Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"i got most my education on the road. Dad taught me how to read and write, but, mostly i learned what i learned by traveling, not reading a book" Rias said taking off her helmet and grooming her blood red hair a little, before making a chair to sit in. "though i suppose i proper introduction would be best, since i kind blew that off earlier"

"Rias Michelle DeDanann, just Rias will do, in fact i prefer it" she began "you already seen my power, Energy Manipulation, in action. it's not limited to only weapons" she said, motioning to her chair "i can use energy to form constructs of almost anything i want." she says with a bit of smug pride "as for my fighting ability, well, you've seen that as well, hopefully, you approve"

gears are turning in my head for her back story.(what i have on my sheet was written with writers block) :)

SO!

Claire should of her last name, at least in passing

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire didn't have much in terms of questions or comments. It was her duty to serve her country in any way she could - she would do many things, but never would she turn down her duty.

Turning to William, she asked "So what do we need to get before we go and when do we leave?" Meanwhile, in the back of her mind, something about Rias's last name rang a bell, but she couldn't place it.

She hated when that happened.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
William looked at Rias with an smile as she introduced herself. Introducing herself to us probably means she likes us a bit better or trusts us a bit more then when we first met. Which is always a good sign. And she traveled around a lot? Well that is always a good sign. Means she has seen allot of the world. As well as learned some tricks and skills to survive on the road.

"So what do we need to get before we go and when do we leave?"
"Well a few thing. We have to buy traveling gear and prepare ourself for the long road ahead. So If you have someone you want to say goodbye to this would be a good change. Because we will be gone for a while and I can promise you that we will all make it back."

"I was also thinking that if nobody has to say goodbye to someone. We could just go out into the market and buy supplies and meet up in a few hours and then begin our journey. Does that sound good to all of you? Or do any of you something you still need to do?"
I wonder what they are going to buy on the market. If they don't have enough money I could always give them some. I mean if it enhances our changes of survival I might as well share a little bit of my money.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"We could just go out into the market and buy supplies and meet up in a few hours and then begin our journey. Does that sound good to all of you?" William asked the group, looking for volunteers. "Sure, I can help. I already said my good-byes a few days ago, before coming here. What kind of supplies do you think we'll need - aside from the food, travel equipment, and such?" Claire asked, glad to be of some help.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"Sure, I can help. I already said my good-byes a few days ago, before coming here. What kind of supplies do you think we'll need - aside from the food, travel equipment, and such?" Claire asked after offering her help.
William was happy that someone was willing to help him gather supplies.
"Well we will need food and such of course. We will also have to decide if we go by foot or by horse. That depends how many people can ride on horses. I was also thinking that buying a basic survival set is an good idea.
You know some medical supplies, A few antidotes for the common poisonous animals and plants, and also big backpack to carry everything in and some sowing equipment to repair any holes that we might get in our tents or clothes. Is there something special that any of you wants me to pick up for you?" William asked the group.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
So If you have somepony you want to say goodbye

Rias giggled " we have a better chance of running into my family on the road, so no one for me to say good bye to, though a shopping trip might be in order, may need to restock on food at the very least, since, ya know, my power being multi functional an all, light traveler"

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
James grunted as the animancer worked his magic; in a matter of moments the injuries that had wracked his body had been healed, though a few twinges of pain still lingered.

"We could just go out into the market and buy supplies and meet up in a few hours and then begin our journey."

"Probably about as good a plan as I'm like to get. Sure, sounds fine to me."

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"We have a better chance of running into my family on the road, so no one for me to say good bye to, though a shopping trip might be in order, may need to restock on food at the very least, since, ya know, my power being multi functional an all, light traveler"
William responded with "It is handy that you will have to carry less but still. You might want to buy more then just food. Things like tents and medical items will also come in handy."

"Probably about as good a plan as I'm like to get. Sure, sounds fine to me." James said with his wounds now healed.
"Great that you all agree. Now I have no problem paying for the equipment you will for the trip. As long as you stay within reason.
I won't buy you a house or the best armor in the entire country. But still if you need some stuff I can pay for it."

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
"So If you have somepony you want to say goodbye."

