Capcom Apologizes For Street Fighter X Tekken's Missing Co-op

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I wouldn't judge SSF4 based on Ryu or Ken, the two most boring fighters in the game. Watching a Zangief fight his way in, or a Juri (me) doing goofball combos is a lot of fun. Ibuki and Viper also create some goofball ways to play.
the Ken's and Ryu's are actually why i stopped playing SF4, got boring fighting the same guy over and over, and it was getting really easy to.

also, what's Juri handle like?

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
so first they are saying that it was the fault of Microsoft and now they are saying that is was because of time... whoa taking lying to the face to new level. classy Capcom, classy.

and besides this BS and the stuff with DLC, the game is also glitchy as hell. allmost all sound effects are lost when playing online and again people are all playing the same character online, in this case ryu and rufus.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Chaos Marine said:
Can't you do this on Mortal Kombat 9?
Yes, and in numerous other Xbox titles as well. Capcom did originally say they didn't include the feature because it couldn't be done. When everyone and their dog pointed out that not only could it be done but that it already had been done in various games Capcom came out with this excuse (that they didn't include it due to required time and resources).

I don't know if I'd ever use the option myself but it is absolute garbage that it's not included and it's ever worse that they knew about it not being there but didn't say so beforehand. It even says in the printed manual that it's there and yet Capcom didn't admit it's not until they got called out on it.

DTH1337

Feb 27, 2012
Wow, Capcom have been making a lot of inexcusable mistakes lately, haven't they? Might as well add this to the list of mistakes they have made in the last 5 years or so.

List of Capcom mistakes:

1. Disappointing us with Resident Evil 5, a game that while still fun in co-op, had a lot of stupid design decisions such as an AI partner, shorter campaign, and in general nowhere near as good as Resident Evil 4
2. Releasing Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2, which in my opinion had some bad design decisions and is not as good as people make it out to be
3. Releasing Dead Rising: Off The Record, which was essentially Dead Rising 2 with Frank West and nothing else
4. Releasing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 less than a year after the original MVC3, and then releasing more DLC for the game (the word 'Ultimate' should mean just that)
5. Typo issues with some of it's recent games, a minor issue, but still seems weird for gaming companies to do these days
6. And of course, the Street Fighter X Tekken issues of DLC fighters already being on the disc and the absence of co-op fighting on the 360 version

Don't be surprised if these missing features and other stuff are released as either DLC that you have to pay for or as a Super or Ultimate version in less than a year or so.

Capcom, you're better than this. Get it right.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
I wouldn't judge SSF4 based on Ryu or Ken, the two most boring fighters in the game. Watching a Zangief fight his way in, or a Juri (me) doing goofball combos is a lot of fun. Ibuki and Viper also create some goofball ways to play.
the Ken's and Ryu's are actually why i stopped playing SF4, got boring fighting the same guy over and over, and it was getting really easy to.

also, what's Juri handle like?
A lot of flying around the screen, making your opponent waste attacks on where they think you'll end up, and punishing them for it.

Example: Start the match with dive kick, bouncing them off the wall. Next time I dive kick, but do light version, landing short, causing their anti-air attack to miss badly. Then I charge a projectile, pinwheel, cancel it into standing heavy, and end with the charged projectile.
hehehe, she sounds like fun, to bad SSF4:AE needs GFWL :/ me and it aren't on speaking terms anymore