Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias was inspecting her tent canvas, which, a side from being well used, was still good, when William said "So anybody who wants to go shopping in a party and can join me. And anybody who wants to shop alone Can meet up with the rest of us in about an hour near the stable"

"I'll join you" she said, as she rolled her tent back up "i don't do well in big city's" making a final check of what she had verses what she needed, as her estimate was from the other day.

'food is a given. bandages and disinfectant are still good, though, will need more of that' she thought as she grabbed on of her journals, thumbing through to see how many empty pages she had left 'a new journal and more ink most likely'

her tent stakes where fine still she had metal ones, little big for her tent but they got the job done, even though she needed a hammer to drive them in deep enough. her cooking utensils, a pan, fork and knife and a lid that doubled as a plate where clean, and ready to use.

last thing she pulled out was a beat up jewelry box, it was small, only really big enough for one item. she opened it for a moment, in side was a gold necklace, the front of which was decorated with polished ruby's and had the DeDannan family crest engraved on disk with more ruby's. she didn't look at it long, only a few moments before closing the lib and putting the box back in its place.

after which she stood up, put her pack on and grabbed the helm she had on earlier, no sense leaving it behind, as it might come in handy. "ready!"

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom followed William half way to the exit. He gave his shoulder a few rolls to see how the new bones felt. Sticky.

It was then that he noticed Claire. She'd been the quietest so far, which Bom found immediately intriguing.

"Are you coming along Ms?"

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio needed bombs. Where they were going would most likely hinder him getting bombs. This little "party" idea would work about as well as a lead balloon.

"Fromanzio will travel on his lonesome for this small excursion. Worry not! Fromanzio will return to grace all of Phoenix and crew with his presence. A few things must be arranged first."

At this point, everything made sense why Fromanzio had been brought along. Wild animals constantly attacking would be horrid for trade routes and the Black Market is simply ensuring the job is done. If that is the case, perhaps gaining intel on where all the Black Market traders were located would be helpful.

Fromanzio exited the arena and was alone again as he so often was. The air felt fresh on his face and he rushed to the market. The first order of business was to acquire bombs, lots of bombs. An inconspicuous looking man recognized Fromanzio instantly and ushered him over. Upon closer inspection, the man was wearing a brown robe and had shaved hair. Anyone not associated with the Market would simply think of him as a monk. He whispered "Aw shit man, Fromanzio? Alright how many do you need? I have a huge storage of Fromanzies as you ordered a while ago."

After Fromanzio invented the fire bomb with a bit of practice, they were soon mass produced by the Market and nicknamed Fromanzies. Fromanzio looked highly excited, he said quietly but still in his playful voice "Fromanzio requires all of them. Oh, and a chest for them too! Worry not, the boss will cover you on this one, he told me anything I need as far as weaponry will be covered.

The monk sighed, he headed back for a moment, and came back with an iron and oak chest.
"This will cover most of what you need I suppose. Do us all a favor, go to the alchemist down the corner and make this beauty fire immune. We don't need another incident do we?"

He was referring to the major explosion that occurred last time Fromaznio had a chest full of bombs and a pyromancer accidentally blew the whole thing up, leveling a few buildings and hospitalizing Fromanzio for a good while. Fromanzio hated magi. He could not remember why, but he did. The alchemist was a mage and that did not help. Fromanzio stuffed his knives in the chest, which had a few hundred grenades in order to resist temptation. The store was a wooden construct, had a series of weapons, none of which Fromanzio cared much about. He went over to the clerk, attempting to act as a court jester. "Excuse me fine sir, Fr- I mean I require a concoction to ensure my master's equipment is not set on fire. If you could be so kind and improve my chest that fire spells will not harm it?"

The store owner was a Hansav, Fromanzio knew he would probably be taken for a ride, but this was important. "Yessir, that will require ssssome hell hound saliva. Difficult to get in thissss area. How about five hundred gold piecesss?" Fromanzio was not stupid, this was worth two hundred. "My master informed me of the value of this, which is two hundred exactly. I have been entrusted with two hundred and fifty coins, to ensure it is done well. Take it or I find someone else."

