Capcom Remixes Memories in New Remember Me Trailer

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Capcom Remixes Memories in New Remember Me Trailer

[video=6917]

Capcom announces a release date and shows off a new trailer for Remember Me.

June isn't a month overflowing with big days to look forward to. Yes, there's Father's Day, and National Éclair Day is always fun but overall, it's a bit bare. Thanks to Capcom however, there's now one more day to mark on the calendar. The publisher has revealed a release date and a new trailer for its upcoming sci-fi action title, Remember Me. The game, developed by newcomer studio Dontnod Entertainment, will land on American store shelves June 4th with the European release following shortly after on June 7th.

Remember Me was revealed at last year's TGS and takes place in a dystopian version of Paris, where the watchdog corporation Memoreyes deals in the manipulation of memories. It follows Nilin, a memory-hunter formerly in Memoreyes' employ, who has had her own memories erased and is searching for a way restore them while she uncovers the secrets behind her own powers and why the corporation fears her.

A game about an amnesiac protagonist is not exactly fresh ground but, to Remember Me and Dontnod's credit, the game shown off in the new trailer does look ambitious. Alongside melee combat reminiscent of Rocksteady's Batman games, Remember Me will feature mechanics that allow the player to alter the memories of their foes for a variety of effects, both in and outside of combat. The game's story will also focus heavily on the importance of a person's memories and what their destruction and manipulation means on a personal and moral level.

When Remember Me was first announced, some were skeptical about its chances of success as a new IP coming out at the tail end of the current console cycle. That said, it looks interesting and, as Capcom themselves demonstrated with the success of last year's Dragon's Dogma, there is still room this late in the game for successful new properties to emerge. Time will have to tell if Remember Me winds up being the unforgettable hit that Capcom is hoping for.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Ummm why did I have to enter my age when this was originally posted?
Because, normally, any 'M-Rated' video/game does that.

It's a way for TE to cover their asses.
Same reason why youtube requires you do 'allow mature content', if you're going to be looking a certain flagged videos.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Ummm why did I have to enter my age when this was originally posted?
Because we wanted to see if you stilled REMEMBERED it :D

Also crap. I forgot this was made by Capcom of all people. Was actually looking forward to this seemingly hub-based platform-puzzlerish action thingy.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Good time to release it, instead of cramming it in with everything else in September/October to flop miserably.

Dec 14, 2009
Aren't trailers supposed to make me want the game more?

I'm not impressed, and I liked the first gameplay vid.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Kinda excited about this game. On the other hand, it's Capcom. I'd rather wait for the reviews before seriously considering getting this.

DrunkenElfMage

Aug 17, 2011
A new IP AND a female protagonist!?! I dig the premise too. We should be rewarding risks like this in the gaming industry, so I am going to buy this the first chance I have.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010

Always reminded of this whenever I see the title.

Anyway, I'm quite looking forward to it, and it's nice to see it has a release date close to my birthday. Might well pick it up

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Sign of the times:

I thought that this trailer would have a remixed version of David Guetta's Memories.

FML.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I want to like this so much more than I do but for some reason the fact that it's supposed to be such a linear experience just turns me off. I don't mind linearity in general but it just seems like it doesn't fit with this game.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
I actually and honestly think it looks fine. Gameplay could also be pretty good. I'm a sucker for those cheesy memory-style thriller-stories. Not keeping my hopes too high though. It may end up being pretty good.

Considering this is Capcom, I will no doubt wait a few weeks after release in case they decide to hold back some DLC. If they do release awful DLC for this game, I'll just end up waiting a few more months for the "complete" version of the game to come out. Their loss; I can wait.

bimon_1234567

Mar 15, 2012
Now this might turn out to be something interesting. It may even be something slightly unconventional...

If you were to judge this game by its cover though, you'd have to come to the conclusion that things aren't looking too bright.

Did anyone else chuckle when they saw the familiar female-showing-her-posterior-while-looking-over-her-shoulder motif?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Something isn't right here. A new sci-fi cyberpunk IP from CAPCOM featuring a female protagonist and no guns?

Where's the terrible DLC deal to put me off from buying this?

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
I'm looking forward to an interesting cyberpunk game with a strong narrative focus and thematic elements?

CAPCOM? Oh well, nevermind then.

In all honestly, I'm interested, but have a feeling I may not dig the final product.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I kind of hope they do an ending collage like Bioware did with Dragon Age: Origins and Jade Empire where they show or tell people about the enemies or other characters that have their memories erased/mixed up. I think that would be really cool and kinda heartbreaking as well.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Weird...

I should like this. It's got all the elements that should, in theory, make me excited for this game.

But I'm not. It simply looks so uninspired...

Maybe it's because of the large amount of movies already featuring pretty much exactly this storyline.