Capcom Defends RE5 DLC Pricing

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
johnman said:
On XBL you have to pay to change your name for christs sake, why go you go with this crap?
I think the only reason we have to pay to change our name is because they want to deter us from doing it.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Davey Woo said:
johnman said:
On XBL you have to pay to change your name for christs sake, why go you go with this crap?
I think the only reason we have to pay to change our name is because they want to deter us from doing it.
And why would they want to do that? I bet they are making a fair amount on the name changing alone.

fyrh56

Apr 2, 2008
I can see 5 years from now, you'll pay a $50 jewel fee for the rights to play the game, and from then on you can buy parts for your game.

$2 for the main menu.
$5 for each map/level
$10 for the ability to have boss fights
$30 single player mode

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Ago Iterum said:
jakefongloo said:
jebussaves88 said:
It's their product, they can do what they want. You don't like it don't buy it. It's only £3.60 or something.

I think it's quite funny how some people seem to think they're owed stuff beyond the original contents of the box.
You don't get it the contents of the box SHOULD include the damn multiplayer. It's funny how you can just toss 5$ away on something as totally greedy as this bull your the reason why this asinine quest for money actually works
You dumbass, don't you get what he's saying? He's absolutely right! If they had said "There will be a free multiplayer mode" and then charged for it, fine, get angry. But that's not the case, the online mode is an extra feature. Resident Evil has never had an online mode before, think yourself lucky you get it for this cheap!
The mode was announced to the public the day after retail launch. They plan to release it after 2 weeks. This is a finished product. It could have easily been added to the game already, but they decided not to.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
johnman said:
As for my thoughts, we're talking to the guys who charged for difficulty levels on Megaman 9. This could have been 20 dollars and I wouldn't have been surprised.
I was more of a Megaman X gal. I thought the retro creation of Megaman 9 was cool, but I saw from the sidelines how much DLC content there was, and that there was a cost to it all! I was shocked that "Hard Mode" came with a dollar sign.

But we musn't forget; Corperations love their money.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Firia said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
As for my thoughts, we're talking to the guys who charged for difficulty levels on Megaman 9. This could have been 20 dollars and I wouldn't have been surprised.
I was more of a Megaman X gal. I thought the retro creation of Megaman 9 was cool, but I saw from the sidelines how much DLC content there was, and that there was a cost to it all! I was shocked that "Hard Mode" came with a dollar sign.

But we musn't forget; Corperations love their money.
fyrh56 said:
I can see 5 years from now, you'll pay a $50 jewel fee for the rights to play the game, and from then on you can buy parts for your game.

$2 for the main menu.
$5 for each map/level
$10 for the ability to have boss fights
$30 single player mode
Looks like we are all on the same track.

Dyskresiac

Nov 30, 2007
$5. REALLY people?

$5 will buy you:
-a sub at subway.
-2 12-packs of Soda
-A gallon and a half of gas
-A slice of pizza at a concert
-1/20 of a month's worth of electric OR cable

HOLY CRAP THAT'S A FORTUNE! You have to work a whole HOUR minimum wage to earn that.
Really... are people making a stink about $5? What, they have to bug their parents for more money?

And in the defense of MM9: The game was dirt cheap. Had they included all the DLC, and put it on a CD and sold it for $50 people would've likely bought it. But instead, they decide to release it in parts, and people complain.

Development takes time. Time costs money. Gamers aren't a charity. All they're trying to do is cover production costs.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Why do people think that every game needs Versus?

Imagine how crappy Elder Scrolls games would be with versus? You'd have people with 100% Chameleon fighting each other with Constant Detect Life enchantments to find each other. It'd be a bunch of invisible people or a bunch of purple auras fighting.

Co-op could be enjoyable if they balance enemy levels properly.