The Hansav was not used to humans knowing the price of coatings. He sighed and gave in, "Alright. Two hundred and fifty. Come back in an hour, it will be done."

Fromanzio could have afforded the five hundred he was asked for, but ponies were expensive and this chest might be a bit too heavy to carry. Fromanzio re-entered the market and headed towards the stables. "Sir, yes you sir! I require a baggage pony! Oh, and quite a bit of feed. The stable master was a human, about five feet tall. His red hair and beard made him stick out from the crowd. "Yes, alright. I have one for you here, what are you carrying exactly?"

Fromanzio stopped for a second. He thought for a second and said, "The master requires a pony that can carry his valuable chest, which weighs about one hundred pounds. Also, he wants to be able to put the beast's feed on top, along with his own food, water, water for the beast and that will suffice.

The human grunted, "Typical request." He lugged out a leather and iron saddle, which had one large hole for the food, a chest shaped hole behind it, and hooks for four water canisters. He attached it to a great black horse, seemingly very powerful. "This will cost you fifteen hundred gold pieces, you can afford that right?" Fromanzio had approximately ten thousand scattered around his body, mostly in his bomb bag and paid the man. "I will be back soon, once I have the supplies.

Fromanzio simply ran back and forth, getting water jugs, food and other essentials before returning. "If you would be so kind as to wrap some horse feed up and put that above my own food, that would be grand. The horse at this point, had four large jugs of water and quite a bit of food wrapped up in a square near its middle. A tent and poles were wrapped up and tied slightly forward of the food. "Yeah, just gimme a second. Go get your chest and come back."

Fromanzio now headed over to the alchemist's again. The Hansav was rubbing the chest and putting some finishing touches on it to make it pretty. He obviously took pride in his work and the chest had been dyed a dark red. "Jussst on time. Here you are ssssir." Fromanzio began lugging the chest back, after locking it of course and putting the key in a secure place. When he finally arrived to the stables again, he was huffing and puffing. The small man effortlessly picked up the chest and stuck it in the back slot. Wrapping it up. The horse now had everything it needed and Fromanzio was set to go. Since this was the only stable for miles, he figured they would all show up soon enough. He was excited to be able to speak normally again, no longer having to communicate with shop keeps.

This post is long so TLDR: It basically covers everything Fromanzio does and the fact that he will have contacts along all major cities and trade routes. Also, he gets a fireproofed chest and fills it with bombs. He also got his pony and is waiting.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire turned to Mr. Bom as he spoke, surprised to hear her name. "Yes, I plan on going with you... sorry, just a little distracted." she said, mildly embarrassed. She had been caught in her own thoughts, checking and re checking what she might need. It wasn't a terribly long list; mostly fresh trail foods and more bolts for her crossbow - she had used several on the trip to the small city where the group had met.

"so what do you need Mr. Bom?" she asked, trying to make conversation.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
"Oh, nothing unusual, Ms," said Bom. "Except maybe a new cane. I'd hate to be seen without one, but if I can't find one that suits me, it'll have to wait."

As Fromanzio left, Bom exhaled in relief. That man was devastating, and the further away he was, the better.

He followed William outside, waiting for the others to make a move.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias was waiting with William for the others, her helm tied to the side of her pack for the time being. "so .. James coming or what?"

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." Sighing, James stood up and walked over to the rest of the group. "Need to get some more food anyways."

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire was busy making a list of food they would need. They would likely need some fresh bread, fruit, and vegetables for the first few days - it would be their last chance until they came upon the next commissariat; a rare event to say the least. The bulk of their supplies would need to be hardtack, dried meats and, heavens forbid, grog - bane of any who enjoy tasteful alcohols. Still, it was not something she was unfamiliar with - ambassadors needed to travel long distances after all. That did not however mean she would enjoy the lack of fresh wine, but, in true human spirit; Ces't la vie.

