long enough. Of course this only means their government are nothing more than an Antifa conspiracy now. Though I didn't realise the sweet summer pride bois had any influence in Canadia.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I read the title of this thread and tears came to my eyes: I really must get to the dentist and have this toothache sorted out.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Atomwaffen definitely shouldn’t have been on there well before the Proud Boys

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I personally would categorize Proud Boys and such as hoodlums. Putting them in the same category as ISIS is just ridiculous. Reads more like a political statement than actual security analysis.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I personally would categorize Proud Boys and such as hoodlums. Putting them in the same category as ISIS is just ridiculous. Reads more like a political statement than actual security analysis.
Hoodlums that did a lot of planning to overthrowing the capital, and those in charge that let them do what they want that day. They used fear, intimidation, and the strong eat the flesh of weak mindset. And none of the motherfuckers wanna take full responsibility despite the evidence clear as day. They may be thundering dumbasses, but just because you're a terrorist does not make you some mastermind or shadowy threatening figure. Terrorists can and many are a group of thundering dumb asses. Some smarter than others, but theatening people of your country or different countries/religion/race to get what you want is terrorism. No if, maybes, or buts. Keep in mind that them and several other hardcore Trump/Q-Anon fanatics came in their with the attempt to kill and blow up the fucking capital! Thankfully, none of their bombs went off and were found. They're terrorists as far as I'm concerned and anyone with any logical sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted20220709

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
*cough*

Last edited:

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Hoodlums that did a lot of planning to overthrowing the capital, and those in charge that let them do what they want that day. They used fear, intimidation, and the strong eat the flesh of weak mindset. And none of the motherfuckers wanna take full responsibility despite the evidence clear as day. They may be thundering dumbasses, but just because you're a terrorist does not make you some mastermind or shadowy threatening figure. Terrorists can and many are a group of thundering dumb asses. Some smarted than others, but theatening people of your country or different countries/religion/race to get what you want is terrorism. No if, maybes, or buts. Keep in mind that them and several other hardcore Trump/Q-Anon fanatics came in their with the attempt to kill and blow up the fucking capital! Thankfully, none of their bombs went off and were found. They're terrorists as far as I'm concerned and anyone with any logical sense.
I saw a lot of vandalism and a doofus dressed like a shaman and other people who all looked very marginalized. For sure they are hoodlums but the aim of terrorists is to terrorize and to make as many civilian casualties as possible to influence public opinion and alter people's behavior. That has never been the aim of Proud Boys as far as I know. Just a lot of big words and demonstrations that got out of control. How many people have they actually killed? Now, compare that to ISIS.

Inflating the term 'terrorism' really won't do anyone any favors.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's not a inflating term if it's true. I don't care how ridiculous and or whatever stupid jargon comes out of their mouth, they are terrorists. Just because they are not ISIS, does not make them any less of a terrorist than them. Just because no large amount of lives were lost, does it make it any less true of what they did or what they are. Do not downplay them with a different term, that is something they want. We are a huge disagreement sir. You cannot tell me otherwise.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
The definition of "terrorism" doesn't really factor the numbers or success rate of such groups.

Is "hoodlum" even a legal term?
Now, compare that to ISIS.
Compare IRA, RAF, Golden Dawn, Tamil Tigers, Al-Qaeda etc. to ISIS. Suddenly all these groups doesn't seem as "worthy" to be deemed terrorists either, by your measure. But of course, you're measuring against a practical war-mongering state.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I saw a lot of vandalism and a doofus dressed like a shaman and other people who all looked very marginalized. For sure they are hoodlums but the aim of terrorists is to terrorize and to make as many civilian casualties as possible to influence public opinion and alter people's behavior. That has never been the aim of Proud Boys as far as I know. Just a lot of big words and demonstrations that got out of control. How many people have they actually killed? Now, compare that to ISIS.

I posted this in another thread

So, what I saw was a group of individuals who were already armed, who met at the capitol at a preordained that was BEFORE Trump actually said we're going to march to the Capitol, and a group whose members were barking out flanking orders and led their members into Breaching the Building.

