Capcom Contest Loses Severed Limbs

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
gamekid171 said:
why can't companys do stuff like this more often
Because of the obvious alarm and hassle it will cause? You can't just leave body parts lying around a city, the police would freak the fuck out.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
"What should we use to make these look more real?"
"How about raw chicken parts?"
"But, don't those carry a crazy amount of disease and bacteria?"
"Exactly! Just like real corpses!"

One Seven One

Feb 5, 2009
rossatdi said:
gamekid171 said:
why can't companys do stuff like this more often
Because of the obvious alarm and hassle it will cause? You can't just leave body parts lying around a city, the police would freak the fuck out.
not necessarily body parts, just something like a contest but not in the game but still has to do with the game

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
TheGreenManalishi said:
How does the winner know he didn't have a real person's body part?
Hahaha! Some dude holding a real body part and yelling on the bridge - before being arrested and hauled off.

This just sounds like a horrible idea; proof that game companies don't think their advertising through very well.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Trivun said:
Lukeje said:
I'm gonna go 'out on a limb' here say that students probably stole them.
Dude, I'm a student, and the worst we've ever stolen is a traffic sign from the roadworks across the street (cliche, I know). In fact, Accomodation Services came to our flat and formally requested that we put the signs back properly, God knows what they'd think if we had body parts in the fridge... That said, as far as I'm aware, there aren't many crazy games developers in Leeds, so this is pretty unlikely. I suppose the organisers of RAG Week might think up something like this now though, I mean, our Union is already voting on whether or not to have ABBA as the university's official band...
I do have to ask...what the hell is with students stealing traffic signs? Yes it's cliche but I swear you never hear of us stealing anything else. Last year me and my flatmates stole a roadworks sign, and two traffic cones, and was actually forced to throw them out of the window (we were on the 4th floor) when we found out about a formal inspection about 5 minutes beforehand.

And ABBA? Oh dear God...

Anywho I digress.

Lukeje said:
Trivun said:
Lukeje said:
Dude, I'm a student, and the worst we've ever stolen is a traffic sign from the roadworks across the street (cliche, I know). In fact, Accomodation Services came to our flat and formally requested that we put the signs back properly, God knows what they'd think if we had body parts in the fridge... That said, as far as I'm aware, there aren't many crazy games developers in Leeds, so this is pretty unlikely. I suppose the organisers of RAG Week might think up something like this now though, I mean, our Union is already voting on whether or not to have ABBA as the university's official band...
I'm also a student, and I know that realistic-looking body parts could be used to make some awesome costumes.
...Or induce vomiting, it's a coin flip between the two.

It's official, Capcom has lost the plot.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Trivun said:
Lukeje said:
I do have to ask...what the hell is with students stealing traffic signs? Yes it's cliche but I swear you never hear of us stealing anything else. Last year me and my flatmates stole a roadworks sign, and two traffic cones, and was actually forced to throw them out of the window (we were on the 4th floor) when we found out about a formal inspection about 5 minutes beforehand.

And ABBA? Oh dear God...

Anywho I digress.
To be completely honest, having just got back from a pub crawl (in fact, by modern standards this pub crawl, known as the Otley Run, is widely considered the worst and longest pub crawl in the world), I have no idea what to say to that. However, I accept that stealing traffic signs is cliche, but we haven't had that much opportunity to steal anything else. Since taxis travel past most road signs and any other potentially stealable goods then we're kind of stuck for choice. However, as for ABBA, I can't believe there's anyone who doesn't like them, even if they'd never admit it. This is the internet, you're anonymous, so surely you can admit it here? I love ABBA and I'm the least camp person you'll ever meet, and fine, Pierce Brosnan can't sing, but Mamma Mia! was awesome. Deny it with a straight face, that's a tough challenge to beat...

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
This was a pretty damned stupid contest, I think.

Not to be paranoid, but if they were made to be very realistic and even rot, then couldn't somoene just, you know, theoretically actually go cut someone's arm/head/whatever off and hide it somewhere?

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
I'd love to "give them a hand" here, but I'll "go out on a limb" and assume they haven't "lost their heads", otherwise they "won't have a leg" to stand on.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Umm dont look now but I think my new Zombie idea just went horribly awry

I'm gonna lock the base down now and wait for my Daleks to wake up and Exterminate them.

On topic though, thats just creepy in a necro kind of way

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
Okay look at the head in that picture, anyone who would confuse that for a real one is retarded.