Capcom Apologizes for Final Fight: Double Impact DRM

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
dogstile said:
johnman said:
I am loving this. After all the mocking the PC received for having restrictive DRm from the console grounds has now back fired on them.
The Pc is a year or so ahead of consoles, you may laugh at us now, but soon enough it will affect you too.
PC elitism alert. You make it sound like PC gamers don't also own a console. Also it wouldn't work for discs, just downloaded games because so far, consoles don't need a live connection...yet.

Anyway, this DRM is yet again stupid. And just because they think the ps3 hasn't been cracked yet doesn't mean it hasn't. Because it has.
Oh I am a massive Pc elitist, normally I am not so open, its just that I have grown tired of the constant jibes at the Pc as a platform from console fanboys, and rational responses do not seem to get though to them at all.
I use to own a console, but grew tired of them and moved to PC only since the release of the last generation.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
johnman said:
dogstile said:
johnman said:
I am loving this. After all the mocking the PC received for having restrictive DRm from the console grounds has now back fired on them.
The Pc is a year or so ahead of consoles, you may laugh at us now, but soon enough it will affect you too.
PC elitism alert. You make it sound like PC gamers don't also own a console. Also it wouldn't work for discs, just downloaded games because so far, consoles don't need a live connection...yet.

Anyway, this DRM is yet again stupid. And just because they think the ps3 hasn't been cracked yet doesn't mean it hasn't. Because it has.
Oh I am a massive Pc elitist, normally I am not so open, its just that I have grown tired of the constant jibes at the Pc as a platform from console fanboys, and rational responses do not seem to get though to them at all.
I use to own a console, but grew tired of them and moved to PC only since the release of the last generation.
Take a step back, and your'll see it works both ways.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
That's unacceptable. PSN is not absolutely stable, neither any internet connection - sometimes it may malfunction. Therefore such DRM on PS3 is just unacceptable.

And this also proves the fact that DRM exist not to combat piracy, but to allow publisher sell their games twice by stealing them back at some point.