Canadian Freedom Fighters and Godzilla in Hell- Top 10 Comic Books of July 2015

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Canadian Freedom Fighters and Godzilla in Hell- Top 10 Comic Books of July 2015

America invades Canada, Godzilla goes to Hell, and Lando Calrissian plays a con in this month's comics round-up.

Read Full Article

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
What? No love for Archie #1?
Anyway, a personal rec is The Terror of the Punks: A Horror Comic, a story that image did in conjunction with the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, and sets out to break every single rule in the Comics Code Authority. It does so in glorious fashion.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't normally read comics, but I want to read We Stand on Guard. Being a Canadian and all...

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
I don't normally read comics, but I want to read We Stand on Guard. Being a Canadian and all...
Even just being an American/Canadian half-breed I found that it stirred up feelings of patriotism in my chest.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Wait there are comics where we finally put an end to Canada as well as Godzilla comics? Take all my money!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
I did too, but then I saw the art and I recoiled in horror. That only leaves Wolf for me, which I might give a bash when the first trade of that comes out.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Objectable said:
Anyway, a personal rec is The Terror of the Punks: A Horror Comic, a story that image did in conjunction with the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, and sets out to break every single rule in the Comics Code Authority. It does so in glorious fashion.
I was very close to checking out Archie #1, but circumstances conspired against me this month. Might check it out for a future round-up though. Was it any good?

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Fanghawk said:
Objectable said:
I was very close to checking out Archie #1, but circumstances conspired against me this month. Might check it out for a future round-up though. Was it any good?
Loved it. Its a reboot done right; taking the core of what made the series work (namley: Wacky hijinks with a large dash of relationship drama) and updates it to modern times. Plus, it has Fiona Staples on art, and she's one of the best out there right now.
I also suggest the Jem and the Holograms comic.