Cancelled Natal Game Was Hand Puppet Brawler

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
such a shame it was canned, it looked good, not as good to buy the motion sensor just for it though

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Pingieking said:
As several people have noted, the "canned due to the requirement of 'very precise pattern recognition from the Natal system'" line isn't very assuring.
I thought so too, but it could have been that to program the game for such precise movements would have been the challenge, rather than Natal not being capable. It's not really clear.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Aw, man. This requires one of those emoticons that have like a face that is so sad it's drooping and stuff.

Jan 23, 2009
So all the actions that Natal is going to be able to recognise is big movements? Like with the EyE-toy?

SKIPPED

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Pingieking said:
As several people have noted, the "canned due to the requirement of 'very precise pattern recognition from the Natal system'" line isn't very assuring.
I thought so too, but it could have been that to program the game for such precise movements would have been the challenge, rather than Natal not being capable. It's not really clear.
Well, if it got canned, then it probably means that the tech is either so difficult to do that it's not worth any possible returns of the tech (perhaps even impossible to do), or the company that canned the project doesn't have the resources to pursue the project.

Either way, I think it's unlikely that the tech required for this game to show up on Natal anytime soon. No matter though, since this is new tech and it always take a few years for software to fully catch up to new hardware.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Damm that game sounded like a lot of fun, and the bit about Natal not being able to recognise fine movement is really sad... means it wont be worth buying.

Apr 28, 2008
Wait, so one of Natal's features is that its incredibly precise, but it can't handle this game because the actions are "too precise"?

I'm not sure if its Natal's limitations, or programming the motions into the game was just to much work. Either way, not a good sign.

are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
I'm hoping that something like Warioware comes along for Natal. That'd be awesome.
Same here.

That game was suprisingly fun.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Pingieking said:
Yeah I was going to say, as much as I'd like to say "ha, Natal isn't as great as they said" it can't really be discerned from this what the problem actually was.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That looked...really entertaining. Even cooler would be a full-body brawler. Like DDR, but instead of making silly dance moves, you kick and punch the shit out of all kinds of baddies.

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
Arkedo is a great little developer. I really like Big Bang Mini.
It was designed specifically for the DS and they packed so much into it.
Natal could use guys that are able to utilize a system's unique controls so well.
Haven't played their other game on the DS yet, but this story makes me want to go get it.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
The game sounds like it would be a pain in the arse (hand) to play.

I predict that Natal will allow players of online FPS games to give the finger to each other ingame in a far more realistic fashion...

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
If this is the sort of title that is canceled, then what wil actually be released for the Natal must be solid gold.

Actually, that sounds like a clever game idea. Hopefully someone will make it anyway.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
While this is an interesting concept this does sound like one of those games you would get bored of in a few hours. I guess it would funny to flip the bird at the screen and actually have it do something, but how much entertainment can you get out of that?

Tribar42

Jan 14, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
While this is an interesting concept this does sound like one of those games you would get bored of in a few hours. I guess it would funny to flip the bird at the screen and actually have it do something, but how much entertainment can you get out of that?
about three hour MAX

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Tribar42 said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
about three hour MAX
I'd say about 1 and a half since i already pull the finger at my tv sometimes.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
"canned due to the requirement of "very precise pattern recognition from the Natal system""

That doesn't sound good, although it does sound in line with what the evil journalists were reporting all the way back at Natal's reveal. I still think Natal's going to be a complete bust, lack of feedback combined with the need to move exactly as the developers (and not your body) intend you to. Like a Wiimote but needing even more space and humiliation.