Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio was jumping and dancing to the music of the explosions and rubble. He found himself absorbed in his adrenaline and howling. Fromanzio leaped on top of the rubble and got on all fours, barking at where the hydra should be "Are we done? We can't be! Fromanzio was only getting started! Get up damn you! Hahahahahaha" His laughter began to slowly wind down until he got up, staring at the rubble. He turned his head, staring directly at James and seemingly sober, his voice was down a few pitches, still higher than most people's. "Oh, you are hurt. Shame, but look at it this way, Fromanzio's bombs saved you earlier, saw Fromanzio did. People can cure that, had it not been for me, you would be dead."

Within an instant however, Fromanzio's gaze became entirely focused on Rias. He quickly marched to her and quered in a menacing tone. "What was that glare? Fromanazio assumes you are not appreciative of his explosions. What a shame it would be if Fromanzio had to gut you, hang you by the rapiers and unleash the dogs. Utter shame. Remember, without Fromanzio's bombs, perhaps others would be dead. Don't ever look at Fromanzio like that again." His voice changed into his playful tone again. "Now! Let us hear the military commend Fromanzio and his compatriots for their brutal killing of a monster! And then maybe heal the injured."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"What was that glare? Fromanazio assumes you are not appreciative of his explosions. What a shame it would be if Fromanzio had to gut you, hang you by the rapiers and unleash the dogs. Utter shame. Remember, without Fromanzio's bombs, perhaps others would be dead. Don't ever look at Fromanzio like that again."

"uh huh, haven't heard that before" Rias says in a bored and unimpressed tone " that it? or did you wanna go back to trying to screw the group over by injuring more of us?" her eyes remaining locked on his "all you did was needless injury one of the our number out of what i can gather as you own preserve sense of pleasure in hurting things." she said before changing her tone "and i warn you this once, i know your kind, you can TRY, but i have broken far worse then you in my travels" she hissed as a blood red energy spike shot out of the ground with no warning, at best a half inch away from him "so do not threaten me again"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"Thanks for the save; guess I owe you guys one. And yeah, healers would be nice."
"Sure no problem what are comrades for otherwise right?" William smiled at James and then said to Claire. "Thank you for helping me get him from under the rubble I don't know what i would have done other wise."

Then he heard Risa say. "hey, you ok? hurt anywhere?" William turned around and saw that she was talking to mr.brom who had his shoulder in an really unnatural shape.Is it broken? "Oh, you are hurt. Shame, but look at it this way, Fromanzio's bombs saved you earlier, saw Fromanzio did. People can cure that, had it not been for me, you would be dead." He really is quite insane.William seemed worried and then Fromanzie turned to Rias. "What was that glare? Fromanazio assumes you are not appreciative of his explosions. What a shame it would be if Fromanzio had to gut you, hang you by the rapiers and unleash the dogs.
To which Rias responded with. "uh huh, haven't heard that before that it? or did you wanna go back to trying to screw the group over by injuring more of us?" She then used her power to threaten Fromanazio "so do not threaten me again"
"Can you hold on to James for a sec? thanks." William hadn't gotten an answer yet but knew he had to interfere if he wanted to keep his whole team alive. He ran over to the 2 arguing people.
He then said to both of them. "Take it easy they both of you please. We are all in this together, we need to work together or else we will all die. Rias would you please remove your spikes? I would like to talk to Formanzio about some ground rules regarding his explosives." William looked determent. And if Formanzio was to walk away he would run after him then grab his shoulder and command him to stop.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
A slow clapping could be heard from behind the group as the general approached, 'well done you guys didn't need help.' he said smugly, he then turned to the chimera hyrda and muddled 'I guess we will have to make two more now', he then quickly turned back to the group and said 'If you follow me, I will lead you to a animancer and then along your way to the battlefield' The general then went through the gate that the group entered from and started to lead the group down a serious of dark dank corridors.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
"hey, you ok? hurt anywhere?"

"Oh, err, fine thanks. It's just..."

Bom looked around at his shoulder, and finally saw the bone fragment bulging beneath the skin.

"-Urgh!"

Bom almost feinted with the surprise, but just about managed to hold it together.

"I, um, thank you for asking, miss."

"What was that glare? Fromanazio assumes you are not appreciative of his explosions. What a shame it would be if Fromanzio had to gut you, hang you by the rapiers and unleash the dogs."