Who (by their own recorded evidence) were at the front line of almost every breaching point.

Who (again by their own recorded evidence) were found yelling "Let's take the f---ing capitol" and "Is this your house? Take it!".

Who roamed the halls, calling for Nancy Pelosi to "come out and play".

Who said "Next time, we come armed".

Spraying Painting is Vandalism. But if ypu Spray Paint something like "N-word, go back to Africa", that's a hate crime.

Such as Breaking Windows can be Vandalism. But if you Break a Window into a federally protected building (which is already a felony), and then roam the halls looking for people to hang, to harass, or to hold up a duly appointed process of Government? Way Passed Vandalism at this point. Terrorism fits.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
It's not a inflating term if it's true. I don't care how ridiculous and or whatever stupid jargon comes out of their mouth, they are terrorists. Just because they are not ISIS, does not make them any less of a terrorist than them. Just because no large amount of lives were lost, does it make it any less true of what they did or what they are. Do not downplay them with a different term, that is something they want. We are a huge disagreement sir. You cannot tell me otherwise.
Other than vandalizing the capitol what other acts of 'terrorism' have they ever committed then? They weren't even the only ones at that riot. Are conspiracy loons then terrorists as well? Not saying these are nice people or anything but like I said; the purpose of terrorism is to terrorize and make as many civilian casualties as possible to alter people's behavior. Proud Boys in no way seems to fit that profile and calling them 'terrorists' only serves to downplay actual terrorists like indeed IS or AQ.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Not saying these are nice people or anything but like I said; the purpose of terrorism is to terrorize and make as many civilian casualties as possible to alter people's behavior.
Are large civilian casualties necessary to classify? Some organisations which are widely recognised as terrorist tended to target public buildings etc, including empty ones, sometimes even providing advance warnings for workers to evacuate. The purpose being to cause fear & undermine the functions of the agencies which used those buildings, but not necessarily to kill personnel.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Other than vandalizing the capitol what other acts of 'terrorism' have they ever committed then? They weren't even the only ones at that riot. Are conspiracy loons then terrorists as well? Not saying these are nice people or anything but like I said; the purpose of terrorism is to terrorize and make as many civilian casualties as possible to alter people's behavior. Proud Boys in no way seems to fit that profile and calling them 'terrorists' only serves to downplay actual terrorists like indeed IS or AQ.
They are terrorists; end of discussion. The evidence speaks for itself. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not is a "you" problem. I am disappointed and I find this surprising coming from you. Enough of this technicality bullcrap, they are terrorists. I don't care for your pathetic terms or definitions.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The definition of "terrorism" doesn't really factor the numbers or success rate of such groups.

Is "hoodlum" even a legal term?

Compare IRA, RAF, Golden Dawn, Tamil Tigers, Al-Qaeda etc. to ISIS. Suddenly all these groups doesn't seem as "worthy" to be deemed terrorists either, by your measure. But of course, you're measuring against a practical war-mongering state.
I posted this in another thread

So, what I saw was a group of individuals who were already armed, who met at the capitol at a preordained that was BEFORE Trump actually said we're going to march to the Capitol, and a group whose members were barking out flanking orders and led their members into Breaching the Building.

Who (by their own recorded evidence) were at the front line of almost every breaching point.

Who (again by their own recorded evidence) were found yelling "Let's take the f---ing capitol" and "Is this your house? Take it!".

Who roamed the halls, calling for Nancy Pelosi to "come out and play".

Who said "Next time, we come armed".

Spraying Painting is Vandalism. But if ypu Spray Paint something like "N-word, go back to Africa", that's a hate crime.

Such as Breaking Windows can be Vandalism. But if you Break a Window into a federally protected building (which is already a felony), and then roam the halls looking for people to hang, to harass, or to hold up a duly appointed process of Government? Way Passed Vandalism at this point. Terrorism fits.
Thank you both. You as well @Silvanus & @Gethsemani.

Last edited: