Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Oh your fucking kidding me!!!" Rias snapped as the creature spouted two heads from the stump "If i live through this I'm gonna kill whom ever made this thing" she hissed converting the bow to a pair of forearm mounted blades on her right arm, figuring she would be the next target, before noticing the arrow still in its hip.

Alright ugly, lets see how well you regenerate below the neck she thought, as she clenched her left hand into a fist, signaling the energy in the arrow to destabilize and explode.

catchpa: toe the line, how appropriate ....

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"Shit!"

As the creature's neck lashed forward, James hurled himself to the side, grunting as his body rolled across the sandy floor of the arena. Springing to his feet, he watched in surprise as Phoenix took the blow that was meant for him, reducing his shield to scrap in the process. Huh. Didn't expect that.

Then again, James also wasn't expecting their foe to suddenly sprout a pair of heads after ripping off its original one. Grimacing, the thug backed away a few paces, watching as his allies pelted the bizarre beast with blow after blow. Though they certainly weren't lacking in enthusiasm, the other party members weren't exactly powerhouses; their attacks, at least from James' perspective, seemed to do little more than annoy the Hydra, its twin jaws hissing in rage as energy arrows and lead pipes assailed it.

Tch, they really went all out, didn't they? Hydra's weren't exactly common creatures. Big, ugly, and mean as hell, they were often the subject of local legends and scary stories; they weren't supposed to be cooped up in places like this to be used for target practice!

Still, when the going gets tough... Gritting his teeth, James charged forward, fists clenched and thoughts racing. Ducking as Mr. Bom's pipe whistled past overhead, the vagabond snaked through the weaving necks and mouthfuls of fangs, advancing until he found himself pressed against the beast's scaly hide. With little else to do, James began to circle around the creature, bobbing, weaving, and rolling about to avoid its massive limbs.

As he strafed and moved, the thug showered a series of flickering punches into his foe; by canceling the force the hide exerted on his hands, James ensured that his fists would remain undamaged while reducing the Hydra's resistance to almost nil.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio had been observing quietly for a while, uncharacteristic due to his outward appearance, but it gave him just a little intel. The creature was obviously powerful, but if he could land clear behind it, he would be fine and could avoid the tail.

Fromanzio surveyed his surroundings, he had allowed the others to attack the monster first, a lesson he had learned the hard way from barrelling into situations. The creature was similar to a hydra, which would mean that body attacks would be the most effective. With it now preoccupied with his allies, Fromanzio saw his opening and took it. He made a mad dash at it jumping clean over the creature, knives thrown at its necks. As he landed, he tossed about four grenades, two flame and two high explosive. ?Hahahahahahohohohoheueheu. Burn! Burn and dance for Fromanzio! Hahaha!?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Head number two was slightly hit to the side as Mr.Bom hit it, the head retaliated by smacking Mr.Bom, using its neck like a whip. Mr.Bom flew past the group and smacked of a boulder before bouncing over it, this caused his left shoulder to break.

Head number one was still starring at Rias, it decided as the originals head approach didn't work, so it picked up a boulder in its jaw and dost it at Rias.

The beasts body received slight bruising from James's punches, so it lifted its self up on its hind legs and then started crashing down with its front claw aimed at James, but before it could finish its attack, fromanzio's knives and grenades hit the beast's neck and body, while the grenades did some damage, the force of the high explosive grenades caused both of the neck to splatter. The body crashed down next to james, were it started growing four new heads, the fire on its back also quickly extinguished, though it left some burned and weakened skin behind.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias lept out of the way of the boulder and taking quick stock of where she was in relating to the torches, reforming the blades into a javelin, while converting the fire of the lit torch above and behind her into energy.

she had a few choice words when she saw more heads sprouting, but continued her attack

she put the full of her strength in to this throw, aiming to bury the javelin on the creatures body and let to do some heavy internal damage.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William had finally caught his breath he saw that the beast now had 4 heads. NO this makes it even harder to fight him. William began walking back without putting his dented helmet back on.
"Everyone listen up! When you cut of an head you have to burn the wound shut or else another 2 heads will grow. But when you burn it shut there won´t grow any new heads. So Chop of their heads then burn the wound shut!"
William grabbed a torch from the wall and began approaching the hydra making allot of noise and using his power to create a smoke screen. Hoping to distract it so maybe the crazy guy could use his bombs again.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom sat in a dazed heap. He looked down at the cane, bent in two by the impact. It wasn't until he found himself unable to pick it up, that he realised there was a problem with his shoulder. He dragged himself to his feet, and leant against the wall for support.

William was shouting something about burning the monster. Bom staggered over to a torch and tried picking it up. The pain in his shoulder told him that wouldn't work. He takes the torch in his off hand and holds it between his teeth. With his back to the wall, he starts skirting the edge of the arena, trying to get to the beast's flank without being noticed.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire reached the top of her hastily crafted stairs then returned to the battle - now with more heads. It shocked her - how could a creature be capable of regrowing multiple heads? She heard Williams shouts of a plan, but she found herself unable to help in either aspect - she could not cut of heads or cauterize wounds with her powers.

There were however other things she could do to help. Grabbing a handful of sand and gravel from the ground, she opened a rift leading toward of of the monsters heads in hopes of blinding it.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
James leaped back, feet a blur as he dodged the monster's newly sprouted heads. "Oh, now that's just not fair!"

"...So Chop of their heads then burn the wound shut!"

As it stood, Phoenix's plan was the best shot they had at taking this thing down; if only there was something he could do to help with it. Punching really wasn't of much use when you needed to cut or burn something.

