Capcom Apologizes For Street Fighter X Tekken's Missing Co-op

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Capcom Apologizes For Street Fighter X Tekken's Missing Co-op

If you're playing Street Fighter X Tekken on an Xbox 360, you're not getting the full experience, and Capcom is very sorry about that.

The PlayStation 3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken allows two gamers, sitting side-by-side, to battle against online foes in a tag team setting. The Xbox 360 version does not. Why? Capcom's assistant producer Tomoaki Ayano explains:

... we've been asked by some players of the Xbox 360 version about the 4-player co-op mode and why it doesn't work when two players team up (locally) and attempt to play online. Unfortunately, due to time and resource issues, we weren't able to get that feature into the Xbox 360 version and we apologize to those players who were looking forward to it. Throughout the development process, there are times when new features are added (and we added a lot of them!) and there are also times where we have to make tough decisions regarding things to cut. This was one of those times. This mode is supported in the PlayStation 3 version, however, since we tackled that earlier and found the architecture of their system to be more conducive to implementing it. This is the most content we've ever packed into a Street Fighter game, so we hope that there are plenty of other modes and features to keep everyone busy for a long time.

Alongside the surprisingly transparent admission, Ayano also claims to "have some information regarding new updates for Street Fighter X Tekken coming up soon," though offers no hint as to what they might be.

Guesses? The upcoming DLC characters have already been announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.351609-12-New-Fighters-Join-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-Vita-Cast], so I'm hoping for something a bit more esoteric. Something with bowling balls and pins shaped like Heihachi.

You know what I'm talking about [http://www.google.com/search?q=tekken+bowl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=MBJhT52gPMLi2QW9ucSFCA&biw=1205&bih=713&sei=MxJhT__VMabi2AWSldGJCA].

Source: Capcom Unity [http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/03/13/sfxt_dev_blog:_online_update]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Too many ideas, not enough time? Its not often you get that excuse.

Now ill just correctly assume its coming to 360 as a patch at some point before august.

Now i wonder how long until someone claims its coming as pay-for DLC.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
cursedseishi said:
gigastar said:
Too many ideas, not enough time? Its not often you get that excuse.

Now ill just correctly assume its coming to 360 as a patch at some point before august.

Now i wonder how long until someone claims its coming as pay-for DLC.
From the way that comment read? Nope. Spectator Mode was supposed to be a freebie added to Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, instead they dumped all support for the game and released Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

While Capcom won't have a natural disaster to use as an excuse this time, I'm fully expecting the local co-op online play will only see release via a "Street Figther X Tekenn Xtreme" standalone game.
While the updated rerelease of SFxT is inevitable in my books, i doubt Capcom would go as far as to leave the 360 version truly inferior until it did happen.

Also theres Tekken x Street Fighter to come out, Namco's 3D fighter interpretation of the crossover.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Huh. Well at least they're apologising for it. I wouldn't have put it past them to just throw more trolltastic awesomeness out. Capcom really has a weird sense of humour. Apologise for the actual broken stuff but troll the fuck out of anything else.

Just a quick question is Mega Man any good in SFXT? Because that was some of the best trolling I have ever seen. And who else finds SFXT really boring to watch? I think the showy awesomeness of UMVC3 has just ruined all other fighting games for me. Especially when watching it at EVO and the like.

Two guys slowly prodding each other with crouching lights (Super Street Fighter 4 i'm looking at you) vs O MAI GOD THE LOOPS! This

Jorec

Jul 7, 2010
They should be apologizing for locking away 12 characters that are already on the disc for future DLC.

The Wykydtron

Sep 23, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
The Wykydtron said:
Huh. Well at least they're apologising for it. I wouldn't have put it past them to just throw more trolltastic awesomeness out. Capcom really has a weird sense of humour. Apologise for the actual broken stuff but troll the fuck out of anything else.

Just a quick question is Mega Man any good in SFXT? Because that was some of the best trolling I have ever seen. And who else finds SFXT really boring to watch? I think the showy awesomeness of UMVC3 has just ruined all other fighting games for me. Especially when watching it at EVO and the like.

