Capcom Made Special Mega Man Glasses for Sale

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Capcom Made Special Mega Man Glasses for Sale

Capcom's celebrating 30 years with glasses featuring Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil, and Ghosts'n Goblins.

Capcom has a 30-year history, and one of its most beloved series is Mega Man. For the anniversary, the company is making memorabilia, one of which is glasses. Sold through Zoff, a Japanese eyeglasses company, glasses feature Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil, and Ghosts'n Goblins.

While they look like unassuming plastic frames on the outside, the inside part of the frames feature characters drawn in the Mega Man style. The Mega Man glasses are black on the outside and blue on the inside, showing Mega Mans fighting. Platformer Ghosts'n Goblins, red and black, shows characters drawn in the same style as Mega Man, as are the characters from Resident Evil and Phoenix Wright on their respective eyeglasses. The characters from Resident Evil each occupy a white circle and hold guns. One end of the glasses reads "Biohazard." Defense attorney Phoenix Wright and prosecutor Miles Edgeworth point aggressively, no doubt shouting "Objection!" at each other. Each pair of eyeglasses also comes with a stylized cleaning cloth for each series. Each glasses case reads "30th Anniversary Capcom."

Zoff sells the glasses for 5,250 yen, roughly $52, but corrective lenses will cost more. Zoff is also only located in Japan. The glasses are a Zoff-online exclusive, and fitting them is free of charge at a Zoff store. Getting prescription lenses costs a fee at the Zoff store.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.zoff.co.jp/sp/capcom-30th/]

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Well....look at it this way. At least capcom did something with the ip. Right? Eh, who am I kidding, no one cares about mega man anymore :(

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Well....look at it this way. At least capcom did something with the ip. Right? Eh, who am I kidding, no one cares about mega man anymore :(
Plenty of people still care about Mega Man - it's just that none of them happen to be employed by Capcom.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Capcom has a funny way of celebrating it's anniversary.
Feels more like them going "hey, remember how awesome we used to be?" than anything else.

I mean, two of the four franchises featured are pretty much dead and one is often considered long past its prime.
Also, where is Street Fighter? You'd think their most recognizable thing ever would be in there.

Captcha: sick puppy
Oh well, best put it down then

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
Teoes said:
TwoSidesOneCoin said:
Plenty of people still care about Mega Man - it's just that none of them happen to be employed by Capcom.
Oh man, I can't wait till Mighty No 9 comes out! Shovel Knight will have to keep me busy till then!

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
This is not the right way to treat the Blue Bomber who made your company back in the day, Capcom.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
They only use Megaman for nostalgia items or mash-up games anymore, don't they.
I hope Mighty No. 9 will be good.

Agente L

Apr 4, 2010
Well, it's good to know that megaman is still alive.

As long it's for money grabbing merchandising, looks like.

KazeAizen

Jul 17, 2013
Glaice said:
This is not the right way to treat the Blue Bomber who made your company back in the day, Capcom.
Seriously. I've been waiting for a Mega Man ZX 3 and Legends 3 for years. Hopefully one day the stars will align and give Inafune his creation back. He obviously wanted to make a modern HD 2.5D Mega Man game but Capcom said no twice and made 9 and 10. If he didn't want to make it I'm sure we wouldn't be having Mighty No. 9 coming out.