Capcom Unveils Street Fighter X Mega Man This December

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
Not a fan of Street Fighter but... well... hey it's Mega Man! So I'm not gonna complain, especially since it's free. I'll defiantly be checking this one out. It's nice to see people haven't forgotten Mega Man yet, even though we haven't seen any new official games in a while.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Wait... Capcom is giving something away for free?

First congress unanimously agreeing on something and now this... the Mayans really were right.

OT: Honestly though, without Keiji Inafune in the company I can't see anything good in the future for Mega Man games(if it even has a future). I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom was already working on some kind of DMC style reboot for the franchise.

This game does look pretty cool though. Hopefully they'll also endorse that fan game Megaman X: Corrupted. I've been waiting for that one eagerly for a while.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Wait... Megaman... Street Fighter... 8 bits... free... PC exclusive... made by fans... fully endorsed by Capcom... free...

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
So the only way Capcom will give any love to Megaman is if they don't have to pay any money to do it? Screw you, Capcom.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
SachielOne said:
So the only way Capcom will give any love to Megaman is if they don't have to pay any money to do it? Screw you, Capcom.
Yep. Only Capcom would pull such bullshit.
I can't help but feel this all an elaborate trap..

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
This looks quite interesting, I'm actually pretty excited to try this out. Also interesting is the last paragraph in the article: "As for more MM25 news... stay tuned. [...] we have stuff to share that day and through 2013. We know it's been a hard year for Mega Man fans, but I hope this proves our love and intent to the series, and that we have not heard the last of the little guy."

I'm holding you to that, Capcom. This is your last chance.

PS: On a semi-related note (sorry, can't seem to submit a tip anymore):
The hip-hop/comedy/"nerdcore" duo, The Adventures of Duane and Brand0, appear to be running a kickstarter [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/duaneandbrandotour/the-return-of-duane-and-brando-tour] project to "get the band back together", as it were. There are only a few days left and they are woefully behind their goal. As to how this related to MegaMan, well, they created this little piece of awesome (NSFW, language):

Perhaps these fans might catch Capcom's attention as well... though probably not, since they do other games.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
>Walk through wall
>Protoman
>Raging Demon
>Akuma

A man can dream. Or maybe each stage can have a hidden boss, but beating one means next time it'll be a harder one following a progression likelike Protoman -> Bass -> Treble/Bass -> Akuma -> Oni -> ... Treble/Oni?

What does the boss lineup look like? Ryu, Dhalsim, Viper, Rose, Blanka, Chun-li, Rolento, presumably Seth but maybe not a normal boss? That's one or two short of the usual eight. Gotta have Bison (hat) in there somewhere.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Hell yes. I was never a Street Fighter fan, but Megaman?! And for free? I'll get it, sure!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
This pretty awesome. Cynics be damned, or am I the only one that still remembers the words "cease and desist" as being the standard response to this sort of thing in the past. Hell, I still remember the legal threats surrounding the Dragonball Z mod for Quake III.

Yeah, Capcom cancelled Megaman Legends 3 and that sucks. You know what? I don't care. I can hate them for that and thank for this and Dragon's Dogma at the same time.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Yeah, this is one where if I decide to get it it will be through torrent just so I don't have to give the Crapcom servers numbers.

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
Holy Shit, Megaman has Aegis Reflector, RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Also, see Rose and Rolento? Ain't just gonna be the original 8.
Still, I love me some 'Gief so he better be in it!

Speaking of 8-bit Music
That would be glorious. Gief's one of my favorites.

PILEDRIVE ALL OF THE THINGS.

...seriously...imagine Mega Man doing a Spinning Piledriver on his enemies.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
So does anyone know if this is going to be released as Wiiware/XBLA/Steamware?

BTW...I find it rather ironic that the username of the fan who created this is "Sonic", especially considering the upcoming crossover Archie has planned.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Voxgizer said:

Hell, even if we just get Metal Zangief, I'm happy

Look at that man, He is going to Piledrive the WORLD! FOREVER!

Captcha: What planet are we on? : One of the ones MZ allowed to live XD

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
GamemasterAnthony said:
So does anyone know if this is going to be released as Wiiware/XBLA/Steamware?
Highly unlikely. Capcom would have to figure out some kinda payment plan for the fans who created the game, and I doubt they'll wanna bother with that.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
While I would have actually liked to have seen a full blown console release or something similar for the 25th anniversary, it seems apparent from the trailer that someone actually put a good amount of effort into this. Of course, it appears almost like Capcom had to use a fan to bother doing anything with MM, and couldn't spare the development time themselves. Giving it away for free is nice though. I dunno, I feel like I should be more grateful than I am; I suppose I'm just bitter and cynical.

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
Voxgizer said:

Hell, even if we just get Metal Zangief, I'm happy

Look at that man, He is going to Piledrive the WORLD! FOREVER!

Captcha: What planet are we on? : One of the ones MZ allowed to live XD
Oh lord. He could be a secret boss!