Capcom Releases New Face-Breaking Super SF4 Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Capcom Releases New Face-Breaking Super SF4 Trailer

Want to see Cody, Guy, and T. Hawk throwing down with Juri and Dee Jay in Super Street Fighter IV [http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Playstation-3/dp/B002TDIEEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279056624&sr=1-1]? Capcom's latest trailer has all that jazz and a little bit more.

Well, it looks like Super Street Fighter IV is shaping up nicely for its end-of-April release [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97766-Capcom-Dates-Super-SF4-Lost-Planet-2-Dead-Rising-2].

The above trailer shows off the new characters revealed thus far: SF2's T. Hawk and Dee Jay, SF Alpha's Cody, Adon, and Guy, and newcomer Juri, all beating each others' faces in. Or, in the case of Cody, throwing knives at people very, very slowly. I'm actually reasonably sure that it shouldn't be able to stay in the air at that velocity.

It also reminds me how freakin' awesome the action in the Street Fighter IV intro cutscene was, and I'm kind of dying to see that fight between Chun-Li and Juri play out at length.

Now, of course, the big deal is that Capcom still hasn't announced the remaining three characters on the roster. Where the hell are my Dudley and Ibuki, guys? Come on. Come on!

ilovedawkins

Jan 13, 2010
Omg I hope Cammy gets a (reliable) cross up and more speed+ invulnerability on her quick spin knuckle.

Street fighter 4 is so close to a very good balance, but chars like Cammy (my main, Honda and Ken just need little tweeks to be as complete as say Ryu and Sagat. Super street fighter 4 could be amazing if they look at as objectively as the HD remix people looked at SF2.

Also Juri and Guy look hella fun to play!

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Nice. I probably will have fun playing guy.

Also, come on Dudley! I have never played him before but he looks awesome.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
I would be ever so happy if Capcom would finally answer my one main super-important question: Is Charlie dead or not?? Seriously, quit jerking my chain!

That said, I have very high hopes for this title. I already enjoy SF4 thoroughly, so this can only improve on a good thing, in my opinion. Also, YAY, Cody!

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Looks exiting.

Funny thing. The advert that came up when the car was getting smashed said "Mazda Scrappage Deals"

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Even though I am terrible at Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, Jesus Christ, that trailer made my face explode.

Cod of War

Jan 13, 2010
MOTHER OF GOD!! That was incredible!

Capcom please release this for the PC. Please! You guys love the PC right?

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
So pumped for this. It's looking better and better with each successive trailer. And from the look of the new cutscenes, I might actually bother to watch each character's intro and ending instead of skipping them both.

Also, if I hear one more ignorant jackass mouthing off about DLC, I'm gonna scream.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Burst6 said:
Nice. I probably will have fun playing guy.

Also, come on Dudley! I have never played him before but he looks awesome.
dudley is about control (he had moves that push enemies back, or space him) while Balrog is about power (almost all his moves are rushing, and look the same 'till the end of the move) so it would be nice to have him to up against Balrog.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Here we go again.

Back in my day, we ended up with 14 games that came out after Street Fighter II, all named STREET FIGHTER II. There was Super Street Fighter II. Turbo Street Fighter II. Super Turbo Street Fighter II. Super Turbo Ultimate.... well you get the idea. It got old after a while.

I hope you guys are ready for the same to happen with Street Fighter IV. Why buy this one? Save your money for the super turbo ultimate edition that will come out next.

Penitent

Oct 25, 2008
Kilowog17 said:
Isn't this the point of DLC?
Capcom have already explained that the manner in which Street Fighter IV was coded prevents them from applying DLC such as new characters and reworking of the online system. The compromise is that they release this expansion pack which contains all of this, but at a lower, more reasonable cost.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Juri looks more than a little like a King of Fighters character. Also, I was expecting more rage about what is basically Capcom repeating their SF strategy on the SNES, on next-gen consoles. Wait till next year when it's Super Street Fighter 4: The Newer Warriors of the Planet. Expect to see such amazing new faces as Fei Long, Bland Shoto Clone #437 and ShinShinShin Akuma.

I'll take KoF '98: Ultimate Match, thank you.