Still, there was no way in hell that he was going to just sit back and let everyone else carry the fight. Eyes following the numerous necks, heads, and legs, James charged back into the fray, hurling a flurry of blows towards the Hydra's body. If nothing else, he might be able to serve as an able distraction.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The beasts head coiled back as their eyes were filled with dust, the two heads on the right decided to follow the noise being made by William and struck in his general area, the two heads smashed into the ground narrowly missing him. The two heads on the left focused on James as he started punching it again, they both thudded into the ground behind him, then the javlin thrown by rias flew between the two heads and struck the weakened area of flesh that james was previously punching. The javlin was stuck deep in the creatures body, at this point the creature let out a roar of pain as it started backing away into gate it came from.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias heard William's plan but also noticed the creature was backing away.

she thought on this a few moments and decided 'if we don't have to kill it then why kill it, let some one else be its executioner'.

she formed two more javelins, and aimed for the general body area letting them fly one after the other, intent on hastening the creatures retreat, failing that, her attacks could provide an opening for some one to use.

after throwing the javelins, she bolted to the nearest lit torch to convert it to energy should she require more

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
"A smokescreen? Glorious! Simply glorious! Fromanzio is ever so pleased with the leader's flames."

With another distraction availible, Fromanzio saw what might be his last chance to finish this. He tossed his entire pack full of grenades, fifteen in all, an assortment of explosive and flame. "Burn! Burn for Fromanzio! Dance! Haahahahahahahahahhaha."

The jester saw little he could do after that, and retreated, laughing all the way. Fromanzio ran with a surprising speed, leaping and jumping until he was on the wall, watching the creature. At his distance, if a head did snap at him, he could easily dodge it and kill said head with a knife.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The spears hitting the beast body cause it to semi retread into the gate, but then the pack of explosives collided with the creature. There was a great wall of fire, smoke and dust for a couple of seconds before the end result of the bombs could be seen. The gate and area around the gate had collapsed on the beasts body, the partially burned neck stumps result is malformed heads sticking out of the beast as its began to more slowly and slowly flail around till the beast finally stopped moving.

Type: chimera hydra
origin: man made
abilities:
1. head regrowth and multiplication
2. fire resistance
3. high intelligance
description: this creature is the result of the combined effort of animancers, necromancers and carnomancers (flesh magic), this was the second of its kind. ??? (further information yet to be obtained).

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
"Son of a!" James cried out as his body was hurled through the air, pain lancing through his body as rock and searing hot shrapnel buried into his flesh. The situation only worsened when a small avalanche of dust and debris, knocked loose by Fromanzio's assault, buried him.

Greaaaaaaaat ...I'm going to have to kill that clown someday, aren't I?

Doing his best to fight the burning pain, the thug tried to lift himself from the ruins of the collapsed gate, only to find that the sheer amount of rubble had pinned him to the ground. After coughing out a mouthful of dust, James took as deep a breath as he could manage, before weakly crying out. "Little help?"

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom spat out the torch and stepped forward. He wafted away the smoke and dust with his one good arm. After surveying the destruction, he took a moment to congratulate himself on doing such such an excellent job of winning the battle.

"What do we do next?"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William walked over to the site where the beast had just been blown up. He looked really impressed.
That clown might be a cruel crazy person. But at least he knows how to handle how weapons.
Wait is that James? Is he stuck? I think he is stuck..

William began to walk over to James."Here let me give you a hand."
He began to dig James out of the pile of rubble. "Are you okay? Do you have any injuries?"
After removing enough rocks he stood up and grabs James arm. And pulled with all of his might.
Still being cautious he wouldn't break his arm.

"What do we do next?"
"Well I think it would be smart too ask about our performance. And before that visit the healers for the injured people."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias shot the laughing lunatic a pointed look, before going over to the rubble to dig the man out.

getting there in time to see William pull him out "he ok?" she asked out of genuine concern

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire made her way down to rejoin the others, collecting the swords as she went - no reason to leave them in the wall really. As she arrived, she saw that James was caught beneath the disabled form of the hydra. She heard Rias comment He ok?" After watching for a few seconds, it became clear he was still moving, just trapped.

"Looks like it. I'll go help him up." she said, making her way toward the hopefully quiet dead hydra. When she arrived, she said. "Give a moment and I will help you out." a few more seconds of studying the situation, and she started teleporting the rubble away, piece by piece, such that the hydra would not collapse atop the man and kill him. finally, with the combined help of Rias, William, and James (OOC: as well as anyone else who helps out) he was freed.

"Well I think it would be smart too ask about our performance. And before that visit the healers for the injured people."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
"Are you okay? Do you have any injuries?"

"Oh sure, I'm feeling great. Mr. Explodey over there chucks a few dozen grenades my way and I'm just peachy."

Even if someone had missed the sarcasm in James' voice, it would have been impossible not to hear the pain that forced him to grit his teeth, nor could they fail to note the rivulets of blood leaking from his numerous wounds. Even if he hadn't been Fromanzio's target, a blast of that size was going to have a huge radius of effect; hell, James was surprised he was still able to stand.

Resisting the urge to punch the clown's face in, James chose to focus on his small party of rescuers: "Thanks for the save; guess I owe you guys one. And yeah, healers would be nice."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
satisfied James was in good hands with William and Claire, Rias turned her attention to Mr Bom, as she recalled him taking a pretty good hit, and jogged over to check on him

"hey, you ok? hurt anywhere?" she asked when she was close enough