Already did. Bom thought to himself. Long ago.

There was a crackle, like a bag of dice, as Bom's shoulder formed back into place.

"Thanks friend. Shame we can't take you along with us."

He gave the animancer a heavy pat on the head, causing him to buckle at the knees.

"Well we will need food and such of course. We will also have to decide if we go by foot or by horse. That depends how many people can ride on horses. I was also thinking that buying a basic survival set is an good idea."

Bom had never rode a horse in his life. Such beasts of burden were an unecessary luxury in his home town, and would quickly die in the quagmires anyway. The dead do the work just as well as any mule.

"Oh, lets get some horses, please!" Said Bom with a child like enthusiam. Just how difficult could riding it be?

Given the opportunity, Bom would happily spend on the finest delicacies available. But as it was someone else's money, plus two weeks of wages from the docks, he was going to have to stick to the usual smoked fish and grog.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"It is handy that you will have to carry less but still. You might want to buy more then just food. Things like tents and medical items will also come in handy."

"my pack has some of those things already, but ... that's in the other room still, I'll see what i have verses what we need" she said "also, if i may suggest a horse and wagon, funding allowing mind you. it'd be the best option over all"

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"... it'd be the best option overall" Rias said, making her suggestion known. "You make a good point, and I think between William and I, funding should not be a problem. That said, driving a wagon into unknown territory is risky; ambassidors tend to take horses in unknown situations like this because they are fast and don't have to follow a specific route. We would have to travel lighter though so it all comes down to trade-offs." Claire said, making her opinion known

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
That said, driving a wagon into unknown territory is risky; ambassadors tend to take horses in unknown situations like this because they are fast and don't have to follow a specific route. We would have to travel lighter though so it all comes down to trade-offs."

"you make a couple good points, but how many of us know how to ride? let alone preform evasive riding? i know i've never really ridden a horse, i walk or get rides on wagons. besides, i know Ethsich fairly well" Rias said as she tied her hair back

"also a wagon would give us a mobile 'base' of sorts, and a place to keeps things that need to stay out of the weather, out of the weather, take it from some one who's spent the last five years alone on the road, a place to keep food and medical supply's dry will save us time, and money in the long run, even if we have to do a bit of planing on where we park the thing"

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"you make a couple good points, but how many of us know how to ride? let alone preform evasive riding?"

"Hmph. If some of us can't ride, then horses are pretty damn useless." James couldn't lie, he was a little disappointed with this turn of events. Single horses were often the fastest and safest transportation for small parties; it'd be a shame if they couldn't use them.

"I'm gonna agree with Claire on this one; lugging around a wagon's more trouble than it's worth. Baggage ponies would be safer, even if we're not going to ride."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"I'm gonna agree with Claire on this one; lugging around a wagon's more trouble than it's worth. Baggage ponies would be safer, even if we're not going to ride."

"i guess that'd be ok, long as we have some place dry to keep things should be fine" Rias said 'even if i was kinda hopping to get off the ground for this ...' she thought

"anyway, i'm gonna go get my pack" her tone shifting "then, we can, like totally go shopping!" she said in the most vapid, brain dead shop-o-holic way she could, course, it wasn't till she was out the door before she realized they might not get the joke

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio was bored. People were talking about things that were not killing. Why would he be brought for something that did not involve killing? Hopefully there would be a lot of killing. When it came to the mention of the markets, he lit up. Bombs were availible to him via black market contacts spread around the regular market, he also had more gold than he could count hidden in his bomb bag.

"This may come to a surprise, depending on who you are. Fromanzio has more money than all of you combined; most likely."

The money came from a mix of assassinations, terrorist bombings and assassinations. Really, a lot of assassinations. Since the Black Market covered all basic nessecities and his bombs, Fromanzio rarely ever spent a single gold coin he got. After all, what does one need aside from bread, water and bombs? He could not understand the people he was surrounded with, there had better be some killing.

"Also, Fromanzio is fond of walking, though that is because he tends to run faster than most horses and buggies. If this is to be a group endevor, walking is the most versatile and risk free way to go. Horses can die, require food and our supplies can be stolen. Fromanzio would prefer walking, oh and if there is any killing to be done, leave it to Fromanzio!"

