Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed, started)

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
"If so then this letter is addressed to you" the guard said, handing her the letter.

She looked at the name upon it - it was indeed hers. "Yes that's me... though I haven't the faintest idea who'd write me and deliver it here." she said, more to herself than the guard.

Taking the letter, she looked it over. Upon closer inspection, she could see that her name was written in a handwriting she didn't recognize. "that was a close one" was written underneath was a stamp in the same script - forged as a wax seal. The seal looked like two snakes wrapping around a dagger, with their tails starting at the handle of the dagger and the heads, jaws wide open, ending at the dip of the dagger. All in all, it was a fairly disconcerting letter - few people she knew would want a snake on their seal, and none of them did as far as she was aware.

Returning to the guard for a moment, she began her line of questioning - the letter could wait a few more minutes. "I'm actually here looking for a letter and sword former head-guard promised us in exchange for stopping Abumot. They were captured some time before we arrived and would have been from an Embla noble named Harvey Treasach; the Duke of Isgrham. I'm sure you saw the sword - it was magical in nature."

As she was speaking, Claire absentmindedly opened the letter's seal - pulling the lip free of the wax.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
A few minutes later, and Ivaan had a sack full of mushrooms, berries, assorted fruit and even a small box of grubs.
He reached the city gates shortly after.
Shuffling through the city gates, Ivaan nodded jovially to the guard and headed towards the inn the group where staying at.

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Claire responded to his hug and then said "I hope your right...and thank you William." He nodded, as she walked off and he followed her. This wasn't good that was certain, if the king was fine with demon experiments... Then he had no right to call himself king. William manged to get a bit behind, and when he did caught up with Claire she was reading a letter. He could hear her say "I'm actually here looking for a letter....it was magical in nature." He decided to stay quiet as he thought over what he could do.

"I could threaten to take my trade elsewhere... But I highly doubt that will do much... I hoped to return to my home, in a different mood then this.." "I am going to the inn and prepare everything so we can leave as soon as possible, Claire. After you have gathered the evidence, make sure you head there too." He said as he walked off, lost in thought. "We still need new supplies... Food and medical equipment. I hope those fishermen will be back soon..."

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan reached the inn, and shuffled up to the front desk.
"Morning. Could you tell me where the kitchen is? I have some food to prepare."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen made it back to town some time before Ivaan, she however was more interested in finding Rias, and did, she found her with Claire, both still in the guard office awaiting for the 'proof' or what ever it was Claire was after "Ivaan is fine, though insistent about taking care of the heart himself." she said as she came in to the room and sat by Rias, who nodded. "We're going back to Embela by the way, its more then just Harvey that needs dealing with." Karen nodded "By the way, ran into #3, since I figured it'd be good to know, the book is a bit over 8 years old" Karen said

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The guard avoided making eye contact with rias 'um...well...you see the thing is...WhenWeSearchedHerOfficeTheyWereGoneAndWeHaveNoIdeaWereTheyAreNowWeOnlyFoundThatLetterWhichWasUnderneathTheSnake' The guard said without pausing.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Inn keeper pointed down the corridor and said 'If you just keep going there will be a dinning room right at the very back, It should be easy enough to find the kitchen from there'. The dinning room was large with a series of very long tables enough to fit 300 guests, the kitchen was visible through a large window at one end of the room. The kitchen was of high quality, build to be able to cook many different meals at the same time.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias, upon hearing the guards run-on excuse, and the words 'letter found under snake' she quickly formed a floating clawed hand, ripped the letter out of Claire's hand and formed a bubble around it, just in case. "Well, least that confirms some one let the snake in" she said as the blood red bubble floated to her. "Does raise the question of weather this is a trap or not though."

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom looked between the man and the hammer. It was a mighty impressive looking weapon, that's for sure. He was sure he would look very important and respectable, carrying such a thing around. But it also looked kind of expensive, and Bom had spent his savings a couple of villages back. There was only one thing he could do...

"HEY YOU!!" he shouted at the sleeping shop owner, "wake up! Don't you know who I am?!"

He slapped the counter with his meaty palm. It was time someone showed some appreciation around here.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
The shop keeper let out a yelp as bom woke him, it was followed by a grown as the shop keeper rubbed his head 'please can we keep this quite my head feels like it was used as a football' The moment the shop keeper opened his eyes and looked at bom he let out a wild burst of laughter 'its you, bom the iron stomach, I guess your here to collect your reward' he said as he picked up the war hammer and placed it on the counter 'aww your a hoot and a half' The shop keeper was still trying and failing to hold back his wall of laughter.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Bom gave a sideways look at the chortling shop keeper.

"Erm...." he said. iron stomach? what was he talking about? Oh well, better play along. "Ahem, oh indeed! Of course!"

