Capcom Offers New (Error Free) RE: Revelations Case Sleeve

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Capcom Offers New (Error Free) RE: Revelations Case Sleeve

If you're truly upset about the spelling error on your copy of Resident Evil: Revelations, Capcom's willing to make amends and send you a new sleeve.

The early run of <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-Revelations-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B0050SVLI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328734015&sr=8-1>Resident Evil: Revelations in North America contains a rather embarrassing spelling error: Instead of "Revelations", it says "Revelaitons" on the sleeve. That said, Capcom is offering gamers a corrected sleeve, should they want it.

The Capcom Unity blog has addressed the issue in a post from Gregaman:

Here's a revelation: The title of the game is spelled wrong! Good gravy!

As you may well have heard by now, the title of Revelations is indeed misspelled on the spine of the game box (as "Revelaitons"). Unfortunately, the initial North American shipment of the game will reflect this error, but we just got confirmation that subsequent shipments of the title are being repackaged to have the correct spelling. Meanwhile, customers who have received the misspelled version can contact our Customer Service line at 650-350-6700 or by email at [email protected] and we'll send you a new insert for your case. So yay!

If you do wind up demanding a corrected sleeve, keep the one with the typo: It might turn into a collector's item one day, and then you can sell it for countless millions to build your own<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109642-Ride-Out-the-Apocalypse-in-the-Worlds-First-Zombie-Proof-House> zombie-proof home. OK, probably not, but it never hurts to dream a little.

Source: <a href=http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/02/03/revelations_spelling_fail_being_addressed_post-haste>Capcom

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
So...Resident Evil: Revel! is clearly better somehow?

NO, IT'S NOT!

Look, you had it right the first time. Just switch some letters around and you're good.

By the way, I'm assuming that picture by the article is the way the box is gonna look once you ask for a replacement.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Beautiful End said:

NO, IT'S NOT!

Look, you had it right the first time. Just switch some letters around and you're good.

By the way, I'm assuming that picture by the article is the way the box is gonna look once you ask for a replacement.
It says Resident Evil Revelations on mine. I don't know if the replacement will though. Also I can't see anyone who's honestly bothered about a simple typo.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
You'd think they'd hire proof-readers to check for this kind of stuff. Still, spelling errors make me chuckle, especially when it's finalised stuff. Road painters here in the UK accidentally put "shcool" on the road instead of "school" in one area. I was laughing for ages. And "keep klear." Brilliant.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Brad Shepard said:
why would you want a new sleeve? This crap could be worth some money someday.
You know what they say: Some idiot is willing to pay big money for the crap you own right now.

I myself have a pair of misprinted discs from the Age of Wonders collection.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yopaz said:
Beautiful End said:

NO, IT'S NOT!

It says Resident Evil Revelations on mine. I don't know if the replacement will though. Also I can't see anyone who's honestly bothered about a simple typo.
Mine DOES say 'Revelaitons'. I guess what bothers people is that a game of this caliber had a typo. We're not dealing with an indie game that two dudes programmed in their basement. This is a Capcom game. So it's not that it bothers people. It's just that it's hard to believe. Like someone said, you would think they have proofreaders or something. And out of all the people that worked on the game, not even a single person caught the typo before the game was shipped to stores.

And the proof that it doesn't bother them? Most people will probably keep the case. Capcom just gave them a potential profitable item for the future. I know I'm keeping mine. I mean, the game works fine and all, so whatever.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Beautiful End said:
Yopaz said:
Beautiful End said:

NO, IT'S NOT!

Mine DOES say 'Revelaitons'. I guess what bothers people is that a game of this caliber had a typo. We're not dealing with an indie game that two dudes programmed in their basement. This is a Capcom game. So it's not that it bothers people. It's just that it's hard to believe. Like someone said, you would think they have proofreaders or something. And out of all the people that worked on the game, not even a single person caught the typo before the game was shipped to stores.

And the proof that it doesn't bother them? Most people will probably keep the case. Capcom just gave them a potential profitable item for the future. I know I'm keeping mine. I mean, the game works fine and all, so whatever.
You make some great points there and I guess you're right. It is strange that this little dyslectic error wasn't noticed before it hit the market.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Brad Shepard said:
why would you want a new sleeve? This crap could be worth some money someday.
Put the correct sleeve on the game, and store the other one for safekeeping? :p

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Beautiful End said:

NO, IT'S NOT!

I don't think it is. I think it's a joke by Capcom to make light of the whole thing. It's the image they've used to illustrate their blog post (titled "Revelations Spelling Fail Being Addressed Post-Haste").