Canine Chorus Barks Out Flawless Star Wars Tune in Costume

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Some of the dogs are costumed, but I don't think they all are. I distinctly see, Chewy, an Ewok, C-3PO, Darth Vader and a few others. Great commercial, though. There's going to be another one featured during the Super Bowl? Yet another reason I watch the commercials more that the actual game.

xXxJessicaxXx said:
I was too busy staring at the little Ewok doggy in the bottom corner O.O

Mother of God

the cuteness!

It's just edited video I'm sure but very well done :)
Yeah, I think the video is edited, too. I swear I see minor skips looking at the dogs. But, yes, it is very well done. This is officially my favorite Star Wars themed commercial, featuring dogs, trying to sell cars.

edstarmd

Apr 10, 2011
The ?final list to identify which character each dog represents:

Top row: C3PO, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Stormtrooper

Middle row: R2D2, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Vader

Bottow row: Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Wicket/Ewok

And the obvious AT-AT walks in.

Thanks Guys.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Now this is how you make a good Star Wars related advert unlike the recent Vodafone advert with Yoda.
I saw that ad and I was sickened, that CGI Yoda must be some kind of imposter, the Yoda I remember would never be a corporate shill, greed is just another path to the dark side right? No true Jedi would be in an advert, for anything.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
That is the best thing I've ever seen.

Ever.

And now I'm sad...

[sub]My dog died a few days ago.[/sub]
I know how you feel. I lost my dog, Sadie, a week ago. She contracted a terrible virus that caused her to suffer kidney and liver failure, and after a day of treatment without signs of getting any better, we had to euthanize her with a lethal injection.

Anyway, that video is great. The AT-AT dog at the end really takes the cake.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sucal said:
Always imagined the series! Really? Imagining the green mentor who took on the biggest evil badass in star wars history being a coughing pansy who struggled just to lift a star fighter? Not to mention Anakins loser son, who was supposedly proud of shooting whump rats at the age his father was building droids, seducing princesses and fighting in an intergalactic war.
Not to mention, the punk kid was supposed to be super powerful, but he couldn't even get close to lifting the X-Wing.

Anakin was having psychic dreams, but Luke was barely able to reach out to his own SISTER, who was also supposed to be powerful in the force.

And what's with Obi-Wan aging like fifty years between movies? That Alec whatshisname is going nowhere.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
keideki said:
My prediction:

VW, in conjunction with Lucas are releasing a special edition VW for the 3D re-release of the Phantom Menace. The car will be themed after Darth Vader.
But if it's themed after Vader, and based on a prequel, the car would have to be made of cardboard.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
keideki said:
My prediction:

VW, in conjunction with Lucas are releasing a special edition VW for the 3D re-release of the Phantom Menace. The car will be themed after Darth Vader.
But if it's themed after Vader, and based on a prequel, the car would have to be made of cardboard.
Either that or it would have to be a really whiny and unlikable car. Like the anti-herbie.

Hasido

Jun 20, 2011
reminds me of that one katamari song. you know, the one sung by dogs, cats, and whatnot

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
keideki said:
Either that or it would have to be a really whiny and unlikable car. Like the anti-herbie.
Or possibly two-dimensional, but forced into 3D to pretend there's some value.

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
keideki said:
Or possibly two-dimensional, but forced into 3D to pretend there's some value.
M.C. Escher has to design this car, is what we're saying.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
This is better than all the prequels! Thankfully Lucas retired so he's not messing with these dogs.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
LetalisK said:
I don't know why, but it looked kinda fake to me. Something just felt off.
I imagine they would have recorded/films each dog induvidually then spliced and editited it together to get the result

theres no way you could cor-ordinate somthing like that....right?