Bom picked up the hammer slowly, still waiting to see what the joke was. The shop keeper wasn't offering any clues. He bowed slightly and started backing towards the door.

"Well, I'll be going..."

He fully expected the shop keeper to stop him and demand he put the hammer back. When he didn't, Bom smiled to himself. This iron stomach probably related to some local celebrity or some such. The fool obviously had mistaken him for someone else! He laughed with the shop keeper and took his leave, amazed that he was richer by one hammer.

Time to find the others and share the news of my windfall, he thought.

He headed back the way he came, towards the inn.

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan smiled and thanked the innkeeper, and hitched 3 up on his shoulder slightly.
Perhaps I should get him somewhere to rest... But I doubt the others would be too pleased with me leaving an angry gremlin in our room.
Ivaan quickly dashed up to his room and got a couple of pillows, more than enough to keep the small creature comfortable. His arms were now full, and he struggled to carry the sack of flora, the box of various grubs, 3 and two pillows. As he reached the lobby he saw Bom at the door.
"Aah!" Ivaan said as he saw his companion "Bom, I need a hand carrying all this, would you mind?" Ivaan put down the sack of mushrooms, berries and other fauna, and the two pillows, hoping Bom would pick them up, before switching the box between his hands so he had an arm to steady 3 on his shoulder.
When he got a better look at Bom, he saw the Hammer he was carrying, and raised an eyebrow; "Wow, that's... quite the weapon!" Ivaan said, cracking a smile "Where did you get it? How did you pay for it?" Ivaan paused a little "You did... pay for it, right?"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Claire nodded her thanks to William; smiling. She found herself more and more happy he was here. It was funny how he had started as a wet behind the ears, first time commander of a suicide squad and now was dangerously close to a good - if not great - leader. Then again - she mused - she likely had a bias.

"um...well...you see the thing is... WhenWeSearchedHerOfficeTheyWereGoneAndWeHaveNoIdeaWereTheyAreNowWeOnlyFoundThatLetterWhichWasUnderneathTheSnake" the guard then said, in response to her inquiry; nervousness in his tone. Claire had nothing she could do but sigh. She'd guessed as much would happen when the head guard had died, but Claire wanted to confirm her fear. The guard's death had been too inconvenient and too poorly timed to be chance. All she had in return was a letter that may as well have said "better luck next time".

"Thanks for checking at least" she said, trying to remain diplomatic at least. There was little sense in burning an otherwise friendly bridge. Claire turned her attention to the aforementioned letter - hoping to find something useful inside. To her dismay, the letter itself was devoid of the written word - so much for that plan. Claire held the letter up to the a light, hoping to catch the faint marks of writing. If something had been written upon it in invisible ink, the pen marks would still be visible; as would pen marks from an earlier page if the writer were unwise. Ah the tricks you learn from ambassadorial parents. She decided to show the letter's seal to the rest of the group later -

As Claire was refolding the letter, Karen entered; ruining what was left of her good mood. It wasn't Karen so much as what she had to say. "By the way, ran into #3, since I figured it'd be good to know, the book is a bit over 8 years old" she said, throwing her back over the cliff. Was it not enough that everyone she knew and loved - present company excluded - had been tearing holes in creation? Was it not enough that everything she believed in was corrupted forever? Did it require the dash of being lied to for a third of her natural-born life?

At this, Claire decided she'd had more than enough earth-shattering, soul-crushing revelations for one day. She finished folding and stowing the letter, then left the building quickly; giving the barest nod to Karan, Rias, and the Guard on the way out. She made her way toward the edge of the little town, hoping to find somewhere a little more quiet and alone.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
"Aah!" Ivaan said as he saw his companion "Bom, I need a hand carrying all this, would you mind?" Ivaan put down the sack of mushrooms, berries and other fauna, and the two pillows, hoping Bom would pick them up.

"Certainly!" Bom said, stepping forward to help.

"Wow, that's... quite the weapon!" Ivaan said, cracking a smile "Where did you get it? How did you pay for it?" Ivaan paused a little "You did... pay for it, right?"

"Well, no actually," said Bom, with a sideways smirk. He then noticed the consternation in Ivaan's question, "Uh, but I didn't just take it! The shop keeper just gave it away. He was babbling something about an iron stomach - obviously deranged - a shame really, but I thought it would be more polite to humour him and take the weapon. Splendid, isn't it?"

He gave it a hefty thwack, almost smashing it against one of the hotel's interior walls. Even for Bom, it was an exceptionally heavy tool. Bom then remembered Ivaan's request. He tucked the hammer under his arm and took the sack and pillows in his arms.

"Hm, quite a lot of stuff there. What have you got planned, and where are we, uh, taking this all, if you don't mind me asking?"

