Capcom Japan Unveils Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Intro Cinematic

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Capcom Japan Unveils Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Intro Cinematic

In advance of the game's November release, Capcom Japan has apparently decided to grace us with footage of Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3's opening.

This clip/news comes courtesy of Siliconera. I say that both to give them propers for feeding my ongoing addiction to all things Capcom-branded pugilism and just in case this clip wasn't supposed to find its way into public hands. Capcom, if you must blame anyone, blame them (and thanks in advance for the Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 review copy).

With typical blame-shunting out of the way, let's discuss the footage itself. While pretty, and certainly evocative of the game's bombastic, colorful style, I'm a bit let down at the lack of motion in this clip. The original Marvel Vs Capcom 3 had fully CGI-animated vignettes showing the characters squaring off one-on-one and en masse, and while I do think the idea of Deadpool surfing on Phoenix Wright's speech bubble is brilliant, I would have preferred to see the actual fight leading up to that moment of fourth wall bashing.

That said, I admit, the cinematic does serve its purpose: I am now even more hyped for the game than I was before, and I was able to use this opportunity to give the title even more superfluous, arguably unnecessary press coverage. Well done Capcom. You know me all too well.

Those of you likewise psyched for Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 can pick the game up for the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 on November 15 for $40.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/20/an-early-look-at-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3s-opening-movie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29]

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
At first I was annoyed that this game existed at all, now I know they are including enough content to make me think it was worth making a new game. I will still be waiting a while before I get this though, just to make sure they won't release another one.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
This isn't news, normal Capcom (capcom-unity.com) revealed this trailer days ago. Officially. Honestly with some news posts >.>

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So the trailer is pretty much the same trailer posted here days ago but with a different music? So would it be the same intro for elsewhere outside of Japan?

Carlioo

Oct 19, 2011
This looks pretty awesome... Almost makes me want to buy the game :p

Seriously though, I am kinda surpirsed that Capcom have put so much into this rerelease, considering how idiotic they have been lately.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Vigilantis said:
Still waiting on UMvC3:Super happy funtime edition
Seriously? Every time I read a thread or article about MvC 3, people crack that same stupid and tired joke. Just end it. It stopped being funny after seeing it the second time.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Xeraxis said:
Vigilantis said:
Seriously? Every time I read a thread or article about MvC 3, people crack that same stupid and tired joke. Just end it. It stopped being funny after seeing it the second time.
Exactly the same could be said for every time they decide to bring out the same game with minimal differences since a lot of games seem to follow the easy route.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Xeraxis said:
Vigilantis said:
Exactly the same could be said for every time they decide to bring out the same game with minimal differences since a lot of games seem to follow the easy route.
Yep.. except that train of thought doesn't apply to UMvC3 so the far too oft repeated "joke" has no place in this thread of any other relating to the game.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Baresark said:
DVS BSTrD said:
The Deadpool bit cracked me up, but who was it that Dr. Strange was fighting?
He was fighting Morgana.
You mean Morrigan :D

She's on my main team with Ammy and X-23.
Haha, I did indeed. I never play as her really, so I fucked up her name, of course. Thanks for the correction.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
StriderShinryu said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Xeraxis said:
Vigilantis said:
Yep.. except that train of thought doesn't apply to UMvC3 so the far too oft repeated "joke" has no place in this thread of any other relating to the game.
You talk about the joke having no place in this thread yet you accept copy+paste on almost any level and i sometimes question as to why people bother.

I guess i wasted my time trying to point out how ironic it was for the joke to appear in such a thread.

Penitent

Oct 25, 2008
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Vault Citizen said:
At first I was annoyed that this game existed at all, now I know they are including enough content to make me think it was worth making a new game. I will still be waiting a while before I get this though, just to make sure they won't release another one.
What IS being added to this version? I sold my copy of the original a month after it released. It just felt like... a belimic game sort of. Didn't nearly have the content that, say, Street Fighter IV had when it released.

I am thinking of picking up a copy before I go to college and maybe a fight stick. Would this and Mortal Kombat be good for the PS3?
To be fair to Capcom, quite a lot. Lemme list them for the sake of structure:

- Better webcode. We can watch matches in Spectator Mode, and connections will hopefully be more stable.
- Complete rebalancing of the game. While few games are perfect with their balance, the changes they've made will hopefully leave things like the Best Friends and Phoenix a little less stupid, whilst giving folks like Chris more tools to plug the gaps in their fighting style.
- 12 new characters. Like Phoenix Wright. :D
- Just-for-fun modes. A Heroes vs Heralds mode (free DLC sometime after launch) with things that are awesome yet break the game's balance, like new combo strings, cards, using only one character, etc.

As far as I've seen, the only thing missing is a Story Mode - and Megaman. :<

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Vault Citizen said:
What IS being added to this version? I sold my copy of the original a month after it released. It just felt like... a belimic game sort of. Didn't nearly have the content that, say, Street Fighter IV had when it released.

I am thinking of picking up a copy before I go to college and maybe a fight stick. Would this and Mortal Kombat be good for the PS3?
I know there is a ton of new fighters being added as well as a new mode (it was in the news section recently), there will probably also be some tweaks to make the game more balanced.

There may be more but if there is I don't know about it, I'd recommend Mortal Kombat for the ps3 as it has a fun roster and the story is apparently good.

For this game I would suggest you see what you think from the reviews.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Vault Citizen said:

UMvC3 adds:
12 new characters, most of which are completely new to the versus series
8 new backgrounds
Galactus play mode
Heroes and Heralds mode (think of MvC3 plus a collectable card game where the cards you equip power you up or give you entirely new abilities. Not a full story mode, but a more beefy single player experience than was in vanilla)
Complete character rebalance, including new moves for some characters
X-Factor and combo system rebalance
UI overhaul
Online play improvements (smoother play, proper rematch options, lobbies with spectating, etc.)
A lower price tag ($40 at release)

Personally, I would never recommend one buy MK though I know a lot of people like it. I'd say stick with SSF4:AE and UMvC3 for now and then next year pick up Street Fighter X Tekken and/or Tekken Tag 2. For PS3, another good option would be Tekken Tag Hybrid Edition which I believe should be out soon. It includes a preview of Tekken Tag 2 plus an HD update of Tekken Tag 1. Of course, if you're into anime at all, you'd also do well with any of the Blaz Blue games or maybe SkullGirls when it launches (though it's not really anime, it is more.. cartoony).

If you're thinking about getting a stick but aren't sure, you can pick up a fight pad. They have the proper button layout for a fighter but won't mean you need to learn a new control style (and they're much much cheaper, assuming you're looking at buying a good quality fight stick).