Capcom: Making Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat Not As Easy as It Sounds

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
To be honest I don't really see certain characters like Ryu or Guile having Fatality moves (they woldn't outright kill anyone although evil characters like Vega or Juri would be perfect).
Not a problem! We could easily have heroic brutailities instead!

Okay sarcasm aside, I think a SF vs KoF would be pretty cool as well.

And seriously, I guess this is just meant to be. It would have to have the gore, and since Ono doesn't want any gore, no SF vs MK :(

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Fishyash said:
dyre said:
meh, if there needs to be a compromise, cut the gore. MK's gore is tasteless anyway
I just want to present this to you:

THIS is why you shouldn't cut the gore. It's... it's just not mortal kombat.

That's the thing about mortal kombat, it just wouldn't be as good without the gore unfortunately, despite how tasteless it is.
it's still an awesome fighting game

OT: srsly, I hope it does come through one day and we get Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter

though I can't really bring myself to see Chun Li getting eviscerated

Ryu can, though

fuck Ryu

and Ken

LZeroK

May 25, 2009
Oh noes! we might not get another fighting crossover that we can milk later by adding more characters or even more a special edition!

I don't care for Capcom until they bring back MegaMan!

FYC.

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
I'd love to see a DC vs Marvel game, but only if I can have Captain America miraculously defeat Superman. Honestly, I don't know who I would rout for in Wolverine Vs Batman.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
"[It] would be pretty damned cool if we could ever pull it off," he said. "If I can get the presidents of those two companies in the same room shaking hands, then we could get something started."
No offense Ono, but if I was in the shoes of a DC executive and considering something like this, your company would be the LAST I would ever trust with a crossover game these days, considering the garbage you're pulling right now with your other fighting game fans.

We have ArkSys, Namco Bandai, AM2, and NeatherRealm Studios making fighters, and given how much better they are at quality games, with shorter to none track records of re-releases with little to some extra content, they are the ones who should hold the honor of making crossover fighters. Not you.

OK. Rant over. Seriously though, Capcom, keep dreaming. Anyone with good sense wouldn't pick you for that job anymore.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
Doesn't Warner Bros own DC & NetherRealm Studios?

It'd be really weird if Warner released a fighting game that didn't take advantage of them owning a company that pretty much exclusively makes fighting games.

Until both companies are in dire needs of money I doubt this will happen.

Then again the 3DS dropped in price by 80$ within 5 months so anything can happen.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Keep capcom AWAY from my Mortal Kombat, MK9 has given me an undying service of pleasure where as Capcomes recent releases have all been huge kicks in the balls.

No capcom you greedy bastards you shall not corrupt my MK.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I'd love to see Cage knock Ryu's head off 3 times.

GreatTeacherCAW said:
Well, if a Mortal Kombat game was designed by Capcom, that would mark the first time that the fighting in the MK games was decent, and not just focused on gore.
I've never understood the SF fighting. There are no combos besides jumping kick to standard punch a time or two and jump kick to crouching kick. All you really can do is spam special moves. The AI cheats in SF, pure and simple. It is able to fire off Sonic Booms faster than you can fire hadokens, ignoring the 2 seconds you would have to hold left between each one. It never has to do the retarded "charging" nonsense where you have to hold down for 2 seconds before doing a flip kick. And don't get me started on the ridiculousness of the super and hyper moves (I remember some moves demanding 3 full circles on the d-pad on top of an awkward button combo).

cheesyman987

Mar 19, 2011
What if they didn't make it a full game, but rather have their dark characters that wouldn't seem out of place (Akuma) in as guest characters. That could work. I don't think Capcom would have a problem with Akuma being mutilated or mutilating Mortal Kombat characters.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
You could make it so the Mortal Kombat guys can be decapitated, and decapitate each other, while the Street Fighter characters are immune to blood-letting and decapitations and faux-kill their way to victory. So Mortal Kombat guy's limbs fly off in every direction, and the Street Fight guys fall in a lump on the floor.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
J03bot said:
I wholeheartedly support the DC vs. Marvel idea. Wasn't there a comic crossover way back when? So it happening again shouldn't be entirely out of the question, right?
i remember seeing that, thumb threw it to see Captain America and Batman fighting on a roof top, so yeah, DC VS Marvel shouldn't be to hard to get going, and it'd be WAY more awesome the SF VS MK >.> (which would likely suck like DC VS MK did)