Bom blinked. That Fromanzio isn't very nice. Talking like that to such a kind young lady! Bom wanted to give that clown a piece of his mind, but being unable to keep up with the argument going on between Fromanzio and the others, he kept quiet.

"If you follow me..."

Bom took another pained look at his shoulder. He didn't need asking twice.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias did as William asked, turning the spike into the same mist as before and bottling it, and closing the lids on all of them. "you can try William, but i doubt he'll listen, his kind never dose" she said with the same venomous tone she'd used before.

she then turn back to Mr Bom "come on, lets get you looked at by a medic" she said, her tone with him was far less hostile, though still clearly unhappy with what just happened, and walked with him out of the arena

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
"Can you hold on to James for a sec? William asked, clearly worried about the brewing storm between Rias and Fromanazio. "Thanks" he said, not waiting for her response, and ran off to break up the two. She had planned to say "Sure, but I doubt I can carry him", but she had lost her chance. Instead, she was left struggling, doing her best to hold up James.

A few moments later, the general made his second entrance, inviting them down to the healers and debriefing. "May as well go. You ready James?" she said, adjusting how he was positioned over he shoulder to make walking easier for the injured enhanced being.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio stared at the mist and laughed. She thinks I didn't see that spike coming, could have dodged easily. The leader thinks he can control me too, a foolhardy mistake he will see get him nowhere.

Fromanzio observed that William was on his right side, about to grab at him if he made any sudden movements. Rias spoke with malice and genuine distaste, how could she? Nobody ever did that to Fromanzio and lived. Is this what the mission has come to? Allowing pathetic meat heads to insult Fromanzio? This is unacceptable! She must be punished!

Fromanzio reached with his left hand and threw one of his knives underhanded to make sure William could not stop him. The knife moved so quickly that Rias did not initially even know it had been thrown, until her pony tail hit the ground, seperated from her body. "Ohohoho! See how the brutish lady looks like a man now!" Fromanzio got ready to move in case of another spike.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"May as well go. You ready James?"

James grumbled something that could be interpreted as begrudging agreement. It wasn't that he wasn't grateful for being pulled out of the rubble, but there was still something a little humiliating about being dragged to aid by a noble girl like this.

Still, if he did refuse her help, he'd probably be spending the next half hour hobbling towards wherever the healers were. "Yeah yeah, I'm good. Let's go get this over with."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias stopped, feeling the knife breeze past her, and sighed turning, giving him an ice cold stare "after this is over, you and i are setting up. so i suggest you start digging your grave now" then calmly resumed her way to the arena exit, stopping only to lend aid to Claire and James should they need it

she has her hair tucked into the helm she's wearing, as stated earlier
Lunar Templar said:
Rias found her self a helm she liked, and after tucking her hair into it

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William had a bad feeling about Fromanzio. Which was confirmed by the explosion before and now the threatening. And even throwing a knife at one of his comrades.
Rias looked angry and said."after this is over, you and i are setting up. so i suggest you start digging your grave now"

William did a step forward and grabbed Fromanzio's left arm putting a lot of force into his grip.
"If you continue to attack your comrades and ignore my commands to leave them alone. I will have no choice but to eliminate you."
William looked into his eyes with an cold look then released his arm. He began to walk back and headed for James looking if they still needed his help. Fromanzio isn't the type to listen to words. If there was a way to make him listen that was it. I hope he understands what he did wrong and stops provoking and attacking his comrades. I am afraid however that we will not stop doing do that.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
As William walked away, Fromanzio gave him a raspberry and skipped off following the rest. He was not worried about Rias, she would be easily dealt with if it does come to that. As for William, Fromanzio would be unable to win a game of strength, but as long as he kept his distance, Fromanzio could take him.

"Speaking of ignoring your commands, I think I will run off and replenish my bomb supply! Well, after I hear what that General has to say." Being out of bombs was one of Fromanzio's least favorite situations to be in. Especially considering one or two people were out to kill him now. He had to question again the sanity of his boss tossing him in a mission like this one. Perhaps he just wanted to see the whole area leveled, which could be arranged.

Ah, my bad. Missed that little part. Guess he only threw it near her then.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The group reached a room that had one person in it a human animancer apprentice, who was in middle of looking through research notes, any other animancers in the human kingdom have been send closer to the problem areas. The animancer was a rather scrawny individual, it looked like it wouldn't take more then a strong breeze to break him. The general commanded 'this is the last group, heal their injuries.', the animancer dropped the book he was holding, gave a salute and said 'yes sir'.

