Canadian Government Stands Firm Against Zombies

Di-Dorval

Jan 11, 2012
Well this talk is because of the disaster exercise that happened in Québec and Alberta that was zombie themed. Every one is so mad about it on my facebook saying its a waste of tax payer money without understanding that the exercise would have happened anyways and that the theme dosn't change much cost wise... It just made the whole thing more popular. It's good publicity imo.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Agow95 said:
For some reason I actually want a zombie outbreak now just so I can see what the hell the governments of the world would do. I just think they'll nuke everything into dust.
Canada doesn't have Nukes. We'd politely ask the Zombies to stay out.
I thought every Canadian was half bear?
Couldn't you just use your bear powers to keep them out?

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
To make an actual serious point. If a country has so few problems that Parliament is laid back enough to waste its time having a debate on the threat of a Zombie apocalypse, then that country must be a pretty fucking nice place to live. Emigrating to Canada has always been an option for me in the back of my mind once I'm through Uni here in the UK, and believe it or not something like this actually makes me think about it on a more serious and immediate level.
There's a hell of a lot of stuff they should be working on, my theory is that since we are so close to America our government looks as efficient as a perpetual motion machine when compared. Not to say our country isn't awesome

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
All it would take for an outbreak like this to take place is a fast-acting, airborne rabies variant. CDC, don't let me down!

Wastelandhustla

Apr 25, 2012
lol Best thing ive ever heard from Baird. conservatives are still not getting my vote (this coming from a guy born in Calgary)

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Oh NDP. Thanks for keeping things light hearted but I still won't vote for you.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
*facepalm* half bears and anti-zombie measures. Yep, this is one example as to why we're not taken seriously up here.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I gotta give that guy credit for coming up with that "dead-icated" line on the spot. This was a good watch and it made me smile, who would have ever thought politicians could do that?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Good thing i only live about a 2-hour drive from the canadian border then. First thing i hear about some guy eating another's face i'm leaving this place behind.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Thanks Mr. Baird, I am releived to know that you are doing everything you can to make sure all Canadians are safe from a zombie outbreak. LOL! XD

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Agow95 said:
For some reason I actually want a zombie outbreak now just so I can see what the hell the governments of the world would do. I just think they'll nuke everything into dust.
Canada doesn't have Nukes. We'd politely ask the Zombies to stay out.
We do actually, they just aren't assembled or currently armed. In the even of an actual nuclear war it would take us roughly 15-20 minutes to become a nuclear power. Though granted all our gear is outdated and meant to counter rather than attack. We have a small yield air-to-air nuclear missile of all things.

OT: I love seeing the government working together on something for a change. Though I am looking forward to seeing my provincial zombie plan, which is due out soon:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/Quebec+prepare+zombie+attack/7953493/story.html

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Foolish Canadians, everyone knows that a cold place would be the worst place to hole up against a zombie attack since it would reduce their rate of decay.
Your best bet would be to go somewhere obscenely hot and humid like Florida. The zombies would crumble before your eyes.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Souplex said:
Foolish Canadians, everyone knows that a cold place would be the worst place to hole up against a zombie attack since it would reduce their rate of decay.
Your best bet would be to go somewhere obscenely hot and humid like Florida. The zombies would crumble before your eyes.
But the cold would slow them significantly, if not freeze them all together.

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
dagens24 said:
Souplex said:
But the cold would slow them significantly, if not freeze them all together.
Also, taking cover from zombies only to be surrounded by floridiots. I'll take my chances with Canadian Bear-Zombies.

OT: Canada must be the most chill place on earth if that's what their parliament can afford to do. I know where i'm spending my future now.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
This man is a necroist. He is clearly trying to score political points against a group those who cannot possibly voice their opinion, or defend themselves in court.