Cancelcon

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Nah man, you just suddenly turned pro-cancelling
Yoshi was "cancelled" for directly contacting the admin of a website via his Facebook page and harassing him.

Greg Patton, for instance, was removed from teaching because he used the word "ne'ga" in a language class (pointing out that "ne'ga" is to Mandarin what "um" is to English), and some people thought he used a certain similar word, and that regardless of his intent, he caused "mental anguish" to certain individuals.

One of these things isn't like the other.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Banning someone in order to punish off-site behavior sets a worrying precedent. What if Nick decided to ban you based on your posts on Twitter, Facebook, or Reddit?

I kid.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yoshi was "cancelled" for directly contacting the admin of a website via his Facebook page and harassing him.

Greg Patton, for instance, was removed from teaching because he used the word "ne'ga" in a language class (pointing out that "ne'ga" is to Mandarin what "um" is to English), and some people thought he used a certain similar word, and that regardless of his intent, he caused "mental anguish" to certain individuals.

One of these things isn't like the other.
Using one example to smear everything else is just beautiful. The most beautiful

Yes, there are deimfite problems with cancel culture. No, banning Yoshi is definitely cancel culture. A whole bunch of people piled onto someone because they didn't like what they said. It's just one you agree with
You wanna talk to Yoshi that badly, he's over at Easy Allies. FTR, no one likes him there much either. Double so for B-Cell.
I don't disagree with Nick. I'm not searching out for Yoshi

I'm pointing out that Cancel Culture always has existed and from so many different demographics. We participate in our own version (sure its not on Twitter, but their literally deplatformed.) which means we were way more effective than most cancelling campaigns

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Personally I've always hated the arrogance of celebrities. These people actually think they deserve to have their voices heard - that in a world of 7.5+ billion, their voices deserve special consideration and attention.

Reactions: BrawlMan

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
A whole bunch of people piled onto someone because they didn't like what they said. It's just one you agree with
People on the forums had gripes with Yoshi for a while, but that's not why he was cancelledbanned.

Reactions: BrawlMan