The general turned to the group 'I am a busy man so I will give you your mission now, Your first mission is the go to ethsich and find the cause of a sever increase in wildlife and sophronius attacks. Mr phonix has been given the order you will head to the other countries, when you reach them you must find out yourself what the problem is and put an end to it.' The general then promptly left.

'So what seeems to be the issue?' the animacer asked.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias listened to the Generals rough outline of the mission, and was already putting two and two together.

"William, i think i can solve half the 'mystery' we'll be walking into now, and even if what i'm thinking isn't causing the Sophronius to act hostile, it's still important enough to bring to the groups attention" she says before directing her attention to Fromanzio "so do pay attention, this could keep All Of Us from getting killed"

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
'So what seeems to be the issue?'

Bom stepped foward, towering over the runtish animancer.

"Be a friend and fix my shoulder."

As the animancer looked him over, Bom turned to the group.

"Has anyone seen my hat? A cane is one thing, but I won't be seen without my effects. It's undignif-Agh!"

The animancer's prodding had discovered upon the affected area.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"Speaking of ignoring your commands, I think I will run off and replenish my bomb supply! Well, after I hear what that General has to say." "Well if you need your bombs it would be smart to replenish them after we talk to the general."
William didn't trust this clown at all but having someone with those bombs could prove to be very useful.

"William, i think i can solve half the 'mystery' we'll be walking into now, and even if what i'm thinking isn't causing the Sophronius to act hostile, it's still important enough to bring to the groups attention" William looked up a little surprised.
"Alright so you think you can solve half the mystery? Please do tell me what you had in mind. I am very curious to hear what it is."
William looked curious to what she had thought up.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Alright so you think you can solve half the mystery? Please do tell me what you had in mind. I am very curious to hear what it is."
William looked curious to what she had thought up.

Rias nodded "i don't know how much of this you already know, but the Sophronius Shaman don't have final say, they are highly important to be sure, but it's the Trent's that have final say, in fact, as far as i know, the Sophronius won't ever disobey an order given by a Trent" she started "so what I'm thinking is, some one is starting these fires to attack the Trents, since they not only have final authority, but also act as a communication bridge between villages, so the increased hostility is likely an order from the Trents in response to the fires."

"we'll need to make sure they know we are there to help or we'll have the entire Sophronius nation trying to kill us" Rias continued, then paused "though I'm not sure how we'd do that, Dad usually handled diplomatic matters like that ...." her tone drifting off a little at the end, as she tried to remember if she'd been involved with any of the pacts her adopted father made with the Shamans they encountered

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William looked impressed at Rias when she had told him what she had thought up.
"It sounds like a great theory to me. If you think about it some more it seems to be the only logical explanation for their behavior.
Now only to think of a way to convince them we are friendly.."

William looked over to the injured who would get treatment from the animacer.
"Since we need to wait here for a while anyway we might as well use this time for something other then just waiting around.
So if any of you have any questions about the mission or me you can ask them now. But know that I don't know everything.
So I might not be able to answer all of your questions. Still I know at least a few things you don't so ask away."
William looked to his comrades waiting for any of them to ask him a question.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
As the animancer continued his work, Bom looked over at the conversation. His mind filled with more questions than his mind could manage, but if it'll distract him from the pain, he was willing to ask them all. He asked the group,

"How do we talk to the shamans? Could we ask around town, and where would we find one?"

The pain was still there, so he thought of a few more, just for the sake of further keeping himself occupied. He turned to William.

"That was clever of you to know about the fire. Where did you learn that?"

Bom valued education - he was once told that good education meant good breeding. A true gentleman, Bom believed, should aquire as much good breeding as possible.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"How do we talk to the shamans? Could we ask around town, and where would we find one?"
"Well as far as I have seen almost every village has one. They are sort of like the leader of the village.
So they shouldn't be that hard to find. If they want to talk to us is an whole different matter though."

"That was clever of you to know about the fire. Where did you learn that?"
"Well I have followed an quite high ranking education. Which allowed me to make friends in all kinds of places. Before going here I asked one of my friends if he had heard about any new monsters, that had been spotted or made. He told me that he had heard about a creature that would grow 2 heads if you were too cut its head off. And the only way too stop this was by burning the wound shut. So I guessed this was that creature and it turned out that I was right."
William looked at Mr Brom. He had prejudices about any non human. But he had the most problems with Hansav. Mr Brom seems nice enough. I should at least give him an change. besides it wasn't like the Yama beat me around when I was younger.