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan ducked a little as bom swung the hammer, Well, at least he didn't steal it. The bear thought But I hope he never gets me with that swing of his.

"Hmm?, quite a lot of stuff there. What have you got planned, and where are we, uh, taking this all, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Oh, all this? Lunch, mostly. Apart from the pillows and 3, of course. I did some work on his injuries, and I wanted him to be comfortable but still wanted to keep an eye on him, so I grabbed those pillows."

Ivaan thanked the Innkeeper and began leading the way to the kitchen.
As they passed through a dining room Ivaan smiled "You'd never get buildings like this in the Sophronius villages. We have special animancies to keep vermin and bugs away from food stores and dining areas, so we can afford to have open air dining areas." Ivaan smiled as he reminisced "For the new years celebrations we always use to have salted pork and honey roast under the stars. It was the greatest time of year. The forest was bare, but you could feel it preparing to shake off the snow and explode into life again." Ivaan frowned "Though I don't know now... Maybe that was just my power manifesting early on." Ivaan's gaze sunk to his feet "I wonder how much of my life has been based around this power and how much was actually real sophronius experience? I'm already certain I can't practice Animancy. It was all just me trying to force my power to do different tasks."
Ivaan hitched 3 up his shoulder and had a morose thought, I was never going to be a Shaman...
The kitchen doors swung open at a push and Ivaan took a longer look at it.
"Wow... Overkill for what we need. I was just hoping to make a stew."
Ivaan grabbed a chopping board and knives, a pot and some bowls, and a ladle, before getting the oven going and filling the pot with water; "Bom, would you mind giving me a hand? If you could chop the Vegetables I'd appreciate it."
The vegetables didn't need to be finely diced; it shouldn't have been too much trouble for even the most rookie of chefs.
"I'll just get 3 comfortable." Ivaan took the pillows of of Bom, thanking him, and put 3 in a warm corner of the room on top of the pillows.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen got this confused look on her face when Claire just up and left like she did "I'll explain in a bit, once we get Ivaan and Reetch together" Rias said, Karen nodded and the pair headed back to the inn to wait for them to gather up, only to find Bom, with a big ass hammer, and Ivaan already there. "Hey Ivaan, good news is, we know whee we're going next, and why. Bad news is I have no idea how we're gonna pull this off" Rias said with an uncomfortable giggle

olza

Sep 18, 2011
(I'm just gonna assume karen asked the innkeeper where Ivaan and bom were and headed to the kitchen.)
Ivaan Was busy chopping Vegetables with bom when Karen came in. "Hmm, aah, I was wondering where we were headed next. Why dont we discuss it over lunch? There's going to be enough stew for everyone. We'll eat in the dining room if you want to get everyone together?"
Ivaan slid his chopped vegetables into the pot and began adding in various herbs and spices from his stores and what he had picked up in the forest. "Just throw them all in the pot Bom, it's all edible."
Ivaan decided to keep the stew vegetarian. He didn't think humans enjoyed eating grubs and similar creatures.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias shrugged as sat down "Cause most the group already knows, and Claire probably won't wanna discus it, really just you Reetch and Karen who don't know the full of it, Claire, William and Bom already know" Rias said as Karen found a place to park her self.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Eventually claire found a back ally between some of the houses and the town wall, the ground was mostly dry with some grass on it. At the same time the fishermen were arriving back at town, carrying nest filled with, bugs, fish and some things that were a bit of both. Though the biggest catch was a almost elephant size creature with a body of the shape of a boar, massive tusks, a mane of tentacles, spike like hair, and 4 pairs of spider legs. The town cheered as the fishermen came through the gate, the fishermen not carrying food made their way into the inn's dinning hall and started lifting the tables to bring them to the town square. One of them turned to bom, rias, karen and ivaan and said 'why don't you join us in the town square, were going to be cooking a feast. though that will take a couple of hours but most of the town folk didn't really get a chance to thank you last night'

olza

Sep 18, 2011
Ivaan looked at the pot of stew bubbling merrily on the hearth.
"Sure, just let me finish up this uuh... Well, now it's just an appetizer, I suppose."
The pot was large, as Ivaan had been planning to share it with the townsfolk.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
"Why don't you join us in the town square? Were going to be cooking a feast, though that will take a couple of hours but most of the town folk didn't really get a chance to thank you last night"

The rather pungent odor of mostly fresh dead fish was a little on the overwhelming side, hurriedly covering his nose Reetch stood back to get a better look at the particularly monstrous beast being dragged through the town. Not unlike anything he had seen before, though evidently a creature that lives locally. He approached the fisherman doing the talking, gesturing for him to stoop closer to hear him.

"I am rather curious to what that particular beast is," Reetch asked, pointing to the behemoth. "Is that thing even edible?"