Capcom has confirmed that Ninja Theory will be rebooting Megaman X

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
I caught on pretty quickly that this was a joke... but on a serious note, Capcom really needs to wake up and give us a good Mega Man game.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
So, if i understand correctly, Capcom are continuing their recent trend of fucking up their games by giving the project to american companies ? I don't have anything against american companies keep your series to yourselves and japan can keep their series to themselves. The problem is that when a japanese company gives you a project you just put your fucking stamp all over the product (i'll list every american game cliché below).

Don't start telling me things like "Yeah but japanese companies have their own clichés too". Probably but they are less common and japanese don't release as much games as you do.

So, Megaman will get the US stamp just like Resident Evil and Devil May Cry had. So, everybody get ready for:

-A main character with short brown (or black) hair
-A gritty voice
-Shaky cameras
-Hack and Slash
-Female characters having huge knockers
-Floaty heads collage on the cover of the game with the character turning his back on the camera
-Short game
-DLC's up the ass
-Brown graphics

but hey, at least Ninja Theory will "make Megaman true to it's roots" Pfff.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Trishbot said:
Capcom really needs to wake up and give us a good Mega Man game.
I'm still reeling over the loss of Megaman Legends 3.

That game... deserved to be made.;_;

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
The Floating Nose said:
So, if i understand correctly, Capcom are continuing their recent trend of fucking up their games by giving the project to american companies ? I don't have anything against american companies keep your series to yourselves and japan can keep their series to themselves. The problem is that when a japanese company gives you a project you just put your fucking stamp all over the product (i'll list every american game cliché below).

Don't start telling me things like "Yeah but japanese companies have their own clichés too". Probably but they are less common and japanese don't release as much games as you do.

So, Megaman will get the US stamp just like Resident Evil and Devil May Cry had. So, everybody get ready for:

-A main character with short brown (or black) hair
-A gritty voice
-Shaky cameras
-Hack and Slash
-Female characters having huge knockers
-Floaty heads collage on the cover of the game with the character turning his back on the camera
-Short game
-DLC's up the ass
-Brown graphics

but hey, at least Ninja Theory will "make Megaman true to it's roots" Pfff.
You do realize that my OP was completely satirical, right? I was making a statement about the pile of garbage that is going to be DmC.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
LilithSlave said:
Trishbot said:
Capcom really needs to wake up and give us a good Mega Man game.

Supposedly one of the reasons it got canceled was the 3DS wasn't doing very well... but now the 3DS is selling a ton, has outsold the DS in the same timeframe, and is getting loads more support and use.

If that had any influence on their decision, they were WAY to hasty.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Thank God this is a joke, otherwise I know a certian somebody who would've lost their voice from all the rage, and vowed to kill Ninja Theory.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Man, that sure is a very long way of saying, "His hair is the wrong colour."

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
Zhukov said:
If you could direct me to where he made any reference to hair color in the original post, I'd be much obliged. Until then, I'll be over here where everyone's moved past that silly argument that fanboys are still claiming is the only reason people don't like DmC, rather than, say, shitty combat, vomit-worthy aesthetics, bad enemy design, or the designers being assholes to the consumers. Have you heard of John Romero?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Can we just make a thing where only the company that made the game can reboot it? I mean...I hate bringing these two up, but...Crash and Spyro.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
EHKOS said:
Can we just make a thing where only the company that made the game can reboot it? I mean...I hate bringing these two up, but...Crash and Spyro.
Oh god Spyro! What did they do to you!

*Scrubs*

It... wont... come... off!!!!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Revenent said:
Zhukov said:
If you could direct me to where he made any reference to hair color in the original post, I'd be much obliged.
He didn't.

Until then, I'll be over here where everyone's moved past that silly argument that fanboys are still claiming is the only reason people don't like DmC, rather than, say, shitty combat, vomit-worthy aesthetics, bad enemy design, or the designers being assholes to the consumers. Have you heard of John Romero?
Wait... "fanboy"? Fanboy of what exactly?

You're not making any sense at all, lad.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I lol'd at the new X because that was what I immediately thought of.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Holy shit this made me feel old. I got the joke pretty quickly, but... I never knew they kept making 'em after X3. I always figured Mega Man died with the SNES.

...so you've helped me discover more games I missed along the way. Now to find them...

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
LilithSlave said:

*weeps pitifully on your shoulder*

*sniff*

he... he was so young

*sobs*

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Salomega said:
Jiggle Physics and Daddy issues for all. Seriously though, I don't buy ninja theory games simply because I don't honestly enjoy them and after the horror story that Metroid turned into I don't think I'll be inclined to buy anything from them anytime soon. That is all.
Dude, no. That's Team Ninja, not Ninja Theory. Ninja Theory was responsible for good-for-a-first-attempt Heavenly Sword and the amazingly beautiful Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, games both about small breasted women notably without daddy issues, where characterization is important and well handled, and goes hand in hand with a gameplay that's being improved with each pass.

Team Ninja, however, is found in relation of jiggle physics, terrible, one dimensional characters, and poorly wrought central issues, all mixed into a troublesome gameplay stew that hasn't improved much.

EHKOS said:
Great idea. Team Sonic should have stayed wi...oh...right. It's been them the whole time.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
loc978 said:
Holy shit this made me feel old. I got the joke pretty quickly, but... I never knew they kept making 'em after X3. I always figured Mega Man died with the SNES.

...so you've helped me discover more games I missed along the way. Now to find them...
Whoa. You've actually missed, on top of that, 2 entire games series that are direct sequels to the x series, 6 games in all.