Cancelled Natal Game Was Hand Puppet Brawler

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I wasn't going to buy the Natal anyway. Now I see the actual limitations of its gameplay and I'm glad I won't be touching it.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
French company makes a game called "Two-Finger Heros"

British population, at least the ones who know there history, die from laughter.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
"canned due to the requirement of "very precise pattern recognition from the Natal system""

That doesn't sound good, although it does sound in line with what the evil journalists were reporting all the way back at Natal's reveal. I still think Natal's going to be a complete bust, lack of feedback combined with the need to move exactly as the developers (and not your body) intend you to. Like a Wiimote but needing even more space and humiliation.
Unless they make a Colin 'Bomber' Harris vs. Colin 'Bomber' Harris Simulator.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Unless they make a Colin 'Bomber' Harris vs. Colin 'Bomber' Harris Simulator.
Not sure how it would handle the strawberry whip, the vanilla whip and the chocolate whip. Might give you a public warning...

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Hubilub said:
I doubt it would work that good anyway.

Actually, I think it would be crap.

Then again, I'm always pessimistic about these things. Ever since the Eye Toy frustrated me to no end when I was a kid.

[sub]Stupid thing sucks...[/sub]
The whole concept sucks. I much prefer the PS3 Motion Controller. Looks like what a Wii should be -.-

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Jaranja said:
Hubilub said:
I doubt it would work that good anyway.

Actually, I think it would be crap.

Then again, I'm always pessimistic about these things. Ever since the Eye Toy frustrated me to no end when I was a kid.

[sub]Stupid thing sucks...[/sub]
The whole concept sucks. I much prefer the PS3 Motion Controller. Looks like what a Wii should be -.-
I think you underestimate the Wii hardware.
Then again, I've yet to see a dev use it properly.
But from evaluation of the raw output, combined with what some hackers have managed to demonstrate, I'd say motionPlus isn't too far removed from what the tech demo for the PS3 controller showed.

Still, it's a moot point if nobody can be bothered to use it effectively.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Pingieking said:
As several people have noted, the "canned due to the requirement of 'very precise pattern recognition from the Natal system'" line isn't very assuring.
I thought so too, but it could have been that to program the game for such precise movements would have been the challenge, rather than Natal not being capable. It's not really clear.
i saw them say this and the other excuse of hand gestures and localization. i think it's a damning thing towards Natal and how it will be more like the EyeToy than anything else.

i wonder if more developers will say similar things as time goes on. i guess we will have to wait and see. it almost seems like a case of "i told you so" to everyone who doubted it would be like the EyeToy