She did not however know even the slightest mote when it came to medicine - beyond that blood was meant to stay inside the body the vast majority of times and that pressure and linen bandages were useful in stymieing the flow. this lack of knowledge brought about her next question. "What should I be looking for in terms of medical supplies?" Claire inquired, hoping to keep the best eye out she could.

As to horses, a better teleporting noblewoman has never sat a gee.

for those that cannot tell, I wrote this listening to Modern Major General... I'm not sorry about it. ^_^

Also, Captcha = 1.21 gigawatts... what kind of game does it think this is?

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"so .. James coming or what?"
William turned around to see that everyone had followed him expect Fromanzio, and James was the last one to join them outside.
"Well lets get going we have lot of shopping to do."
William started to walk toward the market looking around for someone he was looking for.
"What should I be looking for in terms of medical supplies?"
"Things like bandages allot of them, a few antidotes to certain poisons that are common in that area and certain herbs. Also a saw and a few clean knives and a tweezer. Also a needle and some thread might come in handy and also a scissor. I also don't know much about medical supplies. So does any one else have another suggestion of what she also needs to buy for her medical supplies??

William kept on walking their were nearing the market fast.
"Ah there it is the market. Well look around for stalls that sell equipment you need." William smiled as the arrived on the market. William looked around for a bit before noticing a boy walking around dressed in black with an red phoenix on his back.

William called out to him the boy turned around he was about 16 years old and his eyes widened in shock to see William. He ran over to him and bowed his head. He then spoke with an excited voice.
"Greeting master William I thought you had gone on another one of your travels. Have you changed your mind?"
William smiled and gave him a signal to lift his head. "No I haven't Percy I am still going but there is something you can do for me right now."Percy looked excited."Anything just name it!" William seemed amused."Calm down Percy I only need you to get some money for me from my safe."William gave the boy a piece of paper he grabbed it and looked at it.
Percy looked back at William with an confused look."That isn't a lot of money. Are you sure you only want to take this with you?" William smiled and patted the boy on his head."That is all that I will be needing Percy but could you please hurry with getting it. You know what you have 5 minutes."Percy looked in disbelieve."I will never make that!" he said shocked. William just looked at him and said. "4 minutes and 55 seconds. Percy almost had an heart attack and started to run like the devil was chasing him. William began to laugh after Percy had ran for a few seconds.

He turned back to his companions. "Well look around for what you need. Remember I will pay for it as long as it is within reason, and let me do the negotiating okay? I don't want you to get ripped of spending my money to those damned Hansav." William whispered the last piece of the sentence it would be hard to make out unless you were paying attention to what he was telling them.
William showed a hint of anger but only for a second and then his normal charming smile re appeared.
"If you look hard enough you will probably find one of my merchants selling his wares around here." William smiled brightly at his statement. He loved being reminded of what he had achieved.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias look down the rows of stands, there where quite a few, which made her visibly annoyed "so ..... which one is the 'tent and journal' stand .... or there a general store we can hit up or something" she said in an annoyed tone.

she hated big city's like this one, as she tends to get lost rather easily and thus she generally avoided them, how ever give she really only had one more days worth of food on her, she didn't have much choice

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
As the party passed a corner of the market, Bom tailed off from the group and hurried over to the bunk house on the corner of Chattle St. Inside he made his way past a jeering drunk, who was trying to sleep off the day. Bom kneeled by his bed. yanked up a floorboard, and reached into the secret stash underneath.

He hurreid out with all his possessions, giving the drunk a tip of the hat as he passed by. By the time Bom had caught up with the others in the market, he was out of breath.

Bom navigated the market by smell, more than anything else, and knew the fishmongers was around the corner. He gestured to the others his intention, and came back with a bundle of kippers under each arm.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"so ..... which one is the 'tent and journal' stand .... or there a general store we can hit up or something"
William looked around he then remembered where one of his shops stood.
"Well I know a shop where they sell quite allot of goods. What kind of goods are you looking for?"
William looked around and was still waiting for Percy to come back with his money.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Well I know a shop where they sell quite allot of goods. What kind of goods are you looking for?"