Two guys slowly prodding each other with crouching lights (Super Street Fighter 4 i'm looking at you) vs O MAI GOD THE LOOPS! This

Watching? I prefer UMvC3. Playing? SSF4: AE 2012 or Blazblue. Because in those two games, I don't lose instantly from being hit with a standing medium.
Who has a particularly good standing medium? Wesker? As far as I know Zero is the only character that can one combo KO most characters without any resets. (Dat lightning loop) I really don't pay any attention to the input commands of any characters except the ones I use.

I just find most other fighting games i've seen just look bland. SSF4 just seems to be two guys just staring at each other just waiting for... Something. It's why you'll never see me using people like Ryu, he's disgustingly boring to me. I have to find and use the most interesting guy on the roster *cough*PhoenixWright*cough*. Or a good rushdown character XD

I will say watching the pros play UMVC3 is just amazing at times. The most recent posted match (i think) had a Frank West instakilling Dark Phoenix as soon as she went dark. Fuck that was awesome. How do you think of that on the fly?

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
That is quite the mishap.

Though personally I'm waiting for the Steam release. So this isn't particularly relevant to make, other than feeling sorry for XBOX users and calling a mistake out on being a mistake.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
The Wykydtron said:

Watching? I prefer UMvC3. Playing? SSF4: AE 2012 or Blazblue. Because in those two games, I don't lose instantly from being hit with a standing medium.

Who has a particularly good standing medium? Wesker? As far as I know Zero is the only character that can one combo KO most characters without any resets. (Dat lightning loop) I really don't pay any attention to the input commands of any characters except the ones I use.

I just find most other fighting games i've seen just look bland. SSF4 just seems to be two guys just staring at each other just waiting for... Something. It's why you'll never see me using people like Ryu, he's disgustingly boring to me. I have to find and use the most interesting guy on the roster *cough*PhoenixWright*cough*. Or a good rushdown character XD

I will say watching the pros play UMVC3 is just amazing at times. The most recent posted match (i think) had a Frank West instakilling Dark Phoenix as soon as she went dark. Fuck that was awesome. How do you think of that on the fly?
Iron Fist. Filipino Champ would walk back and forth and just tap medium. If he hit, he would instantly kill them. Combo into corner, followed by Ultra 1, combo back the other direction, followed by Ultra 2 to kill.

I wouldn't judge SSF4 based on Ryu or Ken, the two most boring fighters in the game. Watching a Zangief fight his way in, or a Juri (me) doing goofball combos is a lot of fun. Ibuki and Viper also create some goofball ways to play.
This guy gets it. Then again, he plays Juri. How could he not?

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
"We're Sorry for selling you a part of a game and not telling you about it not being there until after we already have you're money, but we're not going to do anything about it."

More bullshit from the cuntbuckets at Crapcom.

The Wykydtron

Sep 23, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
The Wykydtron said:

Iron Fist. Filipino Champ would walk back and forth and just tap medium. If he hit, he would instantly kill them. Combo into corner, followed by Ultra 1, combo back the other direction, followed by Ultra 2 to kill.

I wouldn't judge SSF4 based on Ryu or Ken, the two most boring fighters in the game. Watching a Zangief fight his way in, or a Juri (me) doing goofball combos is a lot of fun. Ibuki and Viper also create some goofball ways to play.
Just went and found that match... The crazy metre eating lengths the other guy went to to kill Iron Fist was just ridiculous. Yeah I see what you mean that was just hilarious. And for some reason watching Magneto's jump loops just makes me laugh. It's weirdly funny to me

As for SSF4, i'm sure there would be some awesome characters to play but I like the way UMVC3 is structured. Fast paced, easy to understand mechanics, combos that aren't that difficult to pull off, the fact that it's a crossover game, three character teams are just more fun and for some reason the fact that everyone gets at least three hypers each (nine hypers per team roundabouts) makes the game more exciting somehow... Like when you've got Magneto's lvl 3 vs Vergil's lvl 3 and it's just sit back and hope for the best tiemz (Vergil's wins btw). And last character comebacks are awesome.

I'm gonna sound really shallow here but the presentation is just far more stylish in UMVC3 than in SSF4 and that seals the deal for me.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Jorec said:
They should be apologizing for locking away 12 characters that are already on the disc for future DLC.
They've got A LOT to apologize for. Hell, Aris wasn't even punished for his behhavior.