Capcom to Promote Resident Evil 6 With Human Butchery

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Capcom to Promote Resident Evil 6 With Human Butchery

The Wesker & Son butcher's shop will allow Londoners to "sample and purchase a dizzying array of edible human limbs."

To promote the impending launch of Resident Evil 6, Capcom has turned to an age-old marketing trick; Pseudocannibalism. The Wesker & Son human butchery opens tomorrow in London's famous Smithfield meat market. The stall will offer "a dizzying array of edible human limbs including hands, feet and a human head," as well as a few classy cocktails with titles like "Puss" or "Stool Sample."

"Gamers will be able to buy 'Peppered Human & Lemon Sausages' and 'J'avo Caught Human Thigh Steaks,'" adds Capcom, "along with some specially made pots of Red Herb and Green Herb."

No mention of a Jill sandwich or steaks with COMPLETE GLOBAL MARINATION, which means whoever organized this event should be fired immediately.

Now normally I wouldn't feel the need to point out something so obvious, but this is Capcom we're talking about, so to be clear: This isn't actually human meat, it's animal meat with makeup. The stall's produce is the work of food artist, Sharon Baker, with help from food businesses, Tongue N Cheek and Homemade Hampers.

All the proceeds from the sale of the meat will be donated to the Limbless Association, [http://www.limbless-association.org/] which provides information and support to the limb-loss community.

If pretending to be a cannibal and drinking cocktails from specimen bags isn't your thing, Capcom is also planning a set of lectures at St. Bartholomew's Hospital Pathology Museum. The lectures, spread across two days, explain the themes of Resident Evil 6 and how they relate to the real world.

Resident Evil 6 is due for release on 360 and PS3 on October 2nd, with a PC port to follow in November.

Source: MCVUK [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/resident-evil-6-presents-the-world-s-first-human-butchery-in-london/]

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Grey Carter said:
COMPLETE GLOBAL MARINATION
No please God no.

Anyway, was kind of digging this until I got to 'puss and stool sample'. Then I threw up in my mouth a little.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Oh Capcom, random shit like this is why I love you sometimes. Of course some of the other stuff you can do makes me hate you at times, so it evens out.

I must admit I am also disappointed at the lack of a Jill Sandwich though.

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
I understand that this isn't real human meat and all, but I still find it a bit disturbing. I mean, I guess it makes sense to celebrate RE6 this way, because of the whole zombie thing and what not. Still seems unsettling to me though.

At least its going to a good cause though, eat a limb, provide a limb? :p

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
What?

Capcom, you're doing it WRONG!... says my moral side

But my awesome side says this is pretty cool...

So I say "Good show" to Capcom!

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Now Capcom America should take the hint and do something RE/Food related. I mean, Japan also has the restaurant, and now this?

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
for some reason, i can't help but think of FO:NV's white glove society's uhm... practices.

captcha: tight lipped. Why are captchas almost always so appropriate?

corysagataw

Jul 12, 2010
I like the cannibal idea and the wordplay they did with "Wesker and Son", but I would be hesitant to go because it's Capcom. Capcom has hurt me so much already.

That and there's an ocean between me and London.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
THE PEOPLE IS SOYLENT GREEN! THE PEOPLE IS SOYLENT GREEN!

Ahem, anyways this is kind of awesome.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
VoidWanderer said:
So this is where the viral marketers for EA come from....
The fact that they're donating the money to amputees must be slightly more offensive to that organization than if they had not offered anything at all. "Oh, sorry. I guess pretending to eat human body parts would be offensive to you. Here's some money."

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
Donating the money of a limb butchers to amputees? Doesn't anyone feel like that just slightly crosses the line into bad taste?

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
GenGenners said:
Donating the money of a limb butchers to amputees? Doesn't anyone feel like that just slightly crosses the line into bad taste?
I wouldn't say it slightly crosses the line. I'd say it leaps clear over the line.

I admit I find it utterly hilarious... but in a I-can't-believe-they-went-there way.

Also

bad taste
Yes, cannibalism, even fake cannibalism, is definitely in bad... taste.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I guess no publicity is bad publicity... but did this really seem like a good idea? This just seems like it would upset people. Also, Why U no have Jill sandwich?

ducktapemax

Nov 17, 2009
I would like to try out that pepered human. what... its not real humans?... i'll try it anyway.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
But will there be...

http://twistedbeauti.webs.com/photos/Sweeney%20Todd/SWEENEY%2520TODD.jpg

...Pies?
I love this movie, ......RE6 should have a musical minigame!