Can't Relate to Past Interest(s)

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
First-person shooters. It's not just that I don't like where the genre has gone in the past decade (though I don't)... I can't even get back into the games I used to play for hours on end. back in my early adulthood, I probably threw hundreds of hours into multiplayer Unreal Tournament if you count its million mods and total conversions. Now, I have it installed again, I just don't play it often... and I'm not even very good at it anymore. Time was, I could make three quick-succession headshots with a sniper rifle while freefalling to my death. Now, I can't be bothered to try.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
I used to be really huge fan of Tool... Now whenever I listen to them I feel like smashing my head against the wall. I dunno, maybe I listened to their songs on repeat too many times.

Also, The Sims. No game ate up more of my time than The Sims (the first Sims, that is, and expansion packs of course). One The Sims 2 came out, the charm started to fade. I still played The Sims 2 a lot, but once Open for Business was released the appeal began to die, and when the Pets expansion pack came out, and I hated it, I played the game less and less, until finally I just kinda stopped. I picked up The Sims 3, and while I really want to get into it, all the features I REALLY loved about The Sims 2 never made it over to The Sims 3 (like making your own restaurants) and coupled with the fact that you actually need a pretty damn decent graphics card to run the damn thing without it looking like crap, and I'm pretty strapped for cash, it just... Yeah... Bye Sims, you were great :(

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Just discovered this new tune and its perfect for the mood I'm in right now. I used to listen to these guys a while ago and they recently changed their sound from being more extreme metal to a softer post-metal sound.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back and enjoy some of the previous flavors of metal that I used to, it's cool I have those roots though otherwise I wouldn't be able to get into stuff like this (or understand it as well, since this band used to have a heavier metal sound and they themselves progressed musically, in a very similar way that I have).

loc978 said:
First-person shooters. It's not just that I don't like where the genre has gone in the past decade (though I don't)... I can't even get back into the games I used to play for hours on end. back in my early adulthood, I probably threw hundreds of hours into multiplayer Unreal Tournament if you count its million mods and total conversions. Now, I have it installed again, I just don't play it often... and I'm not even very good at it anymore. Time was, I could make three quick-succession headshots with a sniper rifle while freefalling to my death. Now, I can't be bothered to try.
I had a similar experience with Mario Kart Double Dash. If you came up to me 8 years ago I could beat just about anyone on Rainbow Road blindfolded.