There had damn well better be killing.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
The rest of the group started arguing if they should take a wagon or not William remained quite and listened to the conversation.

"anyway, i'm gonna go get my pack. Then, we can, like totally go shopping!"
William looked at Rias with an amused smile. That was an amusing joke. At least if it was an joke...

"This may come to a surprise, depending on who you are. Fromanzio has more money than all of you combined; most likely."
He has more money then me? I highly doubt that. I mean an assassination pays well. But being one of the richest merchants pays better. That Fromanzio has quite the ego, I have one to but still I won't blow up my comrades. Guess I have to watch him even closer.

William grabbed his own bag then walked back to the group.
"So I guess we are going to go with baggages ponies. We also need food and all the other necessary things."
William looked around the group.
"Would all of you prefer that we bought everything together? or that we split up into teams?"

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
as Rias re entered the room she heard "Would all of you prefer that we bought everything together? or that we split up into teams?"

"depends on how crunched for time we are, but I'd say as a group, for the purely selfish reason of watching some one as they shop for our ponies, cause i have no idea what to look for" she said

"ether way, I'm low on food, but my medical supply's are still in order, though we'll still need more, for obvious reasons." she said before throwing a couple broke tent supports into a near by pile of broken things "and ... i need new tent supports ..." she said with an annoyed sigh "other wise I'm pretty much ready to leave now"

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom was already hungry, and didn't want to wait for another moment.

"Let's get on with it. Uh, please."

During the discussion, he had already itemised in his head all the things he was going to buy for this mission.

mental shopping list:

Smoked fish
Grog (water/tea/rum)
Bedroll
Tinder
Horse grain
String
Skillet
Hatchet

Along with this, he'd run over to the bunk house and grab the few other possessions left to his name:

A fold up chess set
A book
Silver knife and fork
Pocket knife

As he was thinking to himself, he noticed his personal effects had been placed on the table next to him. Some subordinate must have brought them through whilst he was getting healed up.

Bom immediately put on his battered hat and coat. He was proud to be looking smart, once again. He made a mental note:

Also to buy: one new cane

Bom wondered what everyone else was planning to get.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The animancer cleared his throat and started speaking nervesly to Mr.Bom 'um, just saying I wasn't exactly able to fix your bones, the broken part was re attached by basically a bone substituted so your shoulder right now is more fragile, so be careful.'

just saying you guys can leave this place when you feel like it, just presume that the animancer gives you the instructions to leave this place and make sure your characters agree on a place to meet up after shopping

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"depends on how crunched for time we are, but I'd say as a group, for the purely selfish reason of watching some one as they shop for our ponies, cause i have no idea what to look for" Rias said
"ether way, I'm low on food, but my medical supply's are still in order, though we'll still need more, for obvious reasons." she said then she threw away broken tent supports. "and ... i need new tent supports ... other wise I'm pretty much ready to leave now"

"Let's get on with it. Uh, please." Mr. Brom said.
"Sure lets go to the market to buy our supplies."

I wonder what do I still need to buy? Lets make an list shall we?
Mental shopping list:
Enough to eat and drink for about 2 weeks the trip will probably take 1 week but just in case. Allot of medical supplies. And most importantly a helmet. If I hadn't worn one just now I might have died. I also need to pick up some money.....I will just go pick that up from home along with some spare clothes and my weapon and armor clean and maintenance sets.

I already have:
An bedroll and tent supports, an hatchet and a few different kinds of knives. A couple of books to pass the time, an big rope and a flint and steel. My 2 swords my shield and armor. And my backpack with my ash reserve hidden inside it. Wait my shield was destroyed in the fight... well guess I also need to buy an shield.

The animancer gave them permission to leave. William headed for the door turning around when he was close to it.
"I think we should go to the nearby market and buy all the supplies that we need. After that we should regroup near the stable.
So anyone who wants to go shopping in a party and can join me. And anyone who wants to shop alone." He looked at Fromanzio.
"Can meet up with the rest of us in about an hour near the stable. So lets go."
William walked out of the door and turned around when he came outside.
Looking around for people that want to shop together...if there were any.