Canadian Court Confiscates Wii, Terror Suspect Asks For Jail

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I can already see it before my eyes: Bin Laden and this guy happely playing Wii Sports while his kids are nagging.
Anyway, yea it's stupid, just disconnect his internet connection.

mcswift

Jul 27, 2008
Accomplish anything useful with that web browser? I'd like to see him try.

Also, Canada as much less stringently codified laws of personal privilege when it comes to issues of 'extra-territoriality'. I cannot remember the specific term for it, but the Canadian Prime Minister (assuming he is backed by a majority in Parliament--something not all that uncommon)has the ability to invoke some clause that effectively gives him the power of martial law for a year on any issue of his choosing.

It has never been used, but the fact that there is that ability (especially with the occasional baby eater, Stephen Harper) is scary enough.

These days, CSIS has an equally bad reputation for some unscrupulous acts as the CIA.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
deathsong17 said:
You don't even have access to the browser if you don't buy it. Just delete shop channel and problem solved.
Or you could just not hook it up to the internet in the first place. This makes no sense whatsoever. If he isn't allowed the internet then fine but the Wii can work just fine without it and if he doesn't have the internet in his house in the first place what is the problem?

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
RebelRising said:
Between this and Call off Duty 5 curing the Rabbi of Naziphobia, I can't help but wonder if maybe console gaming can finally mediate peace in the Middle East...

/pondering
Yes, maybe one day those damn Virginians will settle down...