Cancel a TV show and renew another

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Cancel any old shit, bring back Firefly, then cancel it before the first episode is broadcast just for shits and giggles. If its not obvious I am the only person in the world not to have watched Firefly and I feel I am missing out and it manfiests itself in spite.

I am undecided on whether to watch it or not, is it better to have loved and lost? I wonder if the anguish caused by it only running for one season outweighs the pleasure of watching it?

OT: Get rid of literally any show on American TV and bring back King of the Hill.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
dalek sec said:
SovietX said:
The Hills, Glee, Gossip Girl, actually just all of those stupid fucking shows with no plot, terrible acting and characters that I would love to see under the wheel of my car.

In return, Pokemon (Season 1), Futurama and Burn Notice.
Um Burn Notice is coming back for atleast another two seasons just so you know. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_notice
Oh snap. Well I havn't seen it on tv for a while so I assumed. Australian tv is awful so I guessed they got rid of it.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
bahumat42 said:
toriver said:
Goodbye:
Jersey Shore
Moonlight
Grey's Anatomy
Desperate Housewives
Anything currently still being developed by Nickelodeon aside from Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents

Welcome Back:
Firefly
Arrested Development
Boston Legal
(Denny Crane was one of Shatner's finest roles)
Scrubs (as in, new episodes and not just syndication)
And this may sound weird, but...
Pinky and the Brain (that show was pure comedy GOLD for all ages!)
good picks, well aside from scrubs, i thought s9 was a bit dodgy tbh (shame because i used to love it)

and why would you not want animaniacs (which had pinky and the brain bits) instead.

<youtube=tYwyODsQ7do> (first clip i could find with intro bit)
Trust me, I loved Animaniacs as well, and would be perfectly happy seeing that back, too, but I figured I would go with the one that aired not only during kids' cartoon blocks but also on prime-time network TV.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
SovietX said:
Oh snap. Well I havn't seen it on tv for a while so I assumed. Australian tv is awful so I guessed they got rid of it.
Yep so unless it really tanks we have atleast two more seasons for this show. :D

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Cancel Family Guy (it stopped being funny after season six) and replace it with Flash Forward.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Cancel: Every Seth Mcfarlane show, Jersey Shore/Kardashian type shows etc. in exchange for...

Well actually that's about all I'd want :p

I'm one of the few people that doesn't mind about Firefly. Yes it should've lasted longer for being an amazing show, but we got Serenity which was incredibly lucky and a great film. I'm fine with 14 perfect episodes.

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
Say goodbye to Jersey shore, hello Firefly. While we're at it, cancel the Cleveland show and bring back Greg the Bunny

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
I don't actually watch that much in the way of broadcasts. The few TV shows I do watch I download, so I don't actually know what garbage is on TV now, which could be better used for something quality.

imudkip

Nov 20, 2009
TioShard said:
imudkip said:
The rules are simple: tell us a TV show you would like cancelled and another show that you would like renewed.

I'll start. I want to see Glee cancelled and Misfits renewed.

Go.
I thought Misfits had been renewed for a 3rd season?

As for me. Cancel any show on TV at the moment. Renew Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Sorry, I guess I wasn't really being clear. By renew I meant giving a show another season or reviving a cancelled show.

If I could revive a cancelled show, I'd probably pick Arrested Development.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
goodbye hollyoaks

hello Father Ted

obviously i'd only allow this to go ahead if there was any possible way to re-animate Dermot Morgan

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Cancel Corner gas,jersey shore,million dollar money drop,glee, deal or no deal, all dancing shows, all singing shows, all talent shows, all drug addict, hoarder, Dwarfism, Obesity, rich housewife, over the top party planning for kid shows,

and Renew a season of the Xfiles that is all individual episodes and less of the " plot" stuff.Triple production of big bang theory, and make it law to ban reality tv.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Cancel- Stargate: Universe
Renew- Stargate: Atlantis

...:mad:

OH! And if I get a second one (and it's a close second):
Cancel- Glee
Renew- Boston Legal