Capitol Hill on lockdown after police say vehicle rammed into two officers and one person (possibly the perp) shot

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

The U.S. Capitol complex was placed on lockdown Friday after a vehicle rammed into two U.S. Capitol Police officers, according to law enforcement.
At least one person was shot, according to a spokesperson for the Washington D.C. Fire and EMS Department, though it’s not yet known if the person was shot by police or is an officer.
Both officers were injured, according to the Capitol Police, and a suspect is in custody. The officers and suspect have been transported to the hospital, the agency said.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
If they’re able to say it likely wasn’t terrorism related than it probably didn’t have a car bomb or anything so it’s entirely possible this was more of a normal driving accident that included bullets being fired. Jumping out with a knife could mean suicide by cop, but dudes doing that rarely try to kill anyone, whereas this guy apparently hit someone. Seems a bit early to draw much of any conclusion overall.

Edit: Seen some people say he supported Nation of Islam in his Facebook. I don’t follow that group in any real capacity, but from what I’ve heard they’ve largely become more and more right wing over time. Probably some weirdness to his motivations if he was a supporter.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If they’re able to say it likely wasn’t terrorism related than it probably didn’t have a car bomb or anything so it’s entirely possible this was more of a normal driving accident that included bullets being fired. Jumping out with a knife could mean suicide by cop, but dudes doing that rarely try to kill anyone, whereas this guy apparently hit someone. Seems a bit early to draw much of any conclusion overall.

Edit: Seen some people say he supported Nation of Islam in his Facebook. I don’t follow that group in any real capacity, but from what I’ve heard they’ve largely become more and more right wing over time. Probably some weirdness to his motivations if he was a supporter.
I thought Nation of Islam was already very right wing, it just isnt the normal right wing in the media

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I thought Nation of Islam was already very right wing, it just isnt the normal right wing in the media
Depends on how you define it. If we assume that the further right you get, the more ethnocentric you get, then yes, NoI is far right, only it's black nationalism/black supremacy, mixed with Islam. But on the other, it's not going to be friends with other right-wing groups in the US.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It depends on the era and the group. It’s complicated.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I don't think black nationalism is far right in the sense of it being "republican" but any sort of nationalism is definitely authoritarian and wrong. In the US there is just a lack of the various flavors of left and right so you get groups like these that are hard to place.

It's interesting how they're not calling the guy a terrorist though despite him being an islamist. It really is about just being arab or not apparently lol.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I don't think black nationalism is far right in the sense of it being "republican" but any sort of nationalism is definitely authoritarian and wrong. In the US there is just a lack of the various flavors of left and right so you get groups like these that are hard to place.

It's interesting how they're not calling the guy a terrorist though despite him being an islamist. It really is about just being arab or not apparently lol.
I mean, hopefully the media learnt to not call them terrorist automatically because of their race like they used to

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I mean, hopefully the media learnt to not call them terrorist automatically because of their race like they used to
The narrative was that the only reason they weren't calling the capitol rioters terrorists was that they were white, though. I guess that was wrong and they had just learned better by then.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The narrative was that the only reason they weren't calling the capitol rioters terrorists was that they were white, though. I guess that was wrong and they had just learned better by then.
Your mistaking this for the actual comments being made: That if those rioters WERENT white, they would be called terrorist

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Your mistaking this for the actual comments being made: That if those rioters WERENT white, they would be called terrorist
Either way that's wrong too though, cause this islamist was also black.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Either way that's wrong too though, cause this islamist was also black.
Dude, I'm talking about the capital rioters, not this one guy. The media was specifically say: if those rioters WERENT white, they would be called terrorist about the Capital rioters

So yes. Hopefully, after 'calling all those white people who rioted at the capital terrorist', the media and society in general realised that it wasn't just non-white who are terrorist. White people can be terrorists too. I don't know why it took this long. It's not like white people haven't been rioting across the country for about 6 years.

Also, it REALLY helps that the president isn't calling this Islamist a terrorist immediately. Because you know who'd be on Twitter calling them a terrorist if he was allowed