"well, I'm gonna need those tent supports, but I'll also need a new journal and ink. i tend to take notes, or just write stuff down while on the road." she said matter of factly

"then if you know a good place that sells quality food for long distance travel, that's be great" her hands settling on her hips where she keeps her bottles, and though about asking where she could find more fire to fill her bottles, but, not sure should reveal her powers weakness to him, and it showed on her face she was pondering something.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"well, I'm gonna need those tent supports, but I'll also need a new journal and ink. i tend to take notes, or just write stuff down while on the road." William looks surprised. "Do you keep a journal?"

"then if you know a good place that sells quality food for long distance travel, that's be great"
"Well I know such an place follow me if you want to see it. And is there something else you need? You look like you are thinking about something. But I can be trusted, so you don't have to worry about asking whatever it is you need."
William smiled at her with an reassuring smile. I wonder what she is afraid to ask? Maybe something illegal?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Do you keep a journal?"

"yeah, I'm alone on the road most the time, so i write things down, mostly just random thoughts on the day, but occasionally a song, or something i learned that is important enough to keep a record of, like where some meaner animals tend to live, though, most of my notes like that are of Ethsich, or Abumot." she said pulling her pack off and showing William her journals

"i tend to have issues with the Hansav and Buvor though. donno if its me, or i keep finding the ass holes, but last Buvor i remember encountering, woke up on the floor with less teeth" she said with a shrug "but i do have a few notes on those country's as well, just not as many"

"You look like you are thinking about something, But I can be trusted, so you don't have to worry about asking whatever it is you need"

Rias looked at William, then James, then Claire then Mr Bom, and paused a moment "alright, but you are to keep this to your self, under stood" she said, her tone hardening "something to make fire. the energy i use, my body doesn't produce, i get by converting fire, and since i have to have fire to gather more energy, i tend to keep a bit with me at all times" she said tapping her bottles "so, something to make fire so my powers work would be great" Rias still wasn't sure it was a good idea telling them that, but then, these four seemed the most trust worthy

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
"yeah, I'm alone on the road most the time, so i write things down, mostly just random thoughts on the day, but occasionally a song, or something i learned that is important enough to keep a record of, like where some meaner animals tend to live, though, most of my notes like that are of Ethsich, and a bit of Abumot."she said showing William her journals. William lookd impressed.

"I tend to have issues with the Hansav and Buvor though. donno if its me, or i keep finding the ass holes, but last Buvor i remember encountering, woke up on the floor with less teeth. But i do have a few notes on those country's as well, just not as many"
"Yes the Hansav an the Buvor are just a violent and backstabbing people. I am sure they also have good people living there but most of them aren't good people. Most of them are indeed assholes."

"Alright, but you are to keep this to your self, under stood?" "Of course my lips are sealed." William replied.
"Something to make fire. the energy i use, my body doesn't produce, i get by converting fire, and since i have to have fire to gather more energy, i tend to keep a bit with me at all times so, something to make fire so my powers work would be great."
"Well I am sure they sell some torches or something like that at the store. And thank you for trusting us enough to be able to share this information with us. I am very pleased that all of us are getting along so well. Well most of us anyway." William was referring to Fromanzio. Who he still didn't trust at all.

"Well back to shopping. If you want to see the store I am talking about just follow me." William began walking to an shop the building looked to be in quite good shape with an black flag with a red phoenix on it. "Here we are I am pretty sure that whatever it is you need you will be able to find here." There was an human male standing inside cleaning up the place. He was quite big and a bit fat.
"Do you want me to go inside with you and help you look for the goods you need?" William asked then he turned around to look if Rias had even followed him. Or that he had been talking to himself the entire time.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias had indeed followed him.

"Do you want me to go inside with you and help you look for the goods you need?"

"if you want, but i think i can find what I'm after" she said as she walked in "thanks, by the way" she said as she started looking for tent supply's first

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Fromanzio issued a great sneeze. The man working the horses looked at him. Fromanzio replied "Oh dear, someone is talking about poor old me."

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
as rias entered the building almost instantly she could here the man says 'you break it you buy it' without